bad company 2 just stole infinity ward's business from me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PreparationH123
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PreparationH123
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

If I can get a beta code on the 10th, I think I'll actually be passing up modern warfare 2. Anyone else have this same mentality?

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
No:)
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Yes. Never really cared for MW2....But Bad Company 2 has always been on my radar.
denver_dunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 denver_dunk
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'm still gonna buy MW2 i just hope i'll get a code without having to preorder it
PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PreparationH123

I'm pre-ordering so i def. get a code. I've been playing 1943 religiously every day, I can use a change and I even thought 1943>MW. I like the fact that I can go through walls instead of aroundem :)

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Bad Company 2 looks to have taken what made the first great, and built upon it significantly, in efforts to improve as a whole. Modern Warfare 2 hasn't done jack. I'm definitely more interested in BC2.

PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PreparationH123

I was just reading battlefields site when I saw this ugly monster:

The Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition comes with:

• 4 x Vehicle Warfare Unlocks
    • Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
    • Vehicle Alternate Fire - Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
    • Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
    • Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
  • 2 x Classic Battlefield 1943 Weapons
    • M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
    • M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round

So, does this mean if you get the limited edition you are better off in the multiplayer? If so that is crap

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

No nothing tops MW2 for me.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
wanted bad company 2 the day it was announced :P but never cared about mw2 though :D
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Hell no.

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#11 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

Battlefield looks better graphically and even some of the features looked awesome but I never played the first one so I don't know if I'll like it as much as MW.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Im getting Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time instead of MW2, never have been a fan of COD. I liked COD WAW tho, especially the nazi zombies, and COD MW2 is gonna be really good but id just rather hav R & C.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

• Improved Vehicle Armor – An Up-Armor package mounted on all vehicle types decreases the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
    • Vehicle Alternate Fire - Additional weapon packages mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expands the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
    • Vehicle Motion Sensor – Upgraded Sensor to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
    • Tracer Dart Pistol – Launched by compressed air, this magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allows friendly shoulder launched rockets to lock on to and track moving targets even beyond line of sight.
    • M1A1 Submachine Gun – Popular with Paratrooper and Commando units in WW2 for its rate of fire and stopping power the M1A1 is still seen in the hands of paramilitaries today. Reliable but heavy, this classic weapon is still a powerful force in the hands of a Battlefield Veteran.
    • M1911 Pistol – Adopted in 1911 by the US Army the M1911 saw heavy service in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Highly customized M1911 are still favored by Special Operations forces for its reliability and the power of its large .45 caliber round

So, does this mean if you get the limited edition you are better off in the multiplayer? If so that is crap

PreparationH123
No, you just have more options that's all besides the Limited Edition cost nothing extra they just have limited quantities.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
[QUOTE="PreparationH123"]

I doubt that. The first collectors edition had something like this. Everything you get in the LE I am pretty sure you can unlock over time. I for one do not care.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It certainly intrigues me more than MW2 that's for sure. When I go home for Christmas I'll pick up the first one on the cheap and give it a whirl. If I really like it then I'll probably go ahead and pre-order BC2 or just get it when it comes out.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If I can get a beta code on the 10th, I think I'll actually be passing up modern warfare 2. Anyone else have this same mentality?

PreparationH123

Even though I'm getting MW2...eventually I will get BC2.BC2 is a solid shooter that is highly under-rated.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i think BF:BC2 will be the superior game overall, and i'm definitely excited about it (well as excited as I can be for a game that's coming out March, 2010)... but I'm still going to enjoy MW2. I'm a fan, so i don't see why i should skip out on an enjoyable experience...
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

:lol:

LOL.

No. :|

PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PreparationH123

bumple

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

No, not really.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

What's wrong with getting both games? But should be pretty good!

PreparationH123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PreparationH123

I'm just not sure yet, college student with limited funds here so I have to budget and crap Only so many people pay for sex, hard to make loot ya know?

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
Definitely more interested in BC2. Very much hoping I can get involved in the beta.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Bad Company 2 looks to have taken what made the first great, and built upon it significantly, in efforts to improve as a whole. Modern Warfare 2 hasn't done jack. I'm definitely more interested in BC2.

raven_squad

if you think bad company 2 has built upon the first game significantly, how do you not think the same about modern warfare 2? i mean come on, from the trailers of bfbc 2 the gameplay looks very much the same, which isnt a bad thing. i really liked the first bad company, but you cant say bad company 2 looks to have dramatically improved and modern warfare has not. im not saying modern warfare looks dramatically different. it just looks to have added features and built upon the first one, just like bad company 2, but neither look extremely different that their predecessors. like i said though, its not a bad game, because both games were very fun.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

if you think bad company 2 has built upon the first game significantly, how do you not think the same about modern warfare 2? i mean come on, from the trailers of bfbc 2 the gameplay looks very much the same, which isnt a bad thing. i really liked the first bad company, but you cant say bad company 2 looks to have dramatically improved and modern warfare has not. im not saying modern warfare looks dramatically different. it just looks to have added features and built upon the first one, just like bad company 2, but neither look extremely different that their predecessors. like i said though, its not a bad game, because both games were very fun.

I have seen nothing different looking about MW2 honestly... maybe some simple changes to multiplayer modes and a graphical tweak (not to any great lengths either...) where as BF:BC2 has significantly improved upon physics, the destruction mechanics (If I'm not mistaken, environments are 100% destructible now?), and the visuals have taken a large leap forward.
Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts

I'll just get both!!!! No worries.

gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

I will get MW2 instead

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

raven_squad

I have seen nothing different looking about MW2 honestly... maybe some simple changes to multiplayer modes and a graphical tweak (not to any great lengths either...) where as BF:BC2 has significantly improved upon physics, the destruction mechanics (If I'm not mistaken, environments are 100% destructible now?), and the visuals have taken a large leap forward.

yes theres more destruction now, but there was already a great deal of destruction in the last game, so this extra amount of destruction isnt going to change the way the whole game is played.and the graphics have gotten better, but i would not say its a huge upgrade. modern warfare 2 has added an entire new co-op mode to the game. you kind of have to be biased towards the game to think bad company 2 looks to have improved by leaps and bounds because of a few cosmetic changes.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Both look great. Both will probably be bought within the next 6 months.

But since I saw significantly more in-game footage for BC2, it has kept me more interested.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I've always prefered the Battlefield series over the CoD series personally... but i'm still getting both :P

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I'll be getting both but there's no doubt in my mind that Bad Company 2 is going to be a superior game, by miles.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Nope. Why? Getting both of them, although Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2 in most aspects for me. Bad Company 2 is going to be AMAZING. No grainy effect, more customisable options and overall everything has improved... looks awesome. If I get a beta, I will be over the moon. Been a Battlefield fan pretty much since the beginning of them. If it's as addicting as BF2 then I'm definitely making BC2 a priority. Not to mention it comes out a day before my birthday.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

PreparationH123

Beta doesn't come out until the 19th... linkage.

What's with all this BC2 is gonna be better than MW2, and MW2 is gonna be better than BC2?!?!? Nobody knows for sure which one will be better, so why waist time arguing about it? How about we just play the games, and enjoy them for what they are?

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Yes! We need more to our cause!

MclovinKilledU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MclovinKilledU
Member since 2009 • 345 Posts

i think its a public beta and every one is allowed to play

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Beta doesn't come out until the 19th... linkage.

What's with all this BC2 is gonna be better than MW2, and MW2 is gonna be better than BC2?!?!? Nobody knows for sure which one will be better, so why waist time arguing about it? How about we just play the games, and enjoy them for what they are?

jshaas

I agree with you to a certain extent. Sure, we haven't played the games but we already know what to expect from both franchises. It's not like Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 are going to be drastically different from their respective predecessors.

But you're right, there's no intelligent reason to argue about opinions.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
Well isn't that just fantastic... would like like a banana sticker?
ultimatecrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 ultimatecrysis
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Battlefield: Bad Company was definitly one of my favorite games and the BF:BC2 looks great. But MW2 is just impossible to pass up on. I'll be playing the game nonstop from the day it comes out.

SpectralRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpectralRave
Member since 2002 • 362 Posts

for me I liked B-Co multi more. didntfeel like the sameol, same ol fps multi mwdid. MW does get props for better graphics and marginally better story.

KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Definetly! Battlefield was allways the king of Online!

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
I'm more excited for Modern Warfare 2 like everyone else, but thats cool...I would of played it if it came up several months before MW2 but since I know I'll have MW2 to play I know if I bought it it would sit there so I'm just going to pass. I know Infinity Ward is going to feel the hurt when it comes to sales. lol.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Well isn't that just fantastic... would like like a banana sticker?Sk8ter_213
Wow. Wierd comment. Apart from being ridiculous stupid and have nothing to do with this topic, you weren't even concentrating enough to order your words properly. And now I've said that, I've probably made a mistake somewhere.
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#43 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
I have no interest in MW2 whatsoever. I'm more interested in Bad Company 2, but not by much. I'll probably pick it up for 10$ or so, like I did for the first one:P
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#44 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]Well isn't that just fantastic... would like like a banana sticker?Adziboy
Wow. Wierd comment. Apart from being ridiculous stupid and have nothing to do with this topic, you weren't even concentrating enough to order your words properly. And now I've said that, I've probably made a mistake somewhere.

To be quite honest, you did. :lol:
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="raven_squad"][QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

yes theres more destruction now, but there was already a great deal of destruction in the last game, so this extra amount of destruction isnt going to change the way the whole game is played.and the graphics have gotten better, but i would not say its a huge upgrade. modern warfare 2 has added an entire new co-op mode to the game. you kind of have to be biased towards the game to think bad company 2 looks to have improved by leaps and bounds because of a few cosmetic changes.

Actualy it does. In BC1 you couldnt compleatly destroy a building = some cover. If the battlefield is 100% destructible (well exept the ground probably) theres alot less places where you are compleatly safe. And the whole gameplay compared to BC1 is getting brought up to the glory of Battlefield 2 as far as i know (no more supa-heal needle thing i think). And there is gun custumatisation simelar to CoD4.

Plus it has blood and UH60 Blackhawks in it... :D

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"]Well isn't that just fantastic... would like like a banana sticker?Adziboy

Yeah, i didn't see that. I should really read my replies for errors before submitting them. To be honest, both games look fantastic, though i've never played a battlefield game. Looks fun, maybe i'll rent it when it comes out... unless i get into the beta somehow,
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

[QUOTE="_SOULtoSQUEEZE_"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"] I have seen nothing different looking about MW2 honestly... maybe some simple changes to multiplayer modes and a graphical tweak (not to any great lengths either...) where as BF:BC2 has significantly improved upon physics, the destruction mechanics (If I'm not mistaken, environments are 100% destructible now?), and the visuals have taken a large leap forward. chaplainDMK

Actualy it does. In BC1 you couldnt compleatly destroy a building = some cover. If the battlefield is 100% destructible (well exept the ground probably) theres alot less places where you are compleatly safe. And the whole gameplay compared to BC1 is getting brought up to the glory of Battlefield 2 as far as i know (no more supa-heal needle thing i think). And there is gun custumatisation simelar to CoD4.

Plus it has blood and UH60 Blackhawks in it... :D

yeah but the only thing left of buildings in the first one was the frame, theres not much cover in hiding behind a pole, lol. no doubt that total destruction is gonna be awesome, but i just dont see it changing the gameplay too much from the first. if what you say about the no more self heal thing is true though, thats awesome. and blood is always good.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Nah nothing is going to steal MW2 thunder.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Yes. Never really cared for MW2....But Bad Company 2 has always been on my radar.GrandJury
This
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I'm getting both so not an issue for me. :)