Best Horror Games for PS3?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by testament1 (334 posts) -

Gonna be picking up a PS3 in about two weeks, and I need some recommendations for Horror games. My wife and I like to play those together, like Resident Evil and such...so we're looking for some to play through together. Not necessarily multiplayer, just something we can enjoy together.

#2 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
Condemned 2 does horror quite well. The first one does too, but I don't know if it's available on the PS3.
#3 Posted by darksidecelica (348 posts) -

altho not exclusive to ps3, I like me some dead space. Condemned 2 is also a good choice

#4 Posted by xsynth (864 posts) -
Dead Space is quite good. Check out Forbidden Siren too. It's more of a 'hide and sneak' horror.
#5 Posted by jasonharris48 (21441 posts) -

Siren Blood Curse, Condemned 1, Dead Space. I would avoid Silent Hill Homecoming personally.

#6 Posted by 2Chalupas (6685 posts) -
Dead Space. Resident Evil 5 An under the radar choice might be Saw. It didn't get great reviews, and you can tell it was a bit low budget. But if you can get it cheap it should keep you entertained for one good solid playthrough (I.e. try to get it for like $15 or less). One caveat, you better like puzzles to enjoy this game.
#7 Posted by xsynth (864 posts) -
Resident Evil 5 2Chalupas
If you're looking for horror, this probably won't fit the bill. RE has gone action over horror
Avatar image for deactivated-5aa0fbe3ee7f4
#8 Posted by deactivated-5aa0fbe3ee7f4 (302 posts) -

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]Resident Evil 5 xsynth
If you're looking for horror, this probably won't fit the bill. RE has gone action over horror

Agreed, though it's still fun to play, especially co-op with a friend. It does provide a lot of background information about the RE universe (which I should read one day).

Dead Space, while not exclusive to the PS3, is IMO the best horror game of this generation.

#9 Posted by Airek49 (1081 posts) -
Condemned 2 Dead Space Grab those and you won't regret it! Not only good for a scare, but overall good games as well.
#10 Posted by CTR360 (8527 posts) -
dead space silent hill home coming
#11 Posted by -Hoax- (5331 posts) -
The closet thing to a horror this gen is Siren Blood Curse. Dead Space will make you jump once or mayb twice but it isnt scary. And Resident Evil 5 is an action game now but has offline/online co-op
#13 Posted by Melpoe (3635 posts) -

Deadspace, that or RE5 for the co-op.

#14 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6959 posts) -

I recommend Dead Space, Condemned 2, Silent Hill: Homecoming and FEAR 2

#15 Posted by Happy-Screamer (467 posts) -

The F.E.A.R games, Condemned 2 and Deadspace. I still want a really good horror to come out on this generation.

#16 Posted by xilitos (25 posts) -
Dead Space or F.E.A.R games
#17 Posted by Keir21 (5918 posts) -
Siren is the scariest game this gen. Then Condemned 2, then Dead Space.
#18 Posted by micheal9000 (48 posts) -

Gonna be picking up a PS3 in about two weeks, and I need some recommendations for Horror games. My wife and I like to play those together, like Resident Evil and such...so we're looking for some to play through together. Not necessarily multiplayer, just something we can enjoy together.

testament1
condemned 2/ siren blood curse/ dead space/
#19 Posted by realistic44 (8056 posts) -

Dead Space, Siren blood curse, Condemned 2

#20 Posted by KillaSkep (25 posts) -
Bioshock 1 and 2, dead space 1 and 2.
#21 Posted by MC-Reap (595 posts) -

The F.E.A.R games, Condemned 2 and Deadspace. I still want a really good horror to come out on this generation.

Happy-Screamer
I'm going to recommend this to you but not the OP because I know he requested PS3 only, but there was a terrifically horrifying game that came out a couple years ago and many consider it one of the scariest video games made to date, it's just for PC. Alas, the game is called Amnesia: The Dark Descent. So if anyone here plays PC games too and you love horror, CHECK IT OUT!
#22 Posted by csadhoo (1462 posts) -

Siren, Silent Hill Homecoming, isn't there a Silent Hill HD collection coming out soon? Or am I imagining things? Dead Space (must play in dakr withs urround sound for full effect)

#23 Posted by MC-Reap (595 posts) -

Siren, Silent Hill Homecoming, isn't there a Silent Hill HD collection coming out soon? Or am I imagining things? Dead Space (must play in dakr withs urround sound for full effect)

csadhoo
No I believe there is, supposed to come out early 2012 last time I heard. Like, January early.
#24 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -
[QUOTE="csadhoo"]

MC-Reap
No I believe there is, supposed to come out early 2012 last time I heard. Like, January early.

Wait for Silent Hill Downpour, it's a 3d horror game, can't wait to see what it will be like in 3d.
#25 Posted by sukraj (27501 posts) -

Dead Island

Condemned

Fear

#26 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

testament1

i heard many good feedbacks for SIREN BLOOD CURSE , didnt play it though so i cant tell for myself if its really that good

#27 Posted by slimdave21 (2646 posts) -
Put "The Darkness II" on your wishlist. It's coming out next year on February 7th and is going to be amazing.
#28 Posted by Qurb (68 posts) -

The only horror game I've played that I found creepy and pretty scary was Dead Space, not so much Dead Space 2.

#29 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

"Condemned II: Bloodshot" with a set of headphones is a GREAT game, in fact, play ANY horror game with 'phones on... "Dead Space" surprised me with it's quality of scares (I'm not easily rattled), "Siren: Blood Curse" is remarkable and much inmproved from the PS2 title, I'm also a fan of "Alone in the Dark: Inferno".

#30 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
dead space dead space 2 condemned 2 resident evil 5 isnt really horror even though it tries to be.
#31 Posted by MC-Reap (595 posts) -

"Condemned II: Bloodshot" with a set of headphones is a GREAT game, in fact, play ANY horror game with 'phones on... "Dead Space" surprised me with it's quality of scares (I'm not easily rattled), "Siren: Blood Curse" is remarkable and much inmproved from the PS2 title, I'm also a fan of "Alone in the Dark: Inferno".

MonkeySpot
I think you and I like basically all of the same games....I've never seen you post about one I didn't like :P
#32 Posted by CTR360 (8527 posts) -
dead space1&2 silent hill home coming
#33 Posted by ShangTsung17 (839 posts) -

dead space 1 an 2.

#34 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MC-Reap

I think you and I like basically all of the same games....I've never seen you post about one I didn't like :P

Indeed, Reap!A good game tends to attract quality gamers!

:D

#35 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Dead Space 2 gives you some scares and it's a brilliant game.

#36 Posted by GAMEFROG1 (25 posts) -

I love horror style games. I'd say trying the following : resident evil 4, resistance 2-3 (fps) killzone 2-3 (fps) these fps have some good gore in them . and good game campaine as well. also try fear !!!

#37 Posted by yayio (221 posts) -

fear 3, wasnt very scary, but it had its moments and it's one of the best split screens games I've played.

#38 Posted by metalgrinch (455 posts) -

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are some of the scariest games ever! So the fact that they are now available together in an HD restoration collection is amazing!! I would def recommend those, but hear that SH:Homecoming isn't as good, but I'm sure it's still got its scary moments.

Resident Evil 5 isn't really that scary per se, but is a great action game with horror ELEMENTS, even though I would just label it as a very gory action game.

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are also great choices. While I wasn't as scared playing Dead Space as I was playing the Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube, I still had a good time.

#39 Posted by Demonfail (233 posts) -

Dead Space is one of the games I've played that actually scared me to a point. Dark atmosphere, things at random moments, the use of sounds, it is honestly one game that would fit the bill.

#40 Posted by GreySun369 (226 posts) -

Siren Blood Curse is a really good horror game, if you live in the US it's probably a good idea to import it from the UK because here in the US it's censored and only available as a download. I don't know about you but I perfer my games to be uncensored and on disc. ;) You can also import it from Hong Kong under the title Siren New Translation where it's available in English, that's where my copy came from.

Also the Yakuza games are coming out with a new game in March called Yakuza: Dead Souls which is about zombies. It's part of that new fad where companies take games that aren't normally about zombies and put zombies in them. It actually looks kind of scary to me, so you might like it.

Edit: Also the best thing about PS3 games is that they aren't region protected you so can import them from other countries and play them on your PS3.

#41 Posted by Menalque2 (2630 posts) -

Get Fit with Mel B.

You need to have PlayStation Move for it though.

#42 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

March brings 2 great releases in the horror genre, get these 2 games below

v

v

#43 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10054 posts) -
Dead Space 2. Everybody MUST play that game.
#44 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10054 posts) -
[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

v

v

You just made me cover my keyboard in drool lol
#45 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

v

v

ShadowsDemon

haha yes that news has that effect on some people, me included :)

#46 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10054 posts) -
[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

v

v

So few people are getting the games...or are even interested in them. :(
#47 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] You just made me cover my keyboard in drool lolShadowsDemon

True with another year of big names titles being released and the way the last few Silent Hill games have been received I kinda understand why people aren't that enthusiastic about this new game but its looking great, real creepy atmosphere in quite a big area. The gameplay vids that I've seen have me hooked and I'm not even a big Silent Hill fan, I've only ever played the first one so am really REALLY looking forward to the HD collection where I can play 2 and 3 both regarded as classics in their own right.

#48 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Siren Blood Curse is a really good horror game, if you live in the US it's probably a good idea to import it from the UK because here in the US it's censored and only available as a download. I don't know about you but I perfer my games to be uncensored and on disc. ;) You can also import it from Hong Kong under the title Siren New Translation where it's available in English, that's where my copy came from.

Also the Yakuza games are coming out with a new game in March called Yakuza: Dead Souls which is about zombies. It's part of that new fad where companies take games that aren't normally about zombies and put zombies in them. It actually looks kind of scary to me, so you might like it.

Edit: Also the best thing about PS3 games is that they aren't region protected you so can import them from other countries and play them on your PS3.

GreySun369

Good advice, GreySun. I've heard this before... What has been removed, do you or anyone else know? The download chapters are really great gaming, but I always like to know the options/ reasons as to why this sort of thing happens in a country that commits horrible attrocities domestically & internationally on an almost daily basis...

Thanks!

:)

#49 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10054 posts) -
[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="187umKILLAH"] haha yes that news has that effect on some people, me included :)

True with another year of big names titles being released and the way the last few Silent Hill games have been received I kinda understand why people aren't that enthusiastic about this new game but its looking great, real creepy atmosphere in quite a big area. The gameplay vids that I've seen have me hooked and I'm not even a big Silent Hill fan, I've only ever played the first one so am really REALLY looking forward to the HD collection where I can play 2 and 3 both regarded as classics in their own right.

I'm not a massive SH fan either, but I want to play both of 'em.
Avatar image for strategik_basic
#50 Posted by strategik_basic (364 posts) -

On the PS3 I've only played Dead Space 2 and it is chocked full of awesome.