As An Educated Guess. Which Games Do You Think Will Be Pushed Back On The PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MusashiSensi (9584 posts) -

Besides the obvious games that have been pushed back already.

FFXlll

Devil May Cry 4

Coded Arms Assult

Lair

Metal GearSolid 4

Stranglehold

Turok

#2 Posted by nanomecha4 (458 posts) -
Not Metal Gear Solid 4. I dont trust the rumors lemmings create, its coming 2007. DMC 4 will probably be Q1 08. FFXIII Q4 08. I dont consider those being pushed back, and there are enough great titles in 2007 coming out that if 2 or 3 of them were pushed back it would not matter.
#3 Posted by ajefferism (2006 posts) -
Well, already Lair and Heavenly Sword are pushed back to this summer, when they were supposed to come out this march.... Same with Warhawk.... I don't see FFXIII or Metal Gear coming out this year....  Killzone will probably be out to go up against Halo 3.... we'll see
#4 Posted by ScorpiuS739 (478 posts) -

I bet Killzone gets pushed back quite a bit, even though i would kinda like to see it released relatively close to when Halo 3 does.

#5 Posted by nanomecha4 (458 posts) -

I bet Killzone gets pushed back quite a bit, even though i would kinda like to see it released relatively close to when Halo 3 does.

ScorpiuS739
I doubt Kilzzone will be pushed back, theyre gonna drop the bomb on Halo 3.
#6 Posted by jwat4 (1934 posts) -

ScorpiuS739
Is there even an established release date for Killzone...pushed back would imply that it was supposed to come out earlier... Out of the first list the only two game that I think will be released are Lair and Stranglehold.....I really dont think we will see Sony's big guns until 2008....but there is still a lot of time left in 2007 so who knows...we might get MGS4... oh and on a side note..Im not worried about coded arms or Turok...so yeah they can release whenever...
#7 Posted by Col_Swamp (937 posts) -
the game I have been waiting for the most (and the primary reason I got a ps3) is MGS4. and i hate to say it but I see it being released in Spring 08. Trust me that I hope to God I am wrong. I would love to sit in front of my tv this summer and shun my wife and son in order to play this game non-stop for a week, but I don't see that dream comming true.........at least not this year.
#8 Posted by ScorpiuS739 (478 posts) -
[QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"]

jwat4

Is there even an established release date for Killzone...pushed back would imply that it was supposed to come out earlier... Out of the first list the only two game that I think will be released are Lair and Stranglehold.....I really dont think we will see Sony's big guns until 2008....but there is still a lot of time left in 2007 so who knows...we might get MGS4... oh and on a side note..Im not worried about coded arms or Turok...so yeah they can release whenever...

I know theres not an established release date, but as an educated guess I am saying i would predict that it won't come out anytime soon and it will be pushed back continuously. 

#9 Posted by jwat4 (1934 posts) -
[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"]

ScorpiuS739

I know theres not an established release date, but as an educated guess I am saying i would predict that it won't come out anytime soon and it will be pushed back continuously. 

Yeah I guess...I just feel like you cant say its being pushed back if they dont have any plans for release yet...I dont know...but either way you right in that its going to be a while before we see this game in stores...let alone...a demo or video of any type
#10 Posted by troy_mw (139 posts) -
Which games will be pushed back?
All the good ones by the looks of it.
Things arnt going right for Sony.
Everyday is filled with dissapointment for me.
#11 Posted by nanomecha4 (458 posts) -
troy_mw
trolllz are a disappointment to society.
#12 Posted by trav_have (5709 posts) -
FFXIII, Assasins Creed, Lair, GTA IV
#13 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -

Lair-3rd Quarter 2007

Heavenly Sword-1st Quarter 2008

DMC4-2nd Quarter 2008

MGS4-4th Quarter 2008

FFXIII-3rd Ouarter 2009

#14 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
the game I have been waiting for the most (and the primary reason I got a ps3) is MGS4. and i hate to say it but I see it being released in Spring 08. Trust me that I hope to God I am wrong. I would love to sit in front of my tv this summer and shun my wife and son in order to play this game non-stop for a week, but I don't see that dream comming true.........at least not this year.Col_Swamp
that is why i hope for winter release. so im not in during summer.
#15 Posted by ScorpiuS739 (478 posts) -
troy_mw
It may seem that things aren't going right, but I have faith in Sony and I know that when these games are actually released, that Sony knows however long we have to wait for these games, in the end, we are still going to buy them. They are just making sure they are perfect so that all of this is worth the wait.
#16 Posted by wenzke (367 posts) -

I think you will see Lair and Heavenly Sword this year, they have had several playable demos out to the meida, making them strong candidates. 

DMC4 has also seen the light of day in a playable format, so I would think will see that this year as well, but my confidence is only moderate.

I also think you will see NG:Sigma this year and I think the multiplatform delay will decrease so titles will come out at the same time for both systems.

I would bet a LOT of money that MGS4 won't ship until late 2008, same with FF13.

Both design teams are perfectionists, and niether have seen the light of day in a playable format.   (Remember the delays involved in MGS2.)

#17 Posted by feel_freetwo (1888 posts) -
as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*
#18 Posted by akuya32 (1166 posts) -
[QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

Actually if you have looked at all the big games that aer suppose 2 come out for the PS3 you would see there is a trend of games being pushed back from the first(and for some even second) release date. WHo knows what games will or will not be pshed back, but if you look at the short history of the ps3 so far it woldn't be far off to guess it would be pushed back as well. Besides, games are always pushed back across the board so this wouldn't be anything new.
#19 Posted by feel_freetwo (1888 posts) -
[QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

Actually if you have looked at all the big games that aer suppose 2 come out for the PS3 you would see there is a trend of games being pushed back from the first(and for some even second) release date. WHo knows what games will or will not be pshed back, but if you look at the short history of the ps3 so far it woldn't be far off to guess it would be pushed back as well. Besides, games are always pushed back across the board so this wouldn't be anything new.

so its not educated then, its a random guess based on whats been pushed back. although your talking about ps3 games, the first run of games, whcih are always pushed back, perhaps due to development or for hype itself. but mgs4 is something with a educated guess, is going to be released november or july of 2007.
#20 Posted by jayhadit (337 posts) -
[QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"][QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"]

jwat4

Yeah I guess...I just feel like you cant say its being pushed back if they dont have any plans for release yet...I dont know...but either way you right in that its going to be a while before we see this game in stores...let alone...a demo or video of any type

from what i understand, we're supposed to get a demo for killzone 2 on the PSN BEFORE halo 3 online beta starts. I can find the article if anyone needs to see it. Apparently they've been privately beta testing it for over a year.
#21 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

so its not educated then, its a random guess based on whats been pushed back. although your talking about ps3 games, the first run of games, whcih are always pushed back, perhaps due to development or for hype itself. but mgs4 is something with a educated guess, is going to be released november or july of 2007.

MGS4. 2008. Confirmed.
#22 Posted by nanomecha4 (458 posts) -
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

MGS4. 2008. Confirmed.

Anti-Sony Troll. Confirmed. You have a release date annoucement PR for MGS 4? Why would Konami announce the exact date of a heavy hitter like MGS 4?
#23 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="nanomecha4"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

MGS4. 2008. Confirmed.

Anti-Sony Troll. Confirmed. You have a release date annoucement PR for MGS 4? Why would Konami announce the exact date of a heavy hitter like MGS 4?

I am not anti-Sony. Look around the board pal. Just because I don't think a game will release this year I am all a sudden a fanboy? Calm down bro.
#24 Posted by Jordanaire (650 posts) -
I think Killzone will have the biggest problems getting release, due to Guerrilla Games need to fulfill its graphical duties to uphold to its E3 2005 showing.
#25 Posted by feel_freetwo (1888 posts) -
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

MGS4. 2008. Confirmed.

I am not anti-Sony. Look around the board pal. Just because I don't think a game will release this year I am all a sudden a fanboy? Calm down bro.

fanboy? well clearly by posting ...."2008, comfirmed" you share the same i.q. as a fanboy. and considerign the topic said educated guess.......you clearly never presented a educated guess, just a stupid remark.
#26 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
[QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="nanomecha4"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"][QUOTE="akuya32"][QUOTE="feel_freetwo"]as a educated guess???? as a EDUCATED guess? if this was a educated guess in any way shape or form, then mgs4 would nto be on any of those lists. this is far from educated, this is utter nonsense spouted by those who are making random guesses. educated guess..my **** anyones guess is educated.... *continues rant*

MGS4. 2008. Confirmed.

fanboy? well clearly by posting ...."2008, comfirmed" you share the same i.q. as a fanboy. and considerign the topic said educated guess.......you clearly never presented a educated guess, just a stupid remark.

Oh so dating a game makes me a fanboy? No need to jump on the offensive pal.
#27 Posted by akuya32 (1166 posts) -
Good Grief!!!! People get all worked up over nothing. Relax and take a deep breath. Games will be delayed, pushed back or come out whenever they want it too so there is no reason to get worked up about it. It seems this thread was just to get peoples ideas about what could or will happen in the near future. If people think every game will come one when their relase date then so be it, also, if people fill games will be pushed back then so be it as well. No matter what we think we have no control of when they will hit the stores no matter how much we want to, so again there is no reason to get worked up. Lets just hope when the games actually do come out they blow our minds and make our $60 purchase well worth it(opps, I forgot the tax)..

PSN: Meeks

Gamers Game.......Fanboys picks sides........
#28 Posted by gamingqueen (31076 posts) -

Not on 08. I think it will be out in November as always. 3 years for a sequel on a new console are enough.

#29 Posted by jwat4 (1934 posts) -
[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"][QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="ScorpiuS739"]

jayhadit

from what i understand, we're supposed to get a demo for killzone 2 on the PSN BEFORE halo 3 online beta starts. I can find the article if anyone needs to see it. Apparently they've been privately beta testing it for over a year.

Thats a rumor...no facts of that actually being true have been released...no one as publicly said anything about Killzone 2 other than the most recent statement that it wont be at GDC....
#30 Posted by jsmoke03 (13697 posts) -
gran turismo...not the hd one but 5. its happened with the last 3....i'd imagine they would be doing it for ths one...i juss hope they fix the a.i. and collision detection cuz ewverything else is perfect on that game...oh maybe drift tracks 
#31 Posted by troy_mw (139 posts) -
[QUOTE="troy_mw"]Which games will be pushed back?
nanomecha4
trolllz are a disappointment to society.

TrollZ ? I'm just saying how I feel.
Everymorning i check the N4g news and its bad news for us ps3 owners.
The people who shelled out our money to get the game at launch are paying the price