Can anyone answer some questions about metal gear series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yaantey_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yaantey_basic
Member since 2002 • 130 Posts
Hi guys, can you tell me who Philosophers are in metal gear? The relation between big boss, the boss and liquid snake, solid snake, solidus snake and naked snake....i have been reading on the internet and played snake eater n the other two...but i just cant relate them...so help me out, if you guys know.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Hi guys, can you tell me who Philosophers are in metal gear? The relation between big boss, the boss and liquid snake, solid snake, solidus snake and naked snake....i have been reading on the internet and played snake eater n the other two...but i just cant relate them...so help me out, if you guys know.yaantey_basic

The internet is your friend and will help you out quicker than any of us can. Try using the search engine sometimes.

kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kurama2002
Member since 2005 • 1414 Posts
I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

Hi guys, can you tell me who Philosophers are in metal gear? The relation between big boss, the boss and liquid snake, solid snake, solidus snake and naked snake....i have been reading on the internet and played snake eater n the other two...but i just cant relate them...so help me out, if you guys know.yaantey_basic

well the philosophers were disbanded they are now called the patriots

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jeremiah06

I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.kurama2002

no those are the cobra unit

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.kurama2002

Nope. You'll find the answer out in mgs3.

kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kurama2002

[QUOTE="kurama2002"]I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.MusashiSensi

do you know? why wont you tell then?

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="kurama2002"]I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.kurama2002

if you read my comment you would know already i mean you find out in the first 15 mins of the game so its not a spoiler they are called the cobra unit and they are lead by the boss

kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kurama2002
[QUOTE="kurama2002"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="kurama2002"]I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.jeremiah06

if you read my comment you would know already i mean you find out in the first 15 mins of the game so its not a spoiler they are called the cobra unit and they are lead by the boss

im talking about the philosophers

Afro_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Afro_Samurai
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

1) The Philosophers [MGS3] later called the Patriots [MGS2] - a group of 12 of the richest bastards in America whose true identities are never revealed. said to be the true source of power in this country and not the supreme court, congress, or the president. All of that is a "show" for the American people. Prez takes orders from the Patriots.

2) O.k. The "Boss" [MGS3] is the teacher and mentor of Big Boss aka Solid Snake [MGS3]. Big Boss is the "father" that gave birth to the Liquid, Solid, and Solidus Snake clones. As for Naked Snake, that was just a codename of Big boss in MGS3.

In terms of a timeline of events it's: MGS3 --> MGS --> MGS2 --> MGS4. Hope that helps. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

The Philosophers were a group that controlled the US. They disbanded and the became The Patriots.

The Boss was Big Boss' AKA Naked Snake's mentor.

Liqiud Snake, Solid Snake, and Solidus Snake were all clones of Big Boss

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="kurama2002"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="kurama2002"]I think they are all the bosses in Metal Gears Solid 3. The Fear, The End, etc.kurama2002

im talking about the philosophers

the philosophers are what we now know as The Patriots first the last alive member of the philosophers formed Wisemen's Commitee who then went to to become The Patriots

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#13 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts

If you want to see what MGS is all about and you want to find about the story go here. Behind that link you can find MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 walktrough videos.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

play the digital graphic novel on psp and the others on ps2, I know it s confusing but MSS 4 will make everything make sense, I hope

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeremiah06

[QUOTE="yaantey_basic"]Hi guys, can you tell me who Philosophers are in metal gear? The relation between big boss, the boss and liquid snake, solid snake, solidus snake and naked snake....i have been reading on the internet and played snake eater n the other two...but i just cant relate them...so help me out, if you guys know.paul265

play the digital graphic novel on psp and the others on ps2, I know it s confusing but MSS 4 will make everything make sense, I hope

I DONT EVEN GET WHY PEOPLE SAY ITS CONFUSING IT ALL MAKES SINCE TO ME NOW XENOSAGA THAT WAS A CONFUSING STORY

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts
[QUOTE="paul265"]

[QUOTE="yaantey_basic"]Hi guys, can you tell me who Philosophers are in metal gear? The relation between big boss, the boss and liquid snake, solid snake, solidus snake and naked snake....i have been reading on the internet and played snake eater n the other two...but i just cant relate them...so help me out, if you guys know.jeremiah06

I DONT EVEN GET WHY PEOPLE SAY ITS CONFUSING IT ALL MAKES SINCE TO ME NOW XENOSAGA THAT WAS A CONFUSING STORY

Lol I know right if you just really listen your all good....
Toadso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Toadso
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

I think that the philosophers were a group of powerful and wealthy people from America, Russia and China I think. The group was disbanded and then the "wise-man committee" was established, who is known as the "Patriots".
The Patriots rule America in secrecy, the president for example, is just a puppet for the Patriots.

The boss was the mentor of Naked snake(later known as Big Boss)
Big Boss had three cloned sons,
- Solid Snake
- Liquid Snake
- Solidus Snake

These brothers are "supersoldiers" but they all walk their own path.
Currently, Solidus is dead(killed by Raiden)
Snake is alive and the main character in MGS4
and Liquid lives on in the arm of Ocelot.

Na_G4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Na_G4life
Member since 2005 • 515 Posts

SPOILER ALERT:

The Philosopers is a group that was composed of the true leaders of the US, Russia, and China. The American Philosophers were exterminated some time in the 1970's and the Patriots were formed using the Philosophers Legacy (money of the Philosophers stolen by Ocelot in MPO). Now, the Patriots control America.

As for the other stuff. The Boss is a legendary War hero who trained Naked Snake. Naked Snake kills her and becomes Big Boss. In 1972, the Les Enfants Terribles project uses Big Boss's genes to create Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake.