buying a new game tomorrow... which to get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

---LOST---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ---LOST---
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

I have Uncharted, R&C, and NCAA Football 08...

I'm thinking about getting Oblivion, but I'm still open to other games and haven't been keeping up-to-date on game releases since buying my PS3...

and I have COD4 for my PC, so i'm not getting it for the PS3

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
get DMC4.
Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Alfred91
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts

get DMC4.Pearl_of_Egypt

Is that game ne good lol? Theres a good deal at futureshop that im thinking of getting. Is it as good as the forums say so? Also you need to get Warhawk that game is fun. Assassins creed doesnt hurt either that game is Godly.

---LOST---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ---LOST---
only problem I have with Assassians Creed and DMC4 is I've heard mixed reports...
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.Alfred91

Is that game ne good lol? Theres a good deal at futureshop that im thinking of getting. Is it as good as the forums say so? Also you need to get Warhawk that game is fun. Assassins creed doesnt hurt either that game is Godly.

well I'm getting it tomorrow because that's when it gets released here, but I love the DMC series and from what I can tell it looks amazing and I'm definitely getting it.

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alfred91

only problem I have with Assassians Creed and DMC4 is I've heard mixed reports...---LOST---

Not going to lie assassins creed gets repetitive at times. The story is great all the way through its pretty sick. If thats not what your into just get any fifa/madden game you should be fine with that. Another thing, I hear this resistance game is good I don't have it but you might want to look into that.

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
Warhawk!
Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.Pearl_of_Egypt

well I'm getting it tomorrow because that's when it gets released here, but I love the DMC series and from what I can tell it looks amazing and I'm definitely getting it.

I played the demo for that game and its good. I like the rock songs they play as you beat up those puppet things. I played that demo till this huge fire boss guy kicked the living s*** out of me. Looks good, I'm honestly thinking of getting it bestbuy.ca has a good deal with that game and this other ok game turok.

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

Warhawk!TrevCubsOr21

What he said..because sure, if u get DMC4, it will be an awesome game, for like a week...then its over..but warhawk is awesome, I've played it like exclusively since christmas and its still wicked fun, everyone I know thats even tried it loves it.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pearl_of_Egypt
[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

I played the demo for that game and its good. I like the rock songs they play as you beat up those puppet things. I played that demo till this huge fire boss guy kicked the living s*** out of me. Looks good, I'm honestly thinking of getting it bestbuy.ca has a good deal with that game and this other ok game turok.

haha I've been dying to play the demo but my brother borrowed my PS3 a while ago to play Assassin's Creed. thing is he got so bored of the game, he only plays a little at a time. I played it first, I wasn't too into it, got too repetitive for my taste and his as well which is why I'm only getting it tomorrow.

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamer_marrik
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

haha I've been dying to play the demo but my brother borrowed my PS3 a while ago to play Assassin's Creed. thing is he got so bored of the game, he only plays a little at a time. I played it first, I wasn't too into it, got too repetitive for my taste and his as well which is why I'm only getting it tomorrow.

The demo is pretty much the same as DMC3.... but with fun grabs, new interesting twist to the game, definetly a good addition.. However, I was a little dissapointed, because the boss in the demo was like 5x easier than the FIRST boss in DMC3.... I just hope DMC4 lives up to its predicessors in being a insanely hard awesome game :D

---LOST---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ---LOST---

hmm... the PS3 library is kind of small... of course there isn't really anything I want for my 360...

I may end up getting Sins of a Solar Empire for my laptop... i'm dling demos for some games right now...

--Sinister--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 --Sinister--
Member since 2006 • 3136 Posts
Well, if you want a video game close to that new Rambo movie (which was awsome) than get Turok. I'm picking it up tommorow too.
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamer_marrik

hmm... the PS3 library is kind of small... of course there isn't really anything I want for my 360...

I may end up getting Sins of a Solar Empire for my laptop... i'm dling demos for some games right now...

---LOST---

Thats a good thing about Warhawk, i mean its like 32.00 used, 40.00 new, and it'll entertain you for quite some time.... so if price concerns you at all, if you want something to tide you over till MGS4, or GTA, or Gran Turismo or w/e its perfect :)... sorry im starting to sound like a salesperson (comites suicide)

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

Yeah that game does get repetitive. Still good no idea why but I seem to be like the only person who realy enjoyed it on this forum thing lol. O well everyone likes there own thing I guess. Another thing, you haven't played that devil may cry game yet? your basically useless then lol.

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alfred91

Well, if you want a video game close to that new Rambo movie (which was awsome) than get Turok. I'm picking it up tommorow too. --Sinister--

Man that Rambo movie kicked a**, he just ripped someones throat out with his bare hands in that movie. Man people get f***ed in that movie by stalone pretty bad,and y0 is turok like fun or good?

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I picked up Warhawk shortly after it launched, and have been playing it at least several nights a week ever since. Can't go wrong there. Also, Resistance is fantastic. If you like music, and have any friends, and a little extra money, Rock Band is awesome. If you haven't played Oblivion yet, then go for it, plenty of gameplay in that one. You can get the GotY for $60, or the older version for $30, and then download the Shivering Isles for $30, doesn't really matter, it ammounts to the same thing.
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamer_marrik
I think as far as all games go, turok isn't anything all that spectacular..of course my view is a little swayed, i've only played the demo.... but its like a twist on the classic sci-fi killing aliens, but Oh my Gosh! now we get to kill dinosaurs!
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
I would go for DMC4 but I have so many games now!

just bought CoD4, Burnout Paradise, Folklore!
Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.gamer_marrik

The demo is pretty much the same as DMC3.... but with fun grabs, new interesting twist to the game, definetly a good addition.. However, I was a little dissapointed, because the boss in the demo was like 5x easier than the FIRST boss in DMC3.... I just hope DMC4 lives up to its predicessors in being a insanely hard awesome game :D

I'm not going to lie this is the only sony conole (either then ps1, but str8 up who doesn't have that?) I have. I never played devil may cry before, and pretty much every other great sequal coming to the ps3. Also how exactly do you find those boss's easy man your sick in the head :^).

---LOST---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ---LOST---

[QUOTE="--Sinister--"]Well, if you want a video game close to that new Rambo movie (which was awsome) than get Turok. I'm picking it up tommorow too. Alfred91

Man that Rambo movie kicked a**, he just ripped someones throat out with his bare hands in that movie. Man people get f***ed in that movie by stalone pretty bad,and y0 is turok like fun or good?

That's what a Republican on HGH can do... I bet ya GW could do the same... he just asks like a dull-witted Politician...

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Alfred91

I would go for DMC4 but I have so many games now!

WhyuStillAlive

Whats folklore? I hear alot of people talk about it on these forums I have no idea what it is. Is it one of those must have games, or ne good?

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamer_marrik
[QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

I'm not going to lie this is the only sony conole (either then ps1, but str8 up who doesn't have that?) I have. I never played devil may cry before, and pretty much every other great sequal coming to the ps3. Also how exactly do you find those boss's easy man your sick in the head :^).

Play any DMC game, you'll think the DMC4 demo boss is easy, you can kill him by shooting him from a distance, because hes such a slow idiot..it takes a while but its doable... seriously check out videos on youtube titled like DMC4 style, or something, they'll have some freaking awesome combos that you'd never have imagined playing that game for the first time...

Iced_Acid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Iced_Acid
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

maybe Brunout Paradise? also consider DMC4.... lol

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="WhyuStillAlive"]I would go for DMC4 but I have so many games now!

Alfred91

Whats folklore? I hear alot of people talk about it on these forums I have no idea what it is. Is it one of those must have games, or ne good?

Folklore is a pretty good game. It's kind of an action-rpg mystery kind of thing. it's one of the best examples of how to use the sixaxis controller in a good way, also. There are or were, i'm assuming they are still there) two different demos available for download on the North American PSN store, I suggest you search for em and download em if you are curious about the game.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

Alfred91

I would stop going for those must have games and try something you actualy enjoyed. the PSN store has a demo download the second demo that was released. I didn't like it at first but after some battles I actualy enjoyed it. and it uses the sixaxis very well.

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.gamer_marrik

Play any DMC game, you'll think the DMC4 demo boss is easy, you can kill him by shooting him from a distance, because hes such a slow idiot..it takes a while but its doable... seriously check out videos on youtube titled like DMC4 style, or something, they'll have some freaking awesome combos that you'd never have imagined playing that game for the first time...

I just watched this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=cN3xRC03CT4, and holy crap lol. It looks like the demo, can you like do that kind of crap in there?

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="WhyuStillAlive"]I would go for DMC4 but I have so many games now!

ianuilliam

Folklore is a pretty good game. It's kind of an action-rpg mystery kind of thing. it's one of the best examples of how to use the sixaxis controller in a good way, also. There are or were, i'm assuming they are still there) two different demos available for download on the North American PSN store, I suggest you search for em and download em if you are curious about the game.

Alright, when I go to play a round or w/e of COD4, ill look it up in the psn. Should be good never heard nething bad about it.

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamer_marrik

I just watched this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=cN3xRC03CT4, and holy crap lol. It looks like the demo, can you like do that kind of crap in there?

Yeah..theres even better videos then that if you take your time looking through... and yes thats the demo I watched it just now..... I've seen cooler ones though :D

---LOST---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ---LOST---
[QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

look at all the quotes... ROFL

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamer_marrik
Yeah I tryed to stop the mass quoting but aparently it didn't work it..
Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.---LOST---

Holy sh** lol. It basically took me 10 min to scroll down all that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 0843262608
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts
[QUOTE="---LOST---"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

DMC is only out in March in sunny South Africa :-(

alberto2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alberto2045
Member since 2005 • 1591 Posts

are you kidding havent you played the demo, why do you guys even have a PS3 if you dont download the demos just get the demos and if you dont like it erase it hello! and dude DMC4 is what you should definetely get for PS3 this month

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="---LOST---"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.0843262608

Holy S*** your in south africa? If i was in your shoes man I would not touch games and do everything outside. Im in snowy cold and wet Canada. Honestly, how can you play games living in such a godly place?

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alfred91
[QUOTE="Alfred91"]

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]get DMC4.alberto2045

are you kidding havent you played the demo, why do you guys even have a PS3 if you dont download the demos just get the demos and if you dont like it erase it hello! and dude DMC4 is what you should definetely get for PS3 this month

When have demos accuratly show us what the final product will be? I have the demo, its ok. A lot of people are making out to be a lot better then I thought. So I ask people about it in order to know if I should buy it. Are you done crying now?

cjgangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cjgangsta
Member since 2004 • 1095 Posts
Warhawk.
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

%100 agree with buying Warhawk. Read my recent review of the game, and you'll get it! BB represent

hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 hairyassapeman
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
I feel like the odd man out on the forums, because I didn't like Warhawk OR Resistance FOM. I played the demo for DMC4 and I didn't care for it much. Not my cup of tea. His pistol felt useless and melee combat felt like button mashing. But the graphics were nice and the game has some style. I won't be buying it though.. I'm really interested in Turok. Haven't played it, but I'm looking forward to trying it. Out of those games you mentioned, I would buy Oblivion.
mo52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mo52
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

rainbow 6 vegas

MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MaForce
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts

[QUOTE="---LOST---"]only problem I have with Assassians Creed and DMC4 is I've heard mixed reports...Alfred91

Not going to lie assassins creed gets repetitive at times. The story is great all the way through its pretty sick. If thats not what your into just get any fifa/madden game you should be fine with that. Another thing, I hear this resistance game is good I don't have it but you might want to look into that.

Agreed AC does get repetitive but the story and everything make it fun. No replay value though but I'd go with DMC4 it has more action and replay value. Either one of those games is a great buy. ALso if you dont mind a little slower loading times orange box is a bang for the buck and i think some places has it marked down to $50

MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MaForce
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
[QUOTE="0843262608"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="---LOST---"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="gamer_marrik"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="Alfred91"]

Holy S*** your in south africa? If i was in your shoes man I would not touch games and do everything outside. Im in snowy cold and wet Canada. Honestly, how can you play games living in such a godly place?

South Africa sounds awesome ive never been there but....this is the longest series of quotes ive ever seen so i gotta keep it going :D

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Guitar Hero III!
ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points