Buying a ps4 just so you can play your fave game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theHellequinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 theHellequinn
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

why should we have to buy a ps4 just to play an all new assassins creed or COD.

We have all of the other ones on the ps3 but as soon as the ps4 is out, all those with ps3s and no money are screwed. Now they are just making stupid games for the ps3, that font even matter much as part of the story line. I honestly think they should have released unity on the ps3, ps4, xbox360 and xbox one because they would a. sell more, and b make their fans ALOT. more happy with their new games. we should be "easing" off of the ps3, not switching immediately and entirely .

Or maybe they should have made the game backwards compatible like other games are. i.e "for ps3 and ps4" or "for ps3 and xbox360" Or maybe they should have let the ps4 be backwards compatible. they really didnt think about the consumers with this one..BUT maybe thats just me.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

They have been easing off of the last gen consoles slowly; the majority of games that have been released in the last year have been cross-gen games and I think they have suffered because of it. Developers can't fully take advantage of current gen hardware if they have to design the game so that it is also playable on last gen hardware.

The PS3 is over 8 years old and the Xbox 360 is over 9 years old; it's time to move on. We are not going to get a game that feels truly "next gen" if they keep supporting near decade old consoles.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

They have been easing off of the last gen consoles slowly; the majority of games that have been released in the last year have been cross-gen games and I think they have suffered because of it. Developers can't fully take advantage of current gen hardware if they have to design the game so that it is also playable on last gen hardware.

The PS3 is over 8 years old and the Xbox 360 is over 9 years old; it's time to move on. We are not going to get a game that feels truly "next gen" if they keep supporting near decade old consoles.

I agree, it's been anything but a sharp transition with games being cut off from last gen - most games last year were cross-gen. Not much for PS3 owners to complain about, in my opinion - the old bird has to be phased out at some point...

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

@thehellequinn said:

why should we have to buy a ps4 just to play an all new assassins creed or COD.

We have all of the other ones on the ps3 but as soon as the ps4 is out, all those with ps3s and no money are screwed. Now they are just making stupid games for the ps3, that font even matter much as part of the story line. I honestly think they should have released unity on the ps3, ps4, xbox360 and xbox one because they would a. sell more, and b make their fans ALOT. more happy with their new games. we should be "easing" off of the ps3, not switching immediately and entirely .

Or maybe they should have made the game backwards compatible like other games are. i.e "for ps3 and ps4" or "for ps3 and xbox360" Or maybe they should have let the ps4 be backwards compatible. they really didnt think about the consumers with this one..BUT maybe thats just me.

spoken like someone who truly has no idea what he is talking about. I dont even know where to begin on ur third paragraph, idk what making a game "backwards compatible" means. as for making the ps4 backwards compatible. its not, get over it.

ur entire post is just bitching over not being able to afford the new console, i "honestly think" all modern games should play on my snes, but they dont. accept it.

u completely ignore the possibility that AC:U wouldnt run on last gen, the backlash they would have got if they released an inferior game (which they kinda already are dealing with since the game is buggy as hell) just so itd work on last gen, and what the other guys said.

i wish i wouldn't have had to update to ps4 too, but thats not how this works, get over it.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Pretty much exactly what I rock Socks said....We've known about the PS4 for 2 years now, and you've had ample time to save up for the systems. If you and your family are that poor, you shouldn't be buying brand new 60$ games to begin with. I don't know how old you are, but if you are able to work there is no reason why you can't put in a few extra hours to cover it if it means that much.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

This isn't a serious post is it? I feel like i got trolled just frm reading all of it.

frozengrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 frozengrudge
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

@thehellequinn: Is this a serious post? Aside from a bevy of current gen, multiplatform games slated for release on ps3 this year, a wave of Japanese games are also coming westward. If there's anything stupid here, it's your post.

theHellequinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theHellequinn

@thehellequinn: it was just my own opinion. and not everyone knew about a ps4 coming. ill delete my forum. wow...I didnt think gamespot had bullies.

theHellequinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 theHellequinn

you guys really know how to make somone feel good about themselves, ya know.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

You must be very young, tech moves on and tech needs to be left behind, the thing is, this has been the slowest transition from one console to next, that i have ever been witness to.

PS2 to PS3 took about 6months before PS3 games became just PS3 and not PS2/PS3 probably even sooner, it was even more evident from PS1 to PS2 even the Snes to N64 was pretty instant.

I'm sorry your stuck with PS3 and have no money, but things move on and things need to be left behind, it's how we move forward. sorry

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@thehellequinn said:

you guys really know how to make somone feel good about themselves, ya know.

Please don't let the disagreement get to you. People tend towards "snarky" in their responses on the internet, but for the most part we're just peacefully disagreeing with you (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is fine in the context of an open discussion).

Occasionally you'll run into someone who truly lobs abuse at you or behaves otherwise inappropriately - in those circumstances, be sure to ensure it constitutes a violation of our community code of conduct and flag or report to mods as appropriate.

Hopefully you stick around and continue to share your opinions and contribute to the forum discussions!