call of duty 4 vs call of duty 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thegizisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 thegizisback
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

to be perfectly honest i havent played the 5th one for one reason....its back to the ww2 setting, is anyone else dissapointed that they went back to ww2 (which in my opinion has been done to death) and was hoping that COD5 would have had the same theme as modern warfare? or was anyone else glad they strayed away from there modern setting and back into what the franchise was known for?

Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
Truthfully, Its the same game just in a different setting. Different times so there are different weapons. The ranking system and controls are the same. Its as if this were to be a large downloadable contents for cod4...Get it you'll enjoy it. There are loads of things to unlock, and there are plenty people playing it.
Blinkensnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Blinkensnout
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
i personally enjoy the WW2 setting. in my xbox 360 days call of duty 2 was by far my fav game, nothing special but very addictive!!! i did buy COD4 and i absolultey loved it. for me the call of duty series cant really do anything wrong weather it be WW2 or modern apart from maybe COD3 which imo was sumwhat of a dissapoinment!!
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
5 is better, but some people hate the fact that they went back to ww2
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I thought WaW was the better game. I found that period of history fascinating so maybe that's why. Other than the Chernobyl level I thought COD4's setting was pretty generic and boring. WaW does things with the WWII setting that haven't been done before. The single-player is epic, the competitive co-op is extremely fun and it's easily the most brutal rendition of the war to date.
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
Both of these games are old and played out to me. I like WAW better than cod4 because it is the newer game abd i have plenty things to practice but if it were not for COD4 then Waw would prolly be GARBAGE.
thegizisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 thegizisback
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

lol all these people saying how good WaW is i might end up getting it at some point! still going to get resistance2 this friday when it comes out this friday though :-D

COD4 is still going strong online though! LOADS of people still playing it!

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
Both are good, but COD4 > COD5 by a small margin.
Avatar image for thirteen_zombie
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 thirteen_zombie
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

I love 5, not to say I hated 4 cause it was a favorite of mine last year, but 5 rocks. Its basically 4 with a few added features and a little more organization. There are now 65 levels to get to prestige instead of 55, the WW2 setting shouldn't bother anyone, the maps are fantastic just like in 4, the weapons are back to the old days but me personally I love the older weapons more. They are all very well tuned and sighted in, very well rounded, some people say they dont like the sounds of the new weapons but they dont bother me. There are some new perks that are cool that weren't in 4 and vehicles in a few maps (tanks nothing else), 10 create a classes unlocked after 1st prestige. The dogs is a cool new addition cause they can tear people up, or they can just get dominated. All in all if you loved 4 there is no reason you cant enjoy 5, maybe not like it more but me personally, I love it more than 4. Go rent it if your unsure, but if you put alot of time into 4, you'd have no problem doing it in 5, its got the same fast paced action, and intense gameplay, and zombie mode is fun from what I hear, i'm not a big solo player.

Monthir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Monthir
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts
Still i didnt try 5 but i think its amazing game i dont care if it went back ww2 still if the game play is awsome, the graphics and multiplayer online is great then i have no problem gettin it :D
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

World War 2 has been done death just like you said, one reason I won't be purchasing the game...im gonna rent it though, COD4 was my 1st COD game because they did something new, look like it'll be the last for me, since KillZone 2 will be taking over soon...

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
CoD4 is much better imo. I had a gold cross in CoD4 but I'm only level 22 or so in CoD5. The action was much more intense in CoD4 I found. I was always looking around because bullets were constantly wizzing by my head and the sounds of the battlefield really brought it to the player. The guns handle so much better - but that is true of modern weapons over their WW2 counterparts. Too many of the levels, multiplayer included, are so dark in CoD5 that it makes it hard to see where enemies are. I think CoD5 could have released last year and CoD4 this year. Infinity Ward did such an awesome job with their game and treyarch for me is just not getting it. I play CoD5 mostly because I have friends from CoD4 who have transferred over...plus trophies :)
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

From my experience with both games, COD4 > COD 5 in every way.

I don't know about online as i haven't played 5 online, but as far as SP experience - i'm talking story, graphics, animations, music, weapons, atmosphere, memorable moments, COD4 is in a entirely different league. COD5 indeed tries to follow the same formula, it actually tries to be a carbon copy in a different setting, but as it turns out it fails in reproducing that "something" COD4 has, because COD4 is more than just slick framerate, impressive scripted sequences and smooth online, it has a certain flavour, a certain personality COD5 failed to reproduce.