Ascension 'From Ashes' Trailer/30 Minutes of Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GHO5T-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GHO5T-
Member since 2011 • 419 Posts

Live-Action Trailer Explores Kratos Origins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1aDhfTGkLTg

First 30 minutes of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pYJ4A53UziQ

8432415801_0b900d6a9f_z.jpg

8432415869_1b88ea0810_z.jpg

Source: Playstation Blog

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Can't say I liked it. Music wasn't good and there have been other live action trailers that showed more about what the game was.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14513 Posts

Dope.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I liked it. I really can't wait for this years games. The PS3 is going out with a bang

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#6 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.Geminon
I think I agree with this to a certain extent . . . on the other hand, compared to series like COD or Halo, we've still got a while to go before God of War gets old.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.Geminon

While you could call it "milking the series", they are still evolving the mechanics and improving. But one of the main reasons they decided to make Ascension was that they felt they had missed the oppertunity to grow Kratos as a character. This is something that Cory Barlog (game director or God Of War 2) brought up during the God Of War Game Directors Live QA. Which is why I'm guessing they chose to do a prequel.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

[QUOTE="Geminon"]this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.masterpinky2000
I think I agree with this to a certain extent . . . on the other hand, compared to series like COD or Halo, we've still got a while to go before God of War gets old.

As I remarked in another thread about a possible Uncharted 4, I think three games is adequate for healthy series. Anything beyond that and you risk diminishing returns and tarnishing the brand. Halo 4 is a perfect example. Seriously, how many people are still talking about that game now versus before it came out? Hardly anyone. It performed well but the general consensus was "it's another Halo game...yay." The enthusiasm is gone. It doesn't have that staying power that the original (not ODST or Reach) three games had. Sh*t, even Halo 2, which was heavily derided, was talked about more after it came out more than Halo 4 is right now.

CoD I'm not even going to acknowledge. Talk about a tired, old horse that needs to be led out to pasture and shot.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

[QUOTE="Geminon"]this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.contracts420

While you could call it "milking the series", they are still evolving the mechanics and improving. But one of the main reasons they decided to make Ascension was that they felt they had missed the oppertunity to grow Kratos as a character. This is something that Cory Barlog (game director or God Of War 2) brought up during the God Of War Game Directors Live QA. Which is why I'm guessing they chose to do a prequel.

here is the thing.... there is nothing else to Kratos' character other than "RAAAAAAAAAAWR DIE CHOP DIE RAAAAAAAAAAWR" a full game to flesh him out? i have seen the first 30 minutes video.... its more "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR HACK CHOP DIEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAWR".... doesnt seem to be much character fleshing out happening.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="contracts420"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"]this has just become milking at this point. the series was wrapped up with GOW3.... there was absolutely no reason to make a prequel game.Geminon

here is the thing.... there is nothing else to Kratos' character other than "RAAAAAAAAAAWR DIE CHOP DIE RAAAAAAAAAAWR" a full game to flesh him out? i have seen the first 30 minutes video.... its more "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR HACK CHOP DIEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAWR".... doesnt seem to be much character fleshing out happening.

Did you expect Kratos to be a completely different person altogether? Did you expect him to have a cocktail dress and estrogen problems? No, but they have stated that this will be more focused on the character. Even the demo showed Kratos save a random individual when a spear was heading for them. Kratos in later titles would just kill innocent civilians or let them die by other means. Some touches will be small, and some will be big. We will most likely get more detail into his family and why he loses all morality in this title, as if he didn't have enough **** happen to him already.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

One game every three years is not milkage.  The last console God of War game came out 2010.  Milkage would be if Sony put out two similar God of War games in one year like Nintendo did with Mario Bros last year.  This new God of War also has the ability to move time around.  You need to use it to solve puzzles.  The biggest new thing is the addition is the multiplayer, which actually looks fun,  Obviously Sony is releasing this game as well as The Last of Us to put momentum into the PS brand to help propel the PS4.   

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
that live action trailer was the best trailer sony has ever put out. whoever thought that up needs a promotion, cause sony's ad campaigns usually suck