AVI/DIVX Files HELP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 0

#1 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
Apperently the latest update allows you to watch avi/div x files on your ps3, however, i have transfered and tried to watch a few avi files on my ps3 now and it just says "Unsupported Data", can anybody tell me how to watch these files please, is there any settings i need to change. Thanks.
si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 si7ver
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

Apperently the latest update allows you to watch avi/div x files on your ps3, however, i have transfered and tried to watch a few avi files on my ps3 now and it just says "Unsupported Data", can anybody tell me how to watch these files please, is there any settings i need to change. Thanks.rabbit_pie

I don't think the PS3 supports .avi files (at this point.) But as far as I understand it, you can play/ watch .divx files only if it's saved onto the PS3's HDD. I could be wrong though.

-777-

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
Divx files are .avi's, but not all .avi's are encoded with divx. Seems like those are the files you've got. The only thing I've hit that doesn't work is mkv containters. The rest of my anime and crap all play.
rabbit_pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#4 rabbit_pie
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
Its deffinitly encoded with divX and does it have to be on your HDD, i was trying to watch it off a memory stick
Sivo803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sivo803
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts
Divx files are .avi's, but not all .avi's are encoded with divx. Seems like those are the files you've got. The only thing I've hit that doesn't work is mkv containters. The rest of my anime and crap all play.mbrockway
where do u go to download anime episodes to the ps3