Can I play The Last of Us Remastered bought from Us store in my Middle East account with its all features?

shanrisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 shanrisy
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Hello, I want to buy The Last of Us Remastered from US store for $19.99 but I want to play it on my Middle East account, so will I be able to play The Last of Us Remastered in my ME accountt with its all features like DLC Story(Left Behind) and Multiplayer? I dont want to buy it from ME account because its for $39.99. Recently I shared my ME account with my friend and he can play Destiny - The Collection (which I bought on my ME account from PSN store) in his US account. My friend can play it on his US account. So should I buy The Last of Us Remastered from US store? and play it on ME account? I also have my multiplayer progression from PS3 so I will start on PS4 from where I left on PS3 if I play on ME account. ME = Middle East

slimster2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 slimster2309
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

I would believe that you would be able to play the US digital copy on your ME account, but I'm not 100% certain. What I do know is that your MP progression will not carry over from the PS3. I had purchased The Last of Us Day 1 on PS3 and put many hours into the Factions MP. I loved the game SP and MP so much that I bought the Remastered version for my PS4. Sad to say, but all my progress did not transfer over. I had to unlock all the perks and weapons once again. Well worth it, but it was quite the bummer.

shanrisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shanrisy

@slimster2309: Okay, thanks for the multiplayer progression info. What about DLC Left Behind, Will I be able to play on ME account too? Because its a DLC and DLCs are region locked.

slimster2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By slimster2309
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

Well the Remastered PS4 version includes all DLC(Factions MP maps and Left Behind). Any purchased DLC for The Last of Us(PS3) will not transfer over to PS4, whether it is purchased maps, perks, weapons for multiplayer or the standalone Left Behind DLC. If you purchase TLoU:Remastered and are able to play it on your ME account, the Left Behind DLC will also be accessible. When you open The Last of Us Remastered application on your PS4, it will bring to the start menu, where you can choose to play the Story, Left Behind, or Factions MP(as shown below). In the PS4 Remastered version, I do not believe the additional content is considered DLC in the technical sense, since it is already packed into the game itself.

Edit: Correction, The Last of Us Remastered includes Left Behind DLC and the Factions MP maps. It does not include DLC weapons, perks, or customization items(hats, hemlets, masks, etc.) for Factions MP.

shanrisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shanrisy

@slimster2309: Thanks a lot bro, that just cleared my every single doubt. Now I will purchase The Last of Us Remastered for my PS4.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#6 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

For future reference, buying DLCs from a separate region store than the game will not work. I know this because I tried it myself. Unless the game comes already with the DLCs.