Avid PS3 owner - Should I own a PSP 3000?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rcastoro
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

I have a Large 50" Bravia LCD HDTV, with a PS3... I'm Considering purchasing a PSP 3000 today. Can somebody please tell me if the PSP is worth paying for, I'f I LOVE games? I mean I have a PS3, and it's not often that I'm AWAY from home where i Can PLAY games (work.... MAYBE vacations)... What's the Big Deal about the PSP?

Also, I'm interested in the Aspect where you can plug the PSP or Sync Games to your PS3 or HDTV... What's this all about, and can you use HDMI cables to put your PSP games onto your HDTV or PS3, how does this all work..

So Questions are above PLUS - In Addition to the plain PSP 3000 (if I decide to buy one today) What other cables and components do I need to buy to make it SUPER UBER PSP with all the best gadgets????

Thank you so much, I'm TOTALLY in the lost, dont even know if this is good as Nintendo DSi? Please respond fast so I can spend my money fast :)

Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
Honestly, you should wait for the go if you have a connection to wi fi close to your house.
rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rcastoro

I have wireless internet - I read that PSP 3000 Has Wireless WIFI Technology? Also, IF YOU Suggest getting the PSP 3000, what game? - ALSO - I'm not waiting till Octobor for the PSP Go...

So you're bascially saying the PSP is KINDA a waste if you already own a PS3?

Basically - I havn't had PSP Ever. No PSP 1000 or 2000 and I dont really want to wait Till Octobor... Is the PSP a GREAT addition to Having a PS3 or is it a waste of money?

Original Questions were:
I have a Large 50" Bravia LCD HDTV, with a PS3... I'm Considering purchasing a PSP 3000 today. Can somebody please tell me if the PSP is worth paying for, I'f I LOVE games? I mean I have a PS3, and it's not often that I'm AWAY from home where i Can PLAY games (work.... MAYBE vacations)... What's the Big Deal about the PSP?

Also, I'm interested in the Aspect where you can plug the PSP or Sync Games to your PS3 or HDTV... What's this all about, and can you use HDMI cables to put your PSP games onto your HDTV or PS3, how does this all work..

So Questions are above PLUS - In Addition to the plain PSP 3000 (if I decide to buy one today) What other cables and components do I need to buy to make it SUPER UBER PSP with all the best gadgets????

Thank you so much, I'm TOTALLY in the lost, dont even know if this is good as Nintendo DSi? Please respond fast so I can spend my money fast

JayUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 JayUK
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts

PSP 3000 comes with wifi also and technology wise the PSP is better (and sexier) than the DSi.

To be honest I'd just look at the games avalible for the PSP and whats upcoming. If you like what you see then get one if you're unimpressed leave it on the shelf.

NotToBeDied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NotToBeDied
Member since 2004 • 652 Posts

Personally, I would stick with the PS3. Keep your money until the Go comes out atleast if you're positive you want one. If you're not too sure at this point then you probably shouldn't get one.

Your're not missing anything on the PSP if you have PS3 bottomline.

BlackNinja00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackNinja00
Member since 2004 • 94 Posts

you should. i have a psp 2000 and i'm very happy with it. just make sure you buy a memory stick with a lot of memory. and buy god of war:chains of olympus,crisis core:final fantasy, metal gear solid:portable ops, resistance: retribution or patapon 1 and 2 to keep you busy :)

rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rcastoro
Wow - So the PSP isn't really that great at all? Damnit, I'm kind of getting bored of the PS3 System. It just sits there. I cannot access differenet systems from wifi spots and stuff... SO THE $260 I had saved for a Cool extra gadget, just Don't spend it? PSP is really Not that great? DANGIT! I really wanted the PSP to be cool, but I guess it sucks... Is there anything else you reccommend I spend my $260 on for Gaming, instead of tthe PSP? I'm open to ANy suggestions that are Game Related. I have Infamous (it's ok... hear prototype is OK but infamous is better so Ill leave that alone, RED FACTIOn is hear is OK but not as good as INFAmOUS so I'll again, leave that alone.... )
rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rcastoro

Well, the reason I want the PSP is because I hear you can play the PSP games on the PS3 HDTV your using. It would be great to Have 2 different game systems on ONE TV. PLus I can use the PSP to make Phone Calls over SKYPE RIGHT? Skype is free right?

ARE you SUREEEE PSP isn't the GOOD STUFF??

BlackNinja00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackNinja00

i dont think skype is free, but you can link your psp to you tv.

NotToBeDied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NotToBeDied
Member since 2004 • 652 Posts
[QUOTE="rcastoro"]Wow - So the PSP isn't really that great at all? Damnit, I'm kind of getting bored of the PS3 System. It just sits there. I cannot access differenet systems from wifi spots and stuff... SO THE $260 I had saved for a Cool extra gadget, just Don't spend it? PSP is really Not that great? DANGIT! I really wanted the PSP to be cool, but I guess it sucks... Is there anything else you reccommend I spend my $260 on for Gaming, instead of tthe PSP? I'm open to ANy suggestions that are Game Related. I have Infamous (it's ok... hear prototype is OK but infamous is better so Ill leave that alone, RED FACTIOn is hear is OK but not as good as INFAmOUS so I'll again, leave that alone.... )

If you're going to spend $260 regardless maybe do something with your PS3 set up like add 5.1 surround or wall mount your HDTV maybe even a gaming chair. Just something to spark your interest again. OR maybe just go get a PSP to hold you over for GOWIII. :]
BlackNinja00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlackNinja00

or get a couple really good games for your PS3

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

ive owned a psp 1, and 2 both of which ive sold out of sheer boredom. seriously, if your like me and own all 3 consoles the handhelds, especially in yur position (not away most of the time) just wont leave u much reason to use your psp all the time. the fact your gonna be spending 200 bucks on a system with only a handful of games, and honestly almost NO games coming out isnt that smart...

ive also owned a DS original, and A DS lite, and then another DS lite, each of which i sold (i bought and sold them at different stages like the psp), and at the moment im without any handheld, and im totally fine. Really, im very interested in buying the DSi right now because im the type of gamer for oldschool games like mario and pokemon :D.

the whole playing psp games on the tv isnt that awesome, if you that much money why not just buy another console like the 200 dollar 360? or 250 wii?

rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rcastoro

OK :) EVERYTHING IS CLEAR... I see now that the PSP isn't worth what it's costing... that's cool, you're right... I will save my money, maybe I will get a Wall-Mount for my HDTV, but that's such a pain in the f'in ass to install and hide the wires. I'm not RICH, where am I gunna put my cable box and PS3? On the floor? Ahhh Ghetto...

NO GAME CHAIR! Im not that Uber L33t... I have all or beat all the best PS3 Games, I guess I'll just buy some SURROUND SOUNDDD. But that;s just more WIREES that I cannot have around the house. DMANIT! PSP YOU SUCK!

Thanks Guys

%50 off on Web-Design or Graphic Design (Marketing Agency) for your help. I fyou need a web-site for a good price contact me at rcastoro [@] verizon . netbecause youll helped me.

rcastoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rcastoro
Good POint Panda, That or Surround Sound for my Living Room! [QUOTE="Blue_Panda"]

ive owned a psp 1, and 2 both of which ive sold out of sheer boredom. seriously, if your like me and own all 3 consoles the handhelds, especially in yur position (not away most of the time) just wont leave u much reason to use your psp all the time. the fact your gonna be spending 200 bucks on a system with only a handful of games, and honestly almost NO games coming out isnt that smart...

ive also owned a DS original, and A DS lite, and then another DS lite, each of which i sold (i bought and sold them at different stages like the psp), and at the moment im without any handheld, and im totally fine. Really, im very interested in buying the DSi right now because im the type of gamer for oldschool games like mario and pokemon :D.

the whole playing psp games on the tv isnt that awesome, if you that much money why not just buy another console like the 200 dollar 360? or 250 wii?

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

yep yep, i mean if your that bored with your ps3 go buy a 360, that way youll be in my position, theres TONSSSS of games to play, so much so i didnt even know KZ2 was out until a week ago :D (maybe i was just on WoW to long?)