Assassins Creed 3 PS3 Controller Capability with PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hawx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hawx5
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Not sure whether to get the new AC3 for PS3 or PC. So im wondering whether i can get my PS3 controller working through my PC (via the USB cable?) and play the game like that through my PC? Anyone done this or know how?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Well it's not out yet on PC if that makes your decision any easier.. It won't have native support for it, you can use motionjoy but I find that isn't always good.. Best thing I've found so far for controller gaming on PC is a wired 360 controller, tons of game have native support, and nearly every game that has came out in the last few years.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Yes, I use the Dualshock 3 for PS3 and it works perfectly. You just need a program called MotionJoy and load in the drivers to the DS3. Then select Xbox 360 emulator and press enable. Any game that would normally support the 360 pad will now work flawlessly with the DS3. You have to keep the controller plugged in though unless you have a bluetooth adaptor for the controller

hawx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hawx5

Well thats good news and the first time ive heard of MotionJoy was today so I dont know what DS3 is? Is that part of MotionJoy program or is it an extra program that i have to run? Any tutorials or videos you can link me?

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
MotionInJoy is an option if you dont have an xbox 360 controller lying around. But I'd get it for PS3 if I were you. You do get some exclusive missions after all. But if you prefer PC gaming then it's up to you.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

Well thats good news and the first time ive heard of MotionJoy was today so I dont know what DS3 is? Is that part of MotionJoy program or is it an extra program that i have to run? Any tutorials or videos you can link me?

hawx5
DS3 = Dual Shock 3 And yeah, MethodMan and BPoole pretty much summed up your options for you. Play with a 360 controller or MotionJoy for PS3 controller.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

hawx5

DS3- Dualshock 3 (The PS3 controller)

Here is a tutorial. I did not watch it so I don't know how good it is but it should give you a good idea of what to do.

hawx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hawx5

Got it installed and working :D Thanks all. Now i just gota test it with a game. Actually, what if a game i try doesnt have the controller support in the controlls menu...? Can you download it?

EvoluZion3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EvoluZion3
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi all. I've been playing AC3 on my PC with my PS3 controller using MotionInJoy. MIJ is a great piece of software - I've been using it to play the first two Creeds on my PC (after discovering that the gfx are even better on my decent spec PC than they were when I played them on my PS3). One thing I've noticed with AC3 however is that, although I've mapped the controls to how I like them, i.e. as identical to AC1 and AC2 as possible, the game hints seem to get confused over which button is mapped. For example, I have mapped Eagle Vision to the triangle button of the DS3 (like the older AC games), however when a game hint appears on the screen, it'll say press the L button (i.e. click left stick button!). I also notice that in the lower right corner, where it shows which context-sensitive actions are mapped to which buttons, it looks like it's a default setup and not the setup I've just customised (for example it says A and B are square and triangle, when in fact I've mapped those actions to circle and cross). This gets a bit annoying when a quick-time event comes up (like fighting off the wolves) and I literally have two seconds to remember that B is actually circle, or that Y is actually click the right trigger. Has anyone else had this problem?
LuisAF500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LuisAF500
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I tried to play with the PS3 controller and it only works with the PS3 emulator, it does not work with the Xbox one. And I can't set the controls cause I can't even find the X button