Best Playstation 3 Bluetooth Headset?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KidKupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 KidKupo
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts

Hey guys!

Looking to buy my first headset. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on different things. I have my sights on two headsets.

1. Official Sony Playstation 3 Headset. Retail $50.00, best price found, $31.98

2. Plantronics Voyager 510 Headset. Retail $99.99, best price found, $27.99 OEM

I think the Official Sony Playstation 3 headset is the vest looking. Looks extremely light weight. has pretty good reviews on amazon, 80 total.

Then the Plantronics is much higher priced and has nearly 3,000 reviews on amazon. Looks like it might be heavy though. Not as good looking as the PS3 one but the sound quality and stuff is supose to be the best. Doesn't come with original retail package to save shipping, but its new sealed packaging.

Thoughts?

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I think the official PS3 one would be better.. thats the one i want to get someday, right now im just using a regular blutooth that came with my phone :P
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
Some notes on the headset. Cheaper to buy the socom bundle and then trade in socom. On top of that the headset is pretty lightweight, but it isn't for all ears, it can make some(like me) have sharp pain in the ear after a while of playing. The battery life is above average and the sound quality pretty damn good. When playing online, you can tell who's using a PS3 mic and who isn't, the clarity is that good.
KidKupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KidKupo

Some notes on the headset. Cheaper to buy the socom bundle and then trade in socom. On top of that the headset is pretty lightweight, but it isn't for all ears, it can make some(like me) have sharp pain in the ear after a while of playing. The battery life is above average and the sound quality pretty damn good. When playing online, you can tell who's using a PS3 mic and who isn't, the clarity is that good.robmonga2

Nice tip! How much is the socom bundle and how much does the game sell for? Would i trade it in at like gamestop? Does it come with the charger and whatnot?

Thanks!

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
Yep, you get the dock and usb cable to charge it. In canada the bundle went for 39.99, and socom for me( I did this 3-4 months ago) traded in for just under $20 I think. So I got the thing for 31, on top of that I traded in another game and ended up paying about 10 bucks for the headset. I did this at EB, which is the same as gamestop so it should work. Looking back at your original post, 31 is pretty damn good though. Not sure how much the socom bundle goes for in the states.
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Trade-in value for SOCOM Confrontation is like $3 here in the States. Call any Gamestop. It's an absolute joke.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
the official sony headset is the best
Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

Trade-in value for SOCOM Confrontation is like $3 here in the States. Call any Gamestop. It's an absolute joke.

knicknut17

there was like 16 socom boxes at gamestop today when i went in to check whats out

Perjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Perjury
Member since 2009 • 343 Posts

I have the official sony headset, it is very annoying to my ear to the point that I can't use it also if you have glasses forget about it.

I have a lodigitec one I like that wraps around your head allowing you to wear your glasses and doesn't bother my ear.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
I think the official PS3 one would be better.. thats the one i want to get someday, right now im just using a regular blutooth that came with my phone :PTony2519
Same here and it works fine. I just hate getting into a game of KZ2 and there are 2 others on mic. So weak.
Maikedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maikedi
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

i have this one and its a fine headset..besides, its totally awesome:P

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

Official Sony Blu-tooth is the best IMO.

It comes in a bundle with Socom, which is a good game now with the patches

When you place it on the charging dock, it can still be used like a speaker phone

The battery life is great

Sound quality is great

You can sync it once by plugging the USB straight into the headset and it will display the battery life on screen, and you never have to sync it again

It works with most other devices too

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I would go for the official one, easily the best of the bunch

KidKupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KidKupo

I bought Socom bundle with the headset new on amazon for $48.95. Can't wait to get it!

Also, I noticed the PS3 forums has moe posts than Xbox 360 now, t-hehe. PS3 ftw!

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony2519"]I think the official PS3 one would be better.. thats the one i want to get someday, right now im just using a regular blutooth that came with my phone :Pcainetao11
Same here and it works fine. I just hate getting into a game of KZ2 and there are 2 others on mic. So weak.

ya, but sometimes I'll get lucky and there will be a match with lots of ppl with mics
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

i think the official one will be better.. but if you can get the other one for a cheaper price then i would get it