Buying a ps3 120 gig tommorow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbryan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cbryan91
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they r stable or if they will be like xbox and its red rings i need someone to recommend me to buy one bc i want to play heavy rain and cpl of others. smeone plz giv me there review how long do they last?
BlackhawkBix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 BlackhawkBix
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts

So far they haven't really been out long enough for anyone to know. I own one and I have plenty of friends who own one as well. It doesn't heat up like the older models andit runs better. So far there hasn't been any widespread or big complaints on them and they've been out for a few months. I would say go for it.Thereare also supposed to be much, much less prone to the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death) that some of the earlier models succumb to.

cbryan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cbryan91
thank u very much for fast reply.im an xbox addict i play 360 24/7 but there r games like heavy rain uncharted i wanna play so thats y im buying it any other games u can recommend
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

There's a recommendation thread if you're looking for a game so you might want to check that out.

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

Can anyone tell me if they r stable or if they will be like xbox and its red rings i need someone to recommend me to buy one bc i want to play heavy rain and cpl of others. smeone plz giv me there review how long do they last?cbryan91
Well i got my 120GB roughly about 2 months ago,and i've previously had the 60GB and 80GB Phat models,but i prefer my Slim more now than them 2.

The only thing i would say,is that you get a lot of strange and sometimes very loud clicking sounds from the slims casing when it starts to warm up,apparently very normal though and you soon get used to it.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
SLIMS are better, at least from the time they've been released I haven't heard of one issue. I got the slim and love it. I actually don't wanna sell it like I did my previous PS3 fat versions. Something about the SLIMS that makes you feel at peace..oh yeah their crazy quiet too.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

They seem to be really well built, but if you can pick up an extended warranty for a few bucks I'd say get it. Like someone else said the Slims haven't been out long enough to really know how they will act long term.

Everyone that I know that has a Slim has never had a problem except one person who had a bad power supply right out of the box, but that kind of stuff is going to happen with any electronics. So basically go for it, owning both the PS3 and the other HD console is great.

Except on the wallet, so many games to play.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

PS3 is MUCH more reliable than the 360, but that's not to say they're not bulletproof. I've had no problems with my launch 60GB system, so take that as you will.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Can anyone tell me if they r stable or if they will be like xbox and its red rings i need someone to recommend me to buy one bc i want to play heavy rain and cpl of others. smeone plz giv me there review how long do they last?cbryan91

Dude I hate to sound pessimistic, but it's an electronic device...nobody can promise you anything. Just make sure you get a warranty with it,that's the only thing I can see that will give you SOME peace of mind.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

They seem to be really well built, but if you can pick up an extended warranty for a few bucks I'd say get it. Like someone else said the Slims haven't been out long enough to really know how they will act long term.

Everyone that I know that has a Slim has never had a problem except one person who had a bad power supply right out of the box, but that kind of stuff is going to happen with any electronics. So basically go for it, owning both the PS3 and the other HD console is great.

Except on the wallet, so many games to play.

coasterguy65

Agreed, I own both as well....even though I had replace both of them recently. I'm not angry...both systems where over 3yrs old.:)

cbryan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cbryan91
thanks for replies peeps :}