Bioshock Infinite big twist possibly revealed (Possible spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 0

#1 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

Did anyone else notice the flag materializing itself and making a computer-like sound ala Assassin's Creedafter the bell fell in front of Booker? We see something weird like this again when Booker takes the rifle from the barrel next to that crazy patriot. Is Columbia a computer simulation?

We also see lots of weird things happening in the trailer. The woman sweeping her burning house, the crazy patriot giving a speech to nobody, a paper deliverer riding a broken carriage with a lifeless demeanor. Maybe Columbia is a malfunctioning computer simulation of sorts? It certainly seems "off" for reality.

Study the gameplaytrailer carefully:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ten-minute-demo-bioshock-infinite/704932

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Good eye. If this was Marvel Vs Capcom3 I'd be at it just like you but its not.
Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Yazu13

The trailer was very good btw. It retains a sense of wonderment while still having that odd element that makes things seem wrong or out of place. I'm curious where they're going with this. I've watched this trailer at least 3 times and each time it seems less and less like reality. It's all so vivid that it almost seems real, but there are too many clues that say otherwise. Very expertly made.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Yazu13

Woah! I just noticed something interesting. At the 6 minute mark, when Booker is in the bar, he looks around the room and the picture in the middle of the room changes. It is originally a picture of the Statue of Liberty with a man riding a horse in the foreground, but as Booker is looking left it changes into the portrait of a man. You can catch the edge of when it is changing too.

Rigour_Mortise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rigour_Mortise
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

Woah! I just noticed something interesting. At the 6 minute mark, when Booker is in the bar, he looks around the room and the picture in the middle of the room changes. It is originally a picture of the Statue of Liberty with a man riding a horse in the foreground, but as Booker is looking left it changes into the portrait of a man. You can catch the edge of when it is changing too.

Yazu13
Yeah I noticed this! However I don't think these are spoilers as such. If this was the case, why would they put it so blatantly in a gameplay trailer 2 years prior to release?
Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yazu13

[QUOTE="Yazu13"]

Rigour_Mortise

Yeah I noticed this! However I don't think these are spoilers as such. If this was the case, why would they put it so blatantly in a gameplay trailer 2 years prior to release?

To give us something to speculate until the discussion has become so old and boring that we forget about the major spoiler? :P

They did reveal something that is important to the game. We all thought this place was real until the information from this trailer was pieced together. It doesn't tell us much about the story, but it gives us a pretty huge hint as to what this game is about. Booker could be real and trapped in the simulation, or he could be in a sort of Matrix world that he thinks is real until the robots come to wake him up and drop him down a long tube into a pool of water, or Booker himself could be a type of malfunctioningrobot. The new Big Daddy with the visibly beating heart could hint towards human-like robots.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You may be onto something here:

Some aspects of why BioShock Infinite is a BioShock game will become clear with the release of the imminent gameplay video. But there are other aspects that are only subtly suggested. Here's a hint: pay close attention, and watch it more than once.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Another one. Watch when the patriot who is giving the speech has Booker turn his gun on him. When his eyes glow the medal on his jacket glitches/materializes.

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Idea. Not very clever and it's sooooooo unlikely don't shoot me down just seemed cool but what if Columbia was a simulation using one of the computers in Rapture like Lambs big console thing and Booker is someone trapped in it and elizabeth was another person trapped in and he's trying to get her out and the sumulation is called Operation Infinite or something?

as i said unliklely but could be cool

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Yes, I did notice the flag and I had my thoughts about the woman sweeping and the man pulling the cart. I believe it does have something to do with simulation, just not that big like AC.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yazu13

Idea. Not very clever and it's sooooooo unlikely don't shoot me down just seemed cool but what if Columbia was a simulation using one of the computers in Rapture like Lambs big console thing and Booker is someone trapped in it and elizabeth was another person trapped in and he's trying to get her out and the sumulation is called Operation Infinite or something?

as i said unliklely but could be cool

Prince-Noctis

That's not such a bad idea. Maybe it's some sort of propaganda simulation Ryan hadrigged up. Columbia is the polar opposite of Rapture so it wouldn't be a stretch. Booker and Elizabeth could be stuck in the simulation too since they were forgotten after New Year's Eve when Rapture went to hell.

I have an even more unlikely theory though! Booker is actually some sort of malfunctioningrobot and he sees Columbia abnormally. It sounds farfetched, but as we all know, Jack from Bioshock 1 had "something" that made his life a lie. Just like someone posted earlier in this topic, the gameplay would reveal what makes this a Bioshock game and Booker could have a sort of "Something" like Jack had.