Batman Arkham Asylum

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts

Grade this game for me because i might get it and please explain in detalis.

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IamBEASTMODE
Member since 2010 • 538 Posts

Citrus25
Grade: A+ Very good game, worth the money - great graphics, great gameplay style, great combat mechanics and gadgets that really make you feel as though you are Batman....though it's not very long story lasts about 15Hrs max but i probably played it for over 30, the challenge modes were a lot of fun - i suggest watching a review on it if you want to see more
Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

[QUOTE="Citrus25"]

IamBEASTMODE

Grade: A+ Very good game, worth the money - great graphics, great gameplay style, great combat mechanics and gadgets that really make you feel as though you are Batman....though it's not very long story lasts about 15Hrs max but i probably played it for over 30, the challenge modes were a lot of fun - i suggest watching a review on it if you want to see more

Agreed, except the only challenge mode I really liked was the stealth ones, combat was fun, but I liked doing stealth and thinking of new ways to take down this guy, or tat guy. The Joker was funny to use, but he needed to be worked on more, because he is no where near batman in skill or anything. It was just fun to play as him

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
Does it have any replay value or just beat it once and throw away the game in garbage?
Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Does it have any replay value or just beat it once and throw away the game in garbage?Citrus25
I sold it once I beat it, but the challnge mode adds some fun to it after you beat it, but all and all, truly no. Unless you want to go back and find all the Riddler trophys, and the hidden Villian refrences within the game

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Does it have any replay value or just beat it once and throw away the game in garbage?Citrus25
i've platinumed the game and beat it like five extra times... it's really fun. but i am a big batman fan so that is definitely a large contributing factor.. But honestly I would trust website reviews more than user reviews.. Check out, www.giantbomb.com , www.joystiq.com , www.1up.com . etc for reviews.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2595 Posts
A very good game, definitely worth it, especialy now as its cheap. Great graphics, awesome gameplay, and Joker"s comments. Plus its rather long for today"s standards.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

[QUOTE="IamBEASTMODE"][QUOTE="Citrus25"]

Brawler-Dude

Agreed, except the only challenge mode I really liked was the stealth ones, combat was fun, but I liked doing stealth and thinking of new ways to take down this guy, or tat guy. The Joker was funny to use, but he needed to be worked on more, because he is no where near batman in skill or anything. It was just fun to play as him

yeah agreed with both posts.. really enjoyed the stealth, combat ones weren't my thing...
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I personally love the game. Some people say it really has no replay value but the game itself is so much fun I went through it a bunch of times. I personally think it's one of the very few games this gen that has tons of replay value just for the sake of playing the game through again.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Excellent game, I'd rate it about an A- (the minus comes from the lack of replayability once you beat it and find the collectibles). Definitely worth the purchase, especially now that you can get it cheaper or used.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm a Batman fan, and i liked the game, but I would give it a B, honestly. It's like a Splinter Cell mod, in my opinion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

It's a sweet game. Great graphics, nice combat system and awesome weapons/devices. It has a nice mixture of stealth and beat em up in an impressive story.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Ones of the best games of this generation imo.

OmenIWF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 OmenIWF
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts

A+

As someone already said this you do feel as if your playing the character of Batman because of not just the gadgets, but the way the game play. Also I really do consider this to be one of, if not THE best super hero related games, and is certainly worth buying especially ahead of Batman: Arkham City's release(hopefully) later in the year.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7568 Posts

Citrus25
B+. It felt a little repetitive after a while imo. Find Joker, Joker escapes again, follow a trail, fight bad guys, Boss Fight, repeat. Its still a great game though and I enjoyed it for the most part
NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

It's a fantastic game, even if you don't paticularly like Batman.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="Citrus25"]

gmaster456

B+. It felt a little repetitive after a while imo. Find Joker, Joker escapes again, follow a trail, fight bad guys, Boss Fight, repeat. Its still a great game though and I enjoyed it for the most part

Total Agreement.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 21963 Posts

B+

first day i got it i couldnt put it down... but then after all i kept thinking was...wow im going to have to crawl through all these hallways for another 9 hours...i dont even like batman that much...screw it...

however if you like batman and stuff im sure youll love it.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Treat yourself and get it ASAP.;)

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#20 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

its a good game. new one comes out this year though

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16665 Posts
I picked it up form Steam on the PC last year for like $10 because I was always interested and would easily pay the full $60 for it. It is a great game all around and if you like to get everything it has alot of hidden items. Also it goes very deep into Batmans past with side charter info and such that truely adds a whole new element to the fun fo this game.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
fantastic game
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

I think it's great, but the replay value is zilch. Well, then again, most games have zero replay value, anyway.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#24 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

A- excellent game but the bosses and combat is lacking. Other than that its got alot of different gameplay styles.

pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
A- great game but the only thing that really detracts from it were that the boss battles were to easy IMO. I personally found Poison Ivy to be the hardest boss battle
masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

A

(+)AMAZING graphics

(+)Perfect length +Gameplay in both combat and stealth is perfect

(+)Has perfect tone for the "dark knight"

(+)Each new feature refreshes the moment

(-)Typical cornry batman stuff (it's not cheesy though, it's just like a typical batman cartoon, well that good one, before batman of the future)

(-)The riddles in the game, while meant to give you a "seek them all" challenge, kills it's self because one of the objects you need is a map to find the rest

(-)Using the bat-vision thingie hides the beautiful graphics and you'll be using this alot

Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

A+ Very solid game. It is my second favorite super hero game(infamous being the first).

xXxQuizzyxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xXxQuizzyxXx
Member since 2010 • 553 Posts
one of the best games thos gen. and the sequel comes out later this year, perfect time to get it
1bsmrsmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#29 1bsmrsmd
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Yes guys, A second title of this sequel will be released later this year, the suggested release date is October however as you know this is subject to change.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

SPOILER**

My biggest issue with this game is that the boss battles were weak and lame. Bane felt like recycled character, Killer Croc gets defeated by batarang?, Scarecrow felt like a stage, you really don't fight Harley Quinn and the final joker battle was really bad considering that you expect some epic battle but you really just fight his foot soldiers and punch him. I know I wasn't the only person who after the batman punch to joker was thinking "That is it?! What the?". The only boss battle that I enjoyed was Poison Ivy. Don't expect epic god of war boss battles. And the environment and fighting soldiers can feel a little bit repetitive. I wish there were more villian/soldier characters. I guess being stuck in an asylum shouldn't have various or great environments. This is why I sold my game on ebay. It is still a fun and good game but it can still be improved.

If Arkham City improves their boss battles, add more different type of villains and polish up the "arkham city" environment, this upcoming game will be better and be awesome. I think they will improve all that.

OmenIWF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OmenIWF
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts

SPOILER**

My biggest issue with this game is that the boss battles were weak and lame. Bane felt like recycled character, Killer Croc gets defeated by batarang?, Scarecrow felt like a stage, you really don't fight Harley Quinn and the final joker battle was really bad considering that you expect some epic battle but you really just fight his foot soldiers and punch him. I know I wasn't the only person who after the batman punch to joker was thinking "That is it?! What the?". The only boss battle that I enjoyed was Poison Ivy. Don't expect epic god of war boss battles. And the environment and fighting soldiers can feel a little bit repetitive. I wish there were more villian/soldier characters. I guess being stuck in an asylum shouldn't have various or great environments. This is why I sold my game on ebay. It is still a fun and good game but it can still be improved.

If Arkham City improves their boss battles, add more different type of villains and polish up the "arkham city" environment, this upcoming game will be better and be awesome. I think they will improve all that.

BH14

You have some valid points but I have to disagree with you a little in that I found not all boss battles to be that easy, although in fairness the majority of them were. That being said and as you commented, as a game based within a limited location such as Arkham Ayslum it was really good, I think Arkham City though is going to be a entirely different game, depending on just how much of Gotham you will have to explore to aprehend Strange, Joker, Harley, etc and the possibilities it opens up.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2503 Posts

9/10. Game is very thought-provoking and demands use of several techniques in investigating environments and finding clues. Not to mention great action, visuals and boss fights.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

A

Good combat, great visuals, great characters, great universe. All around superb game, tons of fun with lots of replayability.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Let me put it this way, Gamespot RARELY sees it used...what does that tell you? Download the demo if you are unsure...it is great, you won't be disappointed.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Fantastic game for sure. Its a crime to have not picked it up especially at its low low price. :)
lynda25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lynda25
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Citrus25
I will give it Grade A. Batman: Arkham Asylum gameplay. Its an action adventure that builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum. You riddle your way through challenge maps and even take control of the Joker himself in this PlayStation 3 version. These include the likes of The Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, and many more. It also has great gameplay features.
k16campbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k16campbell
Member since 2008 • 660 Posts

A+

Mark Hamill does the voice of the Joker. How could you turn that down? Oh yeah, the rest of the game is epic as well.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#38 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Its propably the best comic book game with a lot of cool characters from the comic-books (im not a Batman expert though :P). The freeflow system is awesome and was later copied by AC: Brotherhood (if you played that). The environment is very dark, which suits the game well. One of the best aspects of the game are Batmans gadgets though, which include the batclaw, batarangs and explosive gel among others. The game does get a little repetitive after a while though.

My rating: 8.5/10

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
A+ I beat the game twice to get platinum and i helped a friend thru it. it was a lot of fun. i got it at launch for $39 so at that price its prob the best bang for buck ive bought.
eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

I just started playing it again today but this time im going to get all the puzzels this game is great having so much fun today :-)

oxidator_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oxidator_o
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
mission structure seemed a lot like bioshock or at least the level design
getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 getyeryayasout  Online
Member since 2005 • 12604 Posts

Awesome game that can be found on the cheap, recommend. I'll point you in the direction of GS own review for the deets.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

easily a 9/10

only issue I had with it was replay value. It didn't take me to long to get the platinum, and there's nothing to do after that except for continuing the challenge rooms, and that gets old after a little while.

everything else was fantastic

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Game is good but not outstanding. I found the overworld a small circular maze. But the stealth and combat was a blast.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
one of this gens best games. and eaasily the best super hero game of all time