This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
what's the bets site to see a review for ps3 games?
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
I find Gametrailers and IGN to be relatively reliable for all games(except PC.)
SenorTinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SenorTinman
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
Umm.. I guess GameSpot, 1up, GameTrailers are good. I can't think of any PS3 spesific sites besides PS3 fanboy.com which is really good and you should check it out. Also you should check out my site PlanetGameWorld.com (Heh, shameless plug), I just reviewed WipEout HD like a couple of days ago.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Look at collective review places where they take the average of all of the sites.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Try the forums.Thats right.The best reviews you can find are from the community its self.That and of course your own personal opinion.I never pay attention to any reviews anymore.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Try the forums.Thats right.The best reviews you can find are from the community its self.That and of course your own personal opinion.I never pay attention to any reviews anymore.K1LLR3175

+1

I'm bored by the "professional" reviewers, they have their own opinion of gaming and can't be objective one second, favoring FPS and most often games they'll know will sell well. They don't play games for fun, just to write their review, and put a score -that's where I'm afraid of Microsoft sending "gifts" to get better scores). Gamers will take more time and enjoy the games they've bought (or not), only problem is the trolls or liars so try to find a site where you can communicate well with some other gamers. PSN friends can help too, happens that I question a guy I've seen playing a game if it's good (of course you have to say what a good game is for you, your tastes, the gameplay you like ...).

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

I find Gametrailers and IGN to be relatively reliable for all games(except PC.)pyromaniac223

I agree. IGN and GT are the only game review sites I really trust any more (and occasionally Eurogamer, when the reviewer's heads aren't shoved too far up their own arses).

aDhAmMe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 aDhAmMe13
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
gamerankings.com
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I like 1UP, Gamespot (sometimes they can be a little too nitpicky with some games, and too fickle with ones they like), IGN mostly. Try to steer clear of platform specific sources (Official Xbox Magazine, Nintendo Power etc.) as they tend to heap praise on waaay too many games, especially exclusives.
steel_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 steel_0
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts
I always check on gametrailers,they are grat.My recomend.
MrBz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 MrBz1
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
I check them all out and wait for the REAL players to give their opinion.:D
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Go to game rankings. Ignore reviews from single format publications, then work out the average.

**Ignore, with impunity, Famitsu scores. They pretty much openly admit accepting cash for good reviews. Lucky it doesnt happen here...cough cough.

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bazfrag

Another tip. If a game is out in the shops, but no'one has reviewed it. AVOID!!

Amazingly, BIA3 arrived late for most reviewers....i wonder why???

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

To those saying Gamerankings: do you actually read the reviews or do you just look at the score and make an instant judgement about whether the game is good or not?

'Cause there's no way you can get a proper representation of what the game is like just from a number.

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bazfrag

To those saying Gamerankings: do you actually read the reviews or do you just look at the score and make an instant judgement about whether the game is good or not?

'Cause there's no way you can get a proper representation of what the game is like just from a number.

Silent-Hal
Agreed. but GR are a decent reference.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
That and sometimes sites like Gamespot will get somebody who loves racing games to review a platformer.Of course they are not going to like it that much.Just go looking in the forums.The best reviews are from the Community and once you get to play it your own.Alot of games get lows scores and they end up being really good.The there are games that get High scores like COD4 but in the end sure it has a some fun multiplayer but the singleplayer is dull and not to innovative.See that was my personal opinion on the game.Not falling into hype like alot of reviewers.
Lord_Kantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Lord_Kantor
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

Definitely IGN. Once you get your eyes past the hideous design, you see a well-written 5 page review with a proper analysis, scores given in increments of 0.1, and justification of those scores.

I remember when all review sites were like this.

lesner87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lesner87
Member since 2004 • 2441 Posts
IGN ALL THE WAY ....