As a MGS fan I still don't know which is which BIG BOSS related SPOILER inside.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

Ok ever since MGS3 came out and when you first started the game you hear Major Zero tell your character by his name JACK and after that he gives him the code name NAKED SNAKE then Snake tells his name was John Doe (spelling) to Paramedic and she respond that her name is Jane Doe which I think that is not his name.

At the end when he fights Ocelot they each tell their names and when Snake responds he says his name is John which make me wonder was he laying or was it really his name.

I was at MGS4 forum last week and n a topic where a member wanted to know Solid Snake real name I also gave him the real names of Solidus and Big Boss and when I said his real name is Jack another member said no it is John and that only close friends to Big Boss call him JACK which are ZERO and The Boss, and provided me a link to where it says that which is WIKIPEDIA I needed more prove since in Wiki everyone then edit the information the way they see fit. So I checked MGS Database and it says Big Boss real name is JOHN.

But the problem is a lot of members there argues that the Database had some mistakes and to tell the truth the DATABASE didn't even explain why they called Jack in the beginning.

So does anyone know which one is which or these two names give the same meaning?

Thank you

:)

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
Jack was a fake name, his name is John.
sixshooter0825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sixshooter0825
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
in russian John means Jack xD
AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

Jack is a diminutive of John.

He is John. His nickname is Jack.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts
John Doe and Jane Doe are names used for Unknown subjects. Like, lets say the police founds a body, and it has no identification, they call it John Doe if its a male, and Jane Doe if it is a female. Simple as that, they are just saying: "Im No one"
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

Ok thank you very much now I know things I didn't know before

:)

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

John Doe and Jane Doe are names used for Unknown subjects. Like, lets say the police founds a body, and it has no identification, they call it John Doe if its a male, and Jane Doe if it is a female. Simple as that, they are just saying: "Im No one"kenshinhimura10

That is correct.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

[QUOTE="kenshinhimura10"]John Doe and Jane Doe are names used for Unknown subjects. Like, lets say the police founds a body, and it has no identification, they call it John Doe if its a male, and Jane Doe if it is a female. Simple as that, they are just saying: "Im No one"AgentH

That is correct.

TC really didn't know what John Doe was? But yes, that is correct and it is also the name of one of the AI's in MGS4

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Yeah, before I knew about the Jack/John thing, I thought Naked Snake was being an arse to Ocelot by not telling him his real name or something :lol:
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AgentH

Yeah, before I knew about the Jack/John thing, I thought Naked Snake was being an arse to Ocelot by not telling him his real name or something :lol:hazelnutman

lol. When Ocelot said his name was "Adamska", I LMFAO! But it was a nice story twist though. [spoiler] Adam in Operation Snake Eater that Big Boss was suppose to meet with was actually none other then ocelot himself. Adam, shortcut for Adamska [/spoiler]

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Yeah, before I knew about the Jack/John thing, I thought Naked Snake was being an arse to Ocelot by not telling him his real name or something :lol:AgentH

lol. When Ocelot said his name was "Adamska", I LMFAO! But it was a nice story twist though

Yeah, after the twist was revealed, I was like "HOLY CRAP, I'VE BEEN KOJIMA'D AGAIN!"

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Yeah, before I knew about the Jack/John thing, I thought Naked Snake was being an arse to Ocelot by not telling him his real name or something :lol:hazelnutman

lol. When Ocelot said his name was "Adamska", I LMFAO! But it was a nice story twist though

Yeah, after the twist was revealed, I was like "HOLY CRAP, I'VE BEEN KOJIMA'D AGAIN!"

yep same here.

helysandoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 helysandoval
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
John Doe and Jane Doe are names used for Unknown subjects. Like, lets say the police founds a body, and it has no identification, they call it John Doe if its a male, and Jane Doe if it is a female. Simple as that, they are just saying: "Im No one"kenshinhimura10
the american scholarship programs are making their homework.. first one i know who didnt fell for the JACK or JOHN???? nice dude