This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

Howdy, I am looking for a solid basketball game to buy for the PSP.

I have tried the NBA 07 demo and enjoy it. I was just wondering if the other basketball games, if there are any are better. I am hoping to get some sort of franchise mode and more importantly, a career mode, like found in the current day baseball games.

I don't know if career mode exists, but at the very least I would like a franchise mode. Thank ya'll in advance. 

gameranker319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 gameranker319
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

well i am a basketball fan as well =) But I enjoyed NBA 06 mostly. The game was solid and of course had a career mode, I don't know about franchise though. Anyways it is a solid game imo none the less.

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
NBA Live 06 is the best PSP basketball game by far. Live 07 made the freestyle superstar thing a bit rediculous. NBA 07 and 06 were very mediocre at best.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I play NBA Live 07 ALOT and I enjoy the mini-games.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sparky-05

well i am a basketball fan as well =) But I enjoyed NBA 06 mostly. The game was solid and of course had a career mode, I don't know about franchise though. Anyways it is a solid game imo none the less.

gameranker319

What was the career mode like?

And you refering to the SCEA one not NBA Live correct? 

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

I play NBA Live 07 ALOT and I enjoy the mini-games. oscar530

The mini games are a nice touch. The franchise mode is definitely a great addition as well. However the gameplay is so screwed on it. The Freestyle Superstar got so out of hand that it's so ridiculously easy to score even on the Superstar difficulty level with pretty much any superstar wing such as Lebron or Kobe. I've played the heck out of it just because the rosters are updated and I'm a basketball nut but Live 06 in my opinion was a far better game. 

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#7 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

yep, I recently bought Live 07 and yeah, i agree, the free****superstar moves take away from basketball strategy and more realistic gameplay. I never played 06, but I hear it is better because the free****moves are more limited, so it plays more realistic... while I do disagree with the GS reviews from time to time, in my experience, I find most of them to be very accurate overall. So if you haven't read the reviews for these games yet, I highly reccomend it, along with NBA Live 06

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sparky-05

Okay, I just read all the reviews for NBA games, those being NBA Live 06 and 07 as well as NBA 06 and NBA 07 (SCEA)

None of the mentioned a career mode ... so I'm confused as to whether one exists anywhere ...Â