Best Buy trade in program

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sh1vers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sh1vers
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

Anyone ever used it before? I just sent out killzone 3 and dead space 2, getting $60 in return (hopefully -_-) in 2-3 weeks. Ive used the amazon trade in store before but never best buys. BB's quotes on games are much higher than anywhere else, $30 for each of those titles is unfindable.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Wait, so you send out your games and then wait for them to send you money? No thanks.. Best Buy knows nothing about customer service and i could see a lot of people not getting their money only to be told "oh well".
gallienb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gallienb
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

if you are so worried about them not sending you your gift cards, you can do the trade in at most best buy stores as well. I work at a best buy (and might add i give great customer services thank you) and we do trade ins all the time at my store. Also on most cases we give out more money then gamestop. Plus there is an Ipod/Iphone app so you can look up trade in prices before you go to a store or website. Just saying most people dont know much about Best buy trade in. I tell people all the time at work and even with the big signs around the store people seem to be suprised that we do trade-ins. Also you dont have to buy games with your trade in. You get a gift card for anything in the store.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I've never sent in my trades to Best Buy, but I have traded in at the Customer Service counter in store and have never had a problem with it. I've never had a problem with BB standing behind their products so I think you should be fine as long as it doesn't get lost in the mail. The USPS...now that's a different story all together.

StargamerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 StargamerX
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

I did the same thing a year ago where I sent in about 10 games, got my gift card a few weeks later. BestBuy had the best offer on all the games I was trading, by abut $5 more a game. No problems with it, but I have heard more stores have trading in-store now.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#6 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Best Buy is the only place I do trade ins, but I've never done it online. Always in the store. Whenever Best Buy has a trade in deal, it's always 2 games for 1 that's recent. When EB Games/GameStop has the deals, it's 3 games for 1. The eligible games are always the same list too. BB is way better to trade in.
bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Wait, so you send out your games and then wait for them to send you money? No thanks.. Best Buy knows nothing about customer service and i could see a lot of people not getting their money only to be told "oh well".Rattlesnake_8

Every experience I have had with Best Buy has been nothing but excellent customer service.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Wait, so you send out your games and then wait for them to send you money? No thanks.. Best Buy knows nothing about customer service and i could see a lot of people not getting their money only to be told "oh well".Rattlesnake_8

That's the way it works with Amazon. Send them your games then in about a week you get credited for gift cards. I think Best Buy probably mails you a physical gift card back, so you have to wait for shipping both ways. For me that's a dealkiller. I have no idea what shipping they use either, but amazon uses UPS with full tracking, if Best Buy used "standard mail" that's another deal killer.

moondoggey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 moondoggey
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

do you have to have the boxes and the books to do this

sh1vers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sh1vers
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts

you can package it however u like and the program uses usps and ups. i went with ups because well... i trust it and u get full tracking.

bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

If I went to a store, would I get the same prices as listed online? Does every store accept every game that can be traded in online? Also, would I go to the customer service center to trade games in?

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

I used them once and had no problems with them. I didnt send them my games tho, i toke them to the store and got the 60 dollar gift card right there. I will use them again thats for sure. They give u more for ur trades then gamestop does.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

yeah, pretty much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 29111
Member since 2008 • 327 Posts

I traded in at the store, than used the gift card online to get some used games (got $35 for Dead Rising 2). At the time their used prices were about $10 cheaper than gamespots. I got MAG and Assassins Creed 2 for $9 each. now they are closer to $20 each, but I keep my eyes open here and there for a steal.