Black lines on Vita's screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stefankrewetka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stefankrewetka
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hi! Yesterday I bought PS Vita and a few hours later I noticed something strange: black lines on the screen especially when backgorund is dark. I'm not sure if I should have Vita serviced for that reason.The lines aren't really visible while playing games or surfing the Net but when the background gets dark you can see them especially whenn you know where to expect them. You can see the lines here: http://imgur.com/a/3dhNN#0 What are they?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Well they're not good or natural, that's for sure
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts
mine has it too. I think it's just a OLED thing. I never see mine while actually playing a game, even when it's dark
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Like any OLED screen you should be careful with how long you keep the screen on a still image it can burn that image into your screen. I have mine to auto turn off the screen after 1 Minute, also I don't use the Internet Browser on the Vita since alot of the space is still images, however I am alittle paranoid hahah.

stefankrewetka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stefankrewetka
So, do you think I should have my Vita serviced? I've read about "mura effect" but people talk mainly about spots and blotches and I don't have them on my Vita. Moreover,I thought that "mura effect" is viisble only on black/dark backgrounds especially in the dark surrounding, As you can see in the pictures these lines are visible on different backgrounds, however not in the games....
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Depends on how much it bothers you. Don't know where you bought it but I would simply exchange it for another one.
stefankrewetka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stefankrewetka
I simply would like to know if these lines are for sure "mura effect" or not...
NettoSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#8 NettoSaito
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
[QUOTE="stefankrewetka"]So, do you think I should have my Vita serviced? I've read about "mura effect" but people talk mainly about spots and blotches and I don't have them on my Vita. Moreover,I thought that "mura effect" is viisble only on black/dark backgrounds especially in the dark surrounding, As you can see in the pictures these lines are visible on different backgrounds, however not in the games....

I was going to say it was normal, until I read this.... I've seen the mura effect on my vita (only during end game credits when it is completely black), but from what you just said; this isn't what you're seeing. I'm really not sure why you are seeing actual lines, but if it really is bothering you that much I'm sure you could exchange it.