best ps3 game to get right now??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thug9cole
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

if you could choose one game right now out of the good games for ps3 what would u guys pick im thinking about fallout 3 or resistance 2 i really liked part 1 but im a little nervous i didnt like oblivion..

. and is the framerate good on ps3 for fallout?  any other games u guys might recommend ... i think in the end ill get fallout just because im so curious it looks good theres so much crap u can do and i just got done beating bioshock so im kinda burnt out on fps right now what do u guys think

me89me89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 me89me89
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts
Burnt out on FPS? Then why would you even think about buying Fallout 3. It is a FPS. Sure you can play it in 3rd- person but that would look bad and you wouldn't get to use vats.
rolltide101x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rolltide101x
Member since 2007 • 580 Posts

resistance 2

fallout 3 when they fix freezing prob

resistance 1

COD 5

thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thug9cole
freezing froblem? =( ive beat resistance part 1 but it was real linear... i was really drawn in by the story of bioshock and i figured maybe fallout would do that too..
Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

little big planet!

is only getting better atm with new additions of network levels addded by other uses.

ortherwise resistance 2 

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Lately, LBP's been hot on everyone's list.

I haven't gotten around to find time to really play it and I chose it over Resistance 2, so I don't know about R2. So I'd say Fallout 3, it's been great so far for me.

I still think MGS4 is the game to get if you don't have it yet. 

thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thug9cole

i agree but got the special edition of mgs4 already :) great game fav so far  lbp not really my thing i dont know why..

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Burnt out on FPS? Then why would you even think about buying Fallout 3. It is a FPS. Sure you can play it in 3rd- person but that would look bad and you wouldn't get to use vats.me89me89
You obviously have not played Fallout 3. Its not an fps. Its a hybrid rpg.......
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thug9cole
thats what i was thinking but i havent played it myself so i wasn't gonna comment like that heh.. it looks really intresting i want it bad but i really want to see what issues pop up with it and freezing is not cool at all.. whats the framerate like?? like i had oblivion on 360 and it was too slow for me loading everywhere... so i got it on ps3 and it made it more playable is this game like that plays better on the ps3 or at least doesn't load a million times while your walking around?
PainGivingLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PainGivingLink
Member since 2006 • 1316 Posts
I don't know how much help I can be because I only have 3 games, but MGS4 is an amazing game. Absolutely fantastic, must-own for all PS3 owners in my opinion.
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thug9cole
I don't know how much help I can be because I only have 3 games, but MGS4 is an amazing game. Absolutely fantastic, must-own for all PS3 owners in my opinion.PainGivingLink
agreed already got that one man :)
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Resistance 2 is actually a good choice, I recently got it, and at first it was a big "meh" but after the first two levels the resistance action kicks in and you fall in love with it all over again...I mean, hell, in resistance fom, the true fun didnt start til level 8+! lol
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thug9cole

i ended up getting fallout 3 theres alot of people on craigslist who want to trade for it including people with resistance 2 figured if I didn't like it then I could trade it out for resistance 2..

the game is pretty badass but im only a hour in :)

anyways after im bored with it i'll trade it for resistance 2 just thought i'd share that idea with people pondering which one to get heh.. ya i was kinda like but i already played resistance heh but i still wanted to play part 2 just need more money!!

thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thug9cole
lol ive found myself in this game going back and reloading to see what happens if i do diffent things one bad bad bad flaw is that it froze once already and this is my first playthough with under 10 loads... pretty sad but i can look past the flaws its pretty fun
Blinkensnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blinkensnout
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
IMO it would have to be COD WAW. FANTASTIC!!!!! :D
sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
Resistance all the way !
voltzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 voltzila
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
MGS4, Little Big Planet, R2, or Motor Storm Pacific Rift. Take your pick.
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts
If i could only choose one... Little Big Planet, i think it has the most Replayibilty besides MGS4, which i cant get...M
Avatar image for thirteen_zombie
thirteen_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 thirteen_zombie
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
Well if your're burnt out of FPS, I would not get R2, its a FPS, Fallout 3 is a great RPG. Theres alot to do in the world and all sorts of fun stuff to jazz up your character and weapons. My vote says you need Fallout3. When you do feel like a good FPS again, get COD w.a.w, dont listen to those jerk faced terd burgalers that say its not worth it.
N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts
Since you got MGS4 I would recommend Resistance 2. The single player campaign is terrific and the multiplayer is totally AWESOME ! :)
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thug9cole
fallout 3 is what oblivion should of been i would of played it alot more if the load times were close to the same lol ya i think resistance or that new cod will be my next pick i liked call of duty 2 (the one that came out at launch of 360) and i would like to revisit a game like that
Dlerious590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dlerious590
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It would have to be Resistance 2 at the moment, however it will be Gran Turismo 5 when it eventually comes out

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
MGS4 if already bought LBP
byrdcjb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 byrdcjb100
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Little big planet BY FAR

Blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blazerx9x
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, GTAIV, umm, thats all I can think of.
matty880

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 matty880
call of duty 5
BigBoss126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 BigBoss126

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Definitely

13thGuards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 13thGuards
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts
Fallout 3 is great: people complain about it having technical issues, but there hasn't been a single glitch the entire time I've played mine. Resistance 2 was ok as a game, but the ending absolutely sucked. Also, you should give Valkyria Chronicles a shot, I simply can't stop playing that one.
Wardrift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wardrift
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
Wait for the 60GB SKU to have a price cut, which will definitely drop by next year when God of War 3 and Infamous are released. Those games will be the main reason why many people will finally purchase a PS3. In the meantime, with titanic titles like Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Fables 2, SSB, Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Warioware, among others, it is a wiser investment for the time being to purchase the inexpensive Wii and Xbox 360. Sony will definitely bounce back, but not till there is more incentive in high-profile games which actually have a chance to compete with Microsoft's and Nintendo's triple A titles.
Ermachko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ermachko
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
Valkyria Chronicle!!
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Wait for the 60GB SKU to have a price cut, which will definitely drop by next year when God of War 3 and Infamous are released. Those games will be the main reason why many people will finally purchase a PS3. In the meantime, with titanic titles like Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Fables 2, SSB, Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Warioware, among others, it is a wiser investment for the time being to purchase the inexpensive Wii and Xbox 360. Sony will definitely bounce back, but not till there is more incentive in high-profile games which actually have a chance to compete with Microsoft's and Nintendo's triple A titles.Wardrift

Very much disagree, those words could had hold some sense over a year ago but even in that case Halo3 was the only one available.

There are many great games to enjoy on PS3: Vakyria Chronicles, Resistance 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Uncharted, Motorstorm 2 - amongst others. It's also a matter of opinion which games will drive people to buy console for, I know more then few friends who personally don't like god of war, this is a Japanese console, PlayStation market is wide and the least game genre it represents is FPS. Though, that's a hard one to prove this generation so far. ;(

PS3 is more then just a gaming machine and it has plenty of excellent games to play on. Neither Wii nor Xbox360 justifies 399$ PS3 bundle from money value.  

OP: Fallout 3 runs very smooth on PS3, no need to worry about it. I have over 40 hours into the game and haven't experienced problems with it. The so-called freezing issues is basically 2-3 seconds game freeze whenever your friend shows online and you get a notification. You can either disconnect from online or just turn off friends notifications option in XMB menu for the time being. I do agree that it shouldn't had been there, but it's far, far from major problem that will take your experience away from the game, especially since you can quickly fix it.

Personally, I recommend you Little Big Planet, there really isn't anything like it and it's very fun. ;) 

Emiazigos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Emiazigos
LBP, definitively! :D
knight-raze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 knight-raze

Little big planet is awsome. At first i thought it wasnt a game for me either, because i usually dont like that kind of games, but i bought it because my little brother kept teelling me it was a great game so i bought it and if i didnt like it i could trade but its really fun. Its an endless game, and online you see levels looking like for example: mirrors edge. its a really great game! :)

null_is_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 null_is_zero
Member since 2008 • 614 Posts

MGS4 if already bought LBP417alum

but he said he already got MGS4. I'd recommend Resistance 2 if you have access to online multiplayer because the multiplayer mode is the best in any FPS game and it's lags free.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts
resistance 2 or LBP
-HeaveR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -HeaveR-
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

Get dead space im now into chapter 3 and its amazing. But not for people that can't take a scare I jumped quite a few times already but its a really good game.

Bioshock if you've not played it before cant go wrong here if you're into FPS. Fallout 3 is great 2 can be a little overwhelming at first but it really is cool when you get into it as for the bugs, its overexagerated have only experienced one or two being stuck stuff like that nothing that bad! But no DLC as always the ps3 gamer gets screwed!....

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

[QUOTE="Wardrift"]OP: Fallout 3 runs very smooth on PS3, no need to worry about it. I have over 40 hours into the game and haven't experienced problems with it. The so-called freezing issues is basically 2-3 seconds game freeze whenever your friend shows online and you get a notification. You can either disconnect from online or just turn off friends notifications option in XMB menu for the time being. I do agree that it shouldn't had been there, but it's far, far from major problem that will take your experience away from the game, especially since you can quickly fix it.

Personally, I recommend you Little Big Planet, there really isn't anything like it and it's very fun. ;) 

Sokol4ever

You see I remember reading about that the day before I picked up my Fallout 3 and I haven't even experienced any problems with freezing even when my friends came online. However once I have this massive essay finished I am going back to fall out 3 in a heart beat.

Also I think Bioshock on PS3 looks amazing with a HDTV, personally I think it's better looking than the Xbox version.

Anyway other games I would say get even thought it's a bit short in places Dead Space is one of the best games I have picked up this year (sure you have GTA 4, MGS 4 and after a quick go at LBP i can see why people Where/Was/Are raving about it) GT5: Prolouge and I have been pretty impressed with the last Silent Hill game.

However for me this weekend it's all about Resistance 2. 

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

id recommend fallout3 for sure (imo one of the best game ever, even better then MGS4 & GTA4 , i cannot compare different game genres of course , just judging the just the fun i had playing it and its also pretty long if you do sidequest or even play 2 games as good and bad character at the same time like me ) , also saints row II was a cool game , and soulcalibur4 if u want a good battle offline with friends

in fallout3 - i really had like a total 4 freezes , during like 50 hours playing and it makes always autosaves so its not as bad as some people say , midnightclub frozen far more often

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
My fav PS3 game to date is Uncharted. Awesome graphics, great story & perfectly balanced gameplay! Underrated!
Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
I like Resistance 2, However I liked Resistance 1 because there was better Split-Screen. I get bored easily with RPGs so I only got 1/8th of the way thru Oblivion. So I am skipping Fallout because I find RPGs to be too much like a Job. Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty World at War (Call of Duty 5) are both excellent. My Personal Favorite is Little Big Planet. I normally don't like Platformers that much to boot... But Little Big Planet is excellent for playing with up to 4 people on the Same System, for those with "Real Friends" and not Just "Online Friends" Plus the Level Editing is REALLLLLY cool. I've made a couple Star Wars Levels with Walking AT-ATs, Turrets that Shoot Exploding Laser Beams. I also made a Working Scoreboard and Clock that I put into a bunch of Sports Levels: Soccer, Hockey, Football, and Basketball. The Level building is really addictive and Fun and The Community Levels are excellent, extending the games Lifetime to infinite... February everything else will Stink. Killzone 2 plays and looks better than any First Person Shooter I have seen to date.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Games you need to play (not particularly in order):
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resistance 2
Fallout 3
Bioshock
LittleBigPlanet

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

MGS4, Wipout HD (only £12 on PSN i think) and burnout would be my choices.

LBP is on my list to buy but with the threat of not having a job at the end of january iv had to start putting a little money on the side that i would usually spend on a few games every month. 

as for fallout if i were you id go for the PC or /sigh the 360 version. i had the PS3 version but sent it back, it really was buggy on my PS3. the other versions are not without there bugs. i went for the game again on the PC. although my PC cant match my consoles graphicaly alot of the bugs can be fixed on the users end on the PC version and there is also the added bonus of mods for the PC that will be user created so no need to pay extra cash for downloadable content. 

Darthdaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Darthdaver
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
rresistance 2
thug9cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thug9cole
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune looks like it must be intresting i keep hearing people talk about that game.. resistance and dead space look great too.. i got my game guys i bought fallout 3 but im pissed about the dlc bs but whats new...