bought R2 instead of valkyria chronicles just now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts

because of the trophy support. I wanted valkiria more but trophy collecting adds so much to a game for me and having a non-retroactive patch added later feels like a slap in the face everytime.

I havent opened it yet, is there gonna be a trophy patch for valkyria soon cause then I can take it back 

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts
not that i know of............. (for valkyria chronicles).
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Oh Lord

facepalm

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
Congrats on your purchase...I would personally pick Resistance 2 over VC, but I will probably end up getting both games...
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I recommend getting VC next because it's awesome.
fatboyDanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fatboyDanny
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Oh Lord

facepalm

GreenGoblin2099
That is just golden, hahaha
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Througha quick google and wiki search I've concluded that this game has no immediate plans for a trophy patch. There are plenty of rumors flying around, and people wishing it had support, but no official mention at all.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#8 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
It really wouldn't be hard to implement seeing as the decorations that you can get could easily become trophies. I would def recommend you pick up VC not many games have made me smile as much as VC this gen.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I guess I can understand such contemplation, because you have preferences, like all of us, that must be met, and they take priority over things that for others are seemingly more important. So I do see you postponing the purchase of VC if trophies will be patched in the future, and if trophies truly mean so much to you. HOWEVER, if you skipped VC strictly due to the lack of trophy support and purchase R2 because of trophy support (granted that you probably wanted this game, just not as much as VC), I can only hope you realize the kind of brain-**** you have just laid upon the populace of these forums. If you like trophies more than games, so be it, I get it, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. If I were in your shoes, I would have bought the game I wanted the most, trophies are a bonus.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
Dude, if FFXIII didn't have trophies you wouldn't buy it? I just beat VC today and although the ending scene started off weird the ending was very statisfying. I can't stress this enough that every RPG fan should own Valkyria Chronicles.
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
I find it ridiculous how people would skip out on PS3 games simply due to lack of official trophy support. How have you've been gaming in the past 10 years, when trophies and achievements were built *into* the game instead of awarded on some profile used to show off to other people online? 95% of them don't even care what you have, they only care about their own levels and trophies. VC has got a medal award system built into the game, and that's good enough for me.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Oh Lord

facepalm

GreenGoblin2099
Haha Goblin you get the best pictures...
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]I find it ridiculous how people would skip out on PS3 games simply due to lack of official trophy support. How have you've been gaming in the past 10 years, when trophies and achievements were built *into* the game instead of awarded on some profile used to show off to other people online? 95% of them don't even care what you have, they only care about their own levels and trophies. VC has got a medal award system built into the game, and that's good enough for me.

It's the same as Achievements. Trophies can be addictive. I pay special attention to my Achievement points, just like Naylord pays special attention to his Trophies. The guy has over 200 of them. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a trophy whore, but he is perfectly willing to delay playing a game in hopes that it will get trophies. Sorry guys, cross-game tracking systems (trophies, achievements) are the future.
EmyrsII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EmyrsII
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
hard decision to choose just one of these two games... really glad i didnt have to make that choice! XD but i have been playing VC much more then R2... maybe thats just because it satisfies the RPG and the first person gamer in me... ::shrug::
Ermachko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ermachko
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
played them both glad I bought Valkyria Chronicles
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
I find it ridiculous how people would skip out on PS3 games simply due to lack of official trophy support.Brainhunter
It's less ridiculous than questioning peoples preferences.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#17 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

While i will be getting R2, and i love trophies, i still got Valkyria Chronicles on day of release to play for fun, you know, that thing where you enjoy games for what they are rather then collecting pointless in game cups.

VC is an innovative game that i wanted to sell well as Sega clearly put effort into it.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

While i will be getting R2, and i love trophies, i still got Valkyria Chronicles on day of release to play for fun, you know, that thing where you enjoy games for what they are rather then collecting pointless in game cups.

VC is an innovative game that i wanted to sell well as Sega clearly put effort into it.

AzelKosMos

Again, another stupid statement. What if someone finds collecting Trophies fun? I know it's a crazy concept, but not everyone is the same. Yes, Trophies are pointless but, as I've said before, so is gaming itself.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
same here got R2 today but will definately get VC later on next month since its a great game too...
scass319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 scass319
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts
Hey guys, quick question about VC. I downloaded the demo last night and I thought it was very good. My only complaint is that all their was to it was the battleing, and im worried that if thats all their is to do in the game I might get bored of it rather quickly. So my question is, is their any kind of free roaming where you can walk around and talk to people? Kind of like Final Fantasy I guess? or is it just battleing and cut scenes?
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
Hey guys, quick question about VC. I downloaded the demo last night and I thought it was very good. My only complaint is that all their was to it was the battleing, and im worried that if thats all their is to do in the game I might get bored of it rather quickly. So my question is, is their any kind of free roaming where you can walk around and talk to people? Kind of like Final Fantasy I guess? or is it just battleing and cut scenes?scass319
Well, it mostly is just cutscenes and battles. You can go to your headquarters in between any cutscene/battle to manage your squad, invest money into R&D for new weapons/armor for your troops, etc.; but it's all menu driven. The battles don't get boring because of the variety of scenarios you get placed in. Requiring varing strategy and troop placement, the battles get tougher as you go.
Avatar image for Clint_Beastwood
Clint_Beastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Clint_Beastwood
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

I just bought a ps3 5 months ago after not having owned a gaming system for 12 years. I had other interests, like chasing girls, to keep me occupied. Now at 25, I wonder if "collecting trophies" will be the ultimate source of self esteem for the youth of tomorrow. The fact that someone wouldn't buy a game because it can't show off how much time you spend on or how good you are at games makes me cringe.

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
Well u should always pick the game u want not because u want the trophies. trophies won't bring u FUN. I have GTA4 and i didn't play it again for the trophy. u should have picked valkyria if u want it more.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
Wow, that's about as childish as buying the cereal with the coolest toy inside instead of basing your decision how much you like the cereal itself.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#25 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"]

BZSIN

Again, another stupid statement. What if someone finds collecting Trophies fun? I know it's a crazy concept, but not everyone is the same. Yes, Trophies are pointless but, as I've said before, so is gaming itself.

In the end he got a game he wanted less due to trophies? I mean come on. Trophies to me should be an added bonus to great games not the influence to purchase them. It was his choice, i merely gave my opinion on his purchase and what i would have, and did do, everyone is different you know :shock:

Sorry if i sound like an ass but i find it disheartning when great games like Valkyria Chronicles get passed up, remember Beyond Good & Evil...? :cry:

And yeah i would like a trophy patch for VC myself but there has been no anoucement yet that i know of :( 

Â