Best PS3 shooters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreenMagic469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GreenMagic469
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

What, in your opinion, are some of the best first person shooters available on the PS3? Particularly, what are some of the best lesser known or exclusive ones?

For me, it's a toss up. Many people will probably pick Killzone 2, but I've always been a fan of Killzone 3. Say what you will about the blood red loading screens and the lack of server rooms, Killzone 3 has great gameplay, amazing graphics (probably the best that the PS3 has ever and will ever produce), well designed maps, awesome guns, and lots of subtle improvements over the original, particularly in the control scheme department. I also like how they gave the game a ton of different environments, like jungles, icy mountains and even space, rather than just the cityscapes of past games. To me, it just feels like a more well-rounded, well presented package.

However, on the flip side, there's the Resistance series. I wasn't at all impressed by RFOM, but Resistance 2 was quite good, especially in multiplayer, and Resistance 3 felt very tight, responsive and fun to play.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@greenmagic469: I enjoy the single player Resistance games. Especially 2. Never got to try the online.

GreenMagic469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenMagic469
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@jcrame10:

I tried it a few times over the years, I never really got into it because I mostly play singleplayer, but it was quite good, on par with some of the Halo games IMO. But yeah, the singleplayer in the last two is great, R2 is probably the best single player FPS on PS3.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

killzone 2

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

The Resistance series, Killzone 2 and 3

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Definitely Killzone 2, KZ3 took a big step back by trying to imitate CoD style.