Armored Core 4 Demo...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rallysportev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rallysportev
Member since 2004 • 179 Posts

Hi!

I couldn't find anyone with a topic on this. Who has downloaded and played this game? What do you think of it? My download hasn't finished downloading yet.

masterchef1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 masterchef1000
Member since 2006 • 6279 Posts
i think it's okay, nothing that good though
joelejuif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joelejuif
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
Yeah the tutorial is OK but when you get in the game I think it's reallllly good to have tried the demo.
Iron_Crane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iron_Crane
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
I think its worth picking up. after the slow tutorial, the three levels you play are all fast paced especially the one in CHina and the Desert. I might even buy it in a month after I get the money for it and all that good stuff.
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

Hi!

I couldn't find anyone with a topic on this. Who has downloaded and played this game? What do you think of it? My download hasn't finished downloading yet.

rallysportev

this game suck...

SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="rallysportev"]

Hi!

Ngon

this game suck...

I thought the same thing till I tried the full PS3 version. It doesn't suck, it's actually really good.

csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
i think it looks pretty good... hows the online though... cause thats kind of a key factor for me atleast...
SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

i think it looks pretty good... hows the online though... cause thats kind of a key factor for me atleast...csqwared

FUN, but the more experience Armored Core fans really own you and it's easy to tell who they are.

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
I think its worth picking up. after the slow tutorial, the three levels you play are all fast paced especially the one in CHina and the Desert. I might even buy it in a month after I get the money for it and all that good stuff.Iron_Crane
I beat the desert Barbarois mission in literally 6 seconds. When the car stopped I shot him with my missiles twice and he died before even starting to fight with me...
bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bryan2020
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

a nice game , really fast paced and exciting ... the missions are way too short imo ,. nice amount of variety in parts , weapons and boosters ... if you liked previous armored core series you will like this !

SFMrAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SFMrAnderson
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts

The game is very tedious but very rewarding. Once you start unlocking more parts and understanding what parts actually do and how to improve upon them, its a decent game. The more time I spend playing it, the more I like it. However being new to the series (rented one of the first ones a long time ago) I found the developers did a poor job of explaining aspects of the game. In my opinion, it was definitely talored towards long time fans of the series versus newcomers such as myself. It would have been great to have a more in depth tuturial for the mech parts and by changing this setting--you get this effect etc. Instead we have to do it all by trial and error.

Basically you get what you put into it. If you get frustrated easily and aren't willing to put in the time to learn the different aspects of the game, you won't like it.

colosssus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 colosssus
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
I'm a very long time Armored core fan.  I've played more or less everyone all the way through.  i was REALLY looking forward to armored core 4.  Sadly though..they changed too much! it's just not the same for me anymore.  Yes they sped things up more, and yes the controls are more "newbie" friendly.  But i just can't stand the whole schematic system!  i liked the old menus and setups.  Also wtf is up with the mission briefings? you can't review it, setup your ac accordingly..then commence the mission. You basically have to guess what its about beforehand.  And finally, the display readout.  Gone is the easy to see weapon displays, heat readouts, and all that.  If there's a way to change that then PLEASE let me know. Cause right now, i can't stand the lack of information being given to me.  Sadly, i think this is the first Armored Core i won't own :(
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I tried downloading it on Friday night while I was watching "The Departed" on my PS3, however, after the movie was over, the download only appeared to be 2% done, so I cancelled it.

I'll have to try again sometime.

BoD_GOA_French

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 BoD_GOA_French
Member since 2006 • 971 Posts

this game suck...

Ngon

What he said...

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
well i heard it was really bad but i still just needed a new demo to see so i downloaded this...i heard the controls were really bad but i actually thought they were easy to learn..i thin ki would buy this game if it was like 40 bucks
rallysportev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rallysportev
Member since 2004 • 179 Posts
I'm a very long time Armored core fan.  ...  i was REALLY looking forward to armored core 4.  Sadly though..they changed too much! it's just not the same for me anymore.  Yes they sped things up more, and yes the controls are more "newbie" friendly.  But i just can't stand the whole schematic system!  i liked the old menus and setups.  Also wtf is up with the mission briefings? you can't review it, setup your ac accordingly..then commence the mission. You basically have to guess what its about beforehand.  And finally, the display readout.  Gone is the easy to see weapon displays, heat readouts, and all that.  If there's a way to change that then PLEASE let me know. Cause right now, i can't stand the lack of information being given to me.  Sadly, i think this is the first Armored Core i won't own :(colosssus

Do you think that because this is a demo that perhaps these things that you say are missing still have a chance of being added to the final product?

tubarao1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tubarao1
Member since 2003 • 561 Posts

this game suck...

What he said...

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts
this game suck... Ngon

I agree. I guess its mostly because I'm not a mech fan. But the game wasn;t next gen, to me, at all. Pretty dull.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

The demo was meh and the full game is meh. I prefer the western style mech games though, like Mechassault, Chrome Hounds, a few others.

I will say that I thought a few of the earlier Armored Cores were better. This one feels stripped down, which seems to be the thing for these next-gen games no matter what system there on. Devs want poeple to be able to just pick up and play, which means for the most part games seem kind of watered down to me.

Take TES4: Oblivion for example. A lot of fans of the previous game Morrowind cant stand Oblivion because while there are tons of more quests, it kind of shows you everything and you dont really have to find anthing on your own meaning it seems watered down to harcore TES fans. Just an example. I love Oblivion though LOL:P

Anyway thats my take on the new  Armored Core. It just seems a little lackluster for me. If you cant decide by playing the Demo whether you like it or not definitely rent it before buying it.