Bad move on the Ps4 camera?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JayBean21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JayBean21
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Saw the news on the ps4 camera just now and booked marked it: http://bit.ly/12ooULC I am actually kinda happy that sony dropped the camera since I didn't think the Kinect was useful. The extra money saved is definitely something appreciated. Not sure if we will miss on anything super cool though. What do you think?
redman100111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 redman100111
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

I could care less about it. I don't like the kinect and I'm glad Sony didn't follow suit in that department and made it Optional. All I need is my controller. I don't want/need to wave my body around to play a game.

pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

I want the extra money in my pocket rather than add ons which I do not wish to own

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I doubt I would have used it. So I'm glad they decided not to include it... making people buy something they don't want is kind of foolish, especially when it's an optional accessory that's worth $60.
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

Great move overall.

I doubt I would have used it at all anyway. Only bad thing for me is the controller light at the top is now useless but that's no deal breaker at all.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts
Does anyone know any games that will support the camera?
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Gaming is one of the few times when I can sit on my @$$...l'm glad sony made the camera optional.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Taking the lame ass camera out was for the best. There was not 1 single game worth owning for kinect and for the eye. This isn't going to change just because they "upgraded" their camera.
This crap is not needed for games, it's needed for idiots who have to talk online to each other, a niche market to the extreme being forced upon everyone.
I'll take the games, fvck the cameras.
vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts
Does anyone know any games that will support the camera?PS4TrumpsXbox1
Nothing worth mentioning I guess. I just gotta ask what could the light panel at the top of the controller potentially do if used properly? I mean it looks cool but I wanna know what does?
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Yeah, about the only thing I've ever found truly "useful" with motion controls is playing Tiger Woods on Wii, PS3. A mini/sports game collection is a fun little diversion, but I definitely don't need it bundled in for $100 extra. At launch I will definitely be going without a PS Eye. I'm not sure I will even pick one up down the line either, I bought a Move and while it was fine for the few games I played with it (mostly TW Golf) - for the most part it was a wasted purchase.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
If they had included it, making the price $100 more than it is, I probably would have decided to pick up a Wii U instead. So I'm very happy they decided to take it out.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
most people dont care about the camera, and if you want it you can still get it. Its win win for everyone.
bigt503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bigt503
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Motion gaming and all that jazz doesn't interest me, or any of my friends. We'd rather have a system for 100 bucks less. I'm sure it's importnat to some people but nobody that i know 

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I'm glad. I've never had any interest in this motion control.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Fantastic decision by Sony. Motion control gaming has been nothing short of pathetic and cutting out a peripheral which I'd never want to use or even have in my house - while saving me $100 - is great and gives the PS4 a serious advantage over the X1. 

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it was a fantastic decision. makes the price lower which is extremely important, and frankly there have not been any games worthy of having it or the Kinect. make the great games and the adopters will come, don't force it on us with the hope of something decent coming along
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Kinect is great tech - just not for games.  Its media capabilities are really impressive but the investment to get AAA games developed for it generates a very poor ROI.  MS' bet is on Kinect and the multimedia features it can bring to its product.

Sony wasn't going to spend the money to rip-off Kinect pound for pound, saw what kind of things they could do with a camera add-on and have decided it's best presented as a niche product.  It's there if you want it, but they prefer putting their bets on other horses.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Yeah, about the only thing I've ever found truly "useful" with motion controls is playing Tiger Woods on Wii, PS3. A mini/sports game collection is a fun little diversion, but I definitely don't need it bundled in for $100 extra. At launch I will definitely be going without a PS Eye. I'm not sure I will even pick one up down the line either, I bought a Move and while it was fine for the few games I played with it (mostly TW Golf) - for the most part it was a wasted purchase. 2Chalupas

Yeah, my brother's got the Move with his PS3 and all it's been used for is TW golf. None of the launch titles made use of the Eye so I'd rather have the $100 for sure. If someone comes up with a really cool game for it, maybe I'll consider getting one.

I think Sony was utterly brilliant in the way they handled the next gen announcements. They powned Microsoft. They sold a ton more units than they would have I think.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I could care less about it. I don't like the kinect and I'm glad Sony didn't follow suit in that department and made it Optional. All I need is my controller. I don't want/need to wave my body around to play a game.

redman100111

This

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6853 Posts

It was a smart move by Sony. Glad they have a the price advantage. I'll be picking up a PS4 Camera, regardless, for the family to use and enjoy.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Waste of time, money, and investment. I just need a controller.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I LOVE Move and i really, really hope it is supported in a BIG way on PS4. I will buy the camera day one and hope Killzone is compatible with the move controllers.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Nope caue the camera not interest to me and happy Sony made one best move on their ps4 by not including the camera attached to the ps4 system.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I'm glad because this means it is not going to encourage developers to force us to use motion control.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I've had a PS3 for several years now and have never spent the money on a camera or Move.  Obviously I don't want to be forced to buy it now in order to get a PS4.  And all this crap about Kinect being included with every console so developers will be more likely to incorporate it into their core games - that's the last thing I want.  Some stupid motion control crap tacked on for the sole purpose of giving it a reason to exist.  No thank you.

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

i bought the new ps4 camera i heard it has voice commands on it and gesture movements like the kinect i like using it for games and other things like that it would be cool if it would let us be able to turn our system on with it i know its suppose to have 3d in it and face recognation to its not bad for a extra $60

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

It's optional, I personally don't plan to purchase the camera right away, maybe with time and interesting games for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="vpacalypse"][QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"]Does anyone know any games that will support the camera?kingoflife9

Nothing worth mentioning I guess. I just gotta ask what could the light panel at the top of the controller potentially do if used properly? I mean it looks cool but I wanna know what does?

its so if you play a 2 player game, it will switch the screens to which ever side of the room your sitting on.

Or if first person games made a comeback, the ai could know which direction to look.

I'm glad they left it out.  I see nothing about the Kinect that I like and I see nothing for the Move and Eye that I like.  I can always buy it in the future if that changes.

These peripheral and movement controllers always have people imaging how good it will be if it worked well and I agree it could be great.  It has never worked well and I have no reason to believe this year's model will either.

I just hope the crappy sixaxis style control dies off too.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#30 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm glad they dropped it, not a fan of things like that

redog003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 redog003
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
I can only thank Sony so so much for taking out the eye. Easier on the pockets
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
I have the PS3's PS EYE, and I've probably used it like 4x in 3 years. It is nice to have, and it will be a useful device on the PS4, but its something people can live with out.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Im glad sony made it optional. Meaning some people might love the thing and if they do they can buy one. If someone doesnt like it they dont have to purchase it.

Even on its own its still cheaper to buy a ps4 and the camera seperate vs buying an xbox one with the camera included.

It isnt a bad its an option. Options are always good because it allows more variety for people to choose what they want. Forcing people to use something without giving them an option is bad.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I'm glad they didn't force it on us. The money I'm saving not having to buy the camera I can instead put towards the things I actually want, the games.
Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

Unless you want to use the move function on the controller, then I wouldn't bother.

Not a big fan of cameras anyway.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

It was a damn good move IMO.

I could give two shits about the PS eye. Just another gimmick like the share button (which I also feel is worthless to 95% of people).

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

isnt this eye suppose to have voice commands and gesture functions similiar to knect like hand motions not using the controller?

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

redman100111

Lol, one of the many reasons why I have yet to purchase a Wii U.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

It was a damn good move IMO.

I could give two shits about the PS eye. Just another gimmick like the share button (which I also feel is worthless to 95% of people).

Boddicker

That share button is the only clown feature on the PS4 I can think of. A normal select button would have worked wonders.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
I dont like camers nor motion controls so... good move considering made PS4 cheaper as well. A win-win situation for my taste.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I think the reality was always that the camera wasn't going to work for them, plus i don't see what everyone going on about, they never said the camera would be coming with the ps4 in the first place they just showed it with it. 

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I think it speaks to Sony's desire to get the PS4 out to consumers as cheaply as possible, which is an excellent move.  I think it also speaks to the fact that Sony doesn't feel the PS4Eye is an integral component of PlayStation 4 gaming which, while great for most gamers, could mean that PS4Eye won't get a ton of support.

I will buy the PS4Eye because I think sports games like Sports Champions are fun.  I also have to say that, if not for Move, I don't know if I would have finished Heavy Rain.  I hated playing that game with the DS3.  It wasn't until I hooked up the Move and Nav Controller that I got seriously into the game.

Without being included in the box I don't think it will become a big feature of PS4 because, like last gen, the audience is fragmented - some will have it, most won't, so devs aren't going to focus on incorporating it into their games.

However, since the PS4 brings with it a slew of social features, perhaps more gamers will be inclined to pick it up. Perhaps Sony will consider putting a voucher inside of PS4 that gives a % off of PS4Eye.  Would be a good move to try and sell some of them.

We'll see.

I will buy it for Move, though.