This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts

Hey guys, casual gamer over here, im buying a PS4 to play Dark Souls 3 <3. I heard that online gaming must be payed?

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2  Edited By Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

I'd wait for next month E3 to see about the next console news, becuase you might doing a mistake by buying PS4 now, nevertheless if want to play it now and that's it go for it, online is for co-op, it's not a must requirement for playing it.

Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts

Thanks, i hope i dont make a mistake buying it right now :( also Doom is coming. I need to fulfill my needs right now :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Shacrob: Online isn't required for Dark Souls games. However, if you want to play online modes, you do need to buy PS+.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Casual gamer?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Uncharted 4

Doom

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Dark soul series is not for the casual gamer. You will end up buying a new controller or PS4 or just getting mad all the time.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Shhhh... That's the first part of the learning process.

GlockMinnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GlockMinnie
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I just ordered the Destiny Taken King Limited PS4, I was gonna wait till after E3, but decided to pull the trigger since I do not want to wait till fall, cause I wanted one primarily for NMS.

Been playin Destiny on X1 since launch, friends on PS4 now. Figured what the hey, I save like $60 by getting the console bundle instead of buying everything separate. Good luck

Edit, spelling.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Buy a PS4

Download Planetside 2

Enlightenment achieved

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@glockminnie said:

I just ordered the Destiny Taken King Limited PS4, I was gonna wait till after E3, but decided to pull the trigger since I do not want to wait till fall, cause I wanted one primarily for NMS.

Been playin Destiny on X1 since launch, friends on PS4 now. Figured what the hey, I save like $60 by getting the console bundle instead of buying everything separate. Good luck

Edit, spelling.

NMS is coming in august anyway.

Ackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By Ackbar
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts

If you wait. You keep waiting...

Enjoy now

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

i'm i guess you could say a causual gamer i go through periods where i don't play anything for months but than i pick up one of my systems and play that for about a month or so than i get burnt out on it. i've always been like that i'd say don't buy a system only for one game though as for me i could care less about playing games online and i avoid it if i can. i may love video games but i'm not no master at them like many people are. so rather than be called an idiot on how bad i am at this or that i stay clear of them. i'm not saying everyone online is like that but many are. plus i like playing single mode cause that's how i grew up doing so. every now and than i do like to play with a friend don't get me wrong but that doesn't happen too often.

anyways i bought mine cause i was impatient to wait for E3 cause you never know what they will say. since it's next week i say you can wait a week if you want too. what i believe they are going to do if the rumors are true that is. and i can't remember if it was announced or not to be honest i mean offically. sorry for my bad spelling,

is to put out the Neo or whatever the hell they call it? and it's going to be able to have 4K whatever the hell that is? in short i think they made it mostly for 2 reasons 1 so the VR can hook up to it if you want to. and it can hook up to the standard one but it's suppose to look like shit from what i've heard online, i have no idea if that's true or not. 2ndly i could care less about 4K as i can't remember if my tv even is that and i'm not going to go out and by a tv just for it too look that good for video games i love

games but my tv is only a couple years old and it's not due to be replaced just yet. another rumor is they are going to lower the price again on the PS4 and it would not surprise me if they did. my guess and it's only a guess though is that if you buy the system solo it will be $300 soon but the bundles will still be $350 however that part is only guess work. i have no link if any of this is true or not this is my own opinion. since the X Bone went down in price and i can't remember if it's going to be for good or not. and they are suppose to put out a Slimmer version i have no idea when with the PS 4.5 aka Neo as i read online somewhat said it best is the current Gen that just started with the X Bone and the PS4 just a couple years ago going to be over in just this very short time? if so that reallly is stupid and pointless cause they normally last longer than this.