Are you still excited about GTA4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Smaller gameplay area, no airplanes, semi-new location=meh?
FlakoSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FlakoSS
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
all those things dont realy bother me gta never disapoint me
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
the location shall barely resemble Liberty City in GTa3 trust me! It will be really really big! Also it will be big in the way Crackdown was big! Vertical Level Design! The airplanes I am not too too mad about since R* doesn't want Sept 11 comparisions (whatever the hell they say this is the real reason and you all know it)
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shuriken_ninja
Member since 2006 • 1161 Posts
`ya i cant wait eather.
General_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 General_Lion
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts
I don't need any planes. So I maybe buy it at launch.
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
You guys act like they said the place would be about 4 square miles. If it's 70% as large as San Andreas that's still ALOT of city in one game. Los Santos in SA could have stood alone in the game by itself. And the no airplanes thing is a lil bit of a downer but not that much. And this city will be nothing like the Liberty City that we all know and love(loathe?). I can't wait for this game to drop. I'll be coppin' it on day one. 8)
theburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theburg
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Ill still get it on day 1 but im extremely ****** that there is only one city. I loved the variety in san andreas and driving around in the country from place to place and stumbling across little hick towns. Plus the change of scenery from one main city to the next. The fact that there are no planes only makes it worse.

Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 acidBURN1942
I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.Takiwara
Thats why Rockstar is smart enough to take planes out of a New York cloned city. give it a few more years, people will get over it eventually. Which sucks, people are evil and cowards which ruins lots of creative force in this world.
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Smaller gameplay area, no airplanes, semi-new location=meh?espoac

None of your info is necessarily true whatsoever. Stop with the sky is falling stuff and just wait until some real info is released. 

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XL83

I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.Takiwara

You sound like a 12-stepper trying to convince yourself you don't need heroin. Planes were one of the best parts of the last GTA and they are absolutely nuts to take them out for any reason. Should you not be able to crash in Ace Combat now because it might remind you of 9/11? Its ridiculous.

What's even more ridiculous is that judging from a 30 second TEASER everyone thinks they're an expert on what the next GTA will have. A "New York cloned city"? Because it had a statue of liberty, which probably looks nothing like the real statue of Liberty? Come on. If you want to speculate, speculate, but don't say "the next GTA IS ____" because you have no idea. 

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i'm not as excited about it, but i'm still gonna buy it the day it comes out.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 acidBURN1942

[QUOTE="Takiwara"]I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.XL83

You sound like a 12-stepper trying to convince yourself you don't need heroin. Planes were one of the best parts of the last GTA and they are absolutely nuts to take them out for any reason. Should you not be able to crash in Ace Combat now because it might remind you of 9/11? Its ridiculous.

What's even more ridiculous is that judging from a 30 second TEASER everyone thinks they're an expert on what the next GTA will have. A "New York cloned city"? Because it had a statue of liberty, which probably looks nothing like the real statue of Liberty? Come on. If you want to speculate, speculate, but don't say "the next GTA IS ____" because you have no idea.

rockstar said they were "cloning" new york city. with the Bronx and New Jersey and other places so I'm pretty sure I was right when I said that. Oh yea sure the places will be anmed different and it wont be exactly NEW YORK CITY but its ENTIRELY based on NYC so you lose
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XL83
[QUOTE="XL83"]

[QUOTE="Takiwara"]I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.acidBURN1942

rockstar said they were "cloning" new york city. with the Bronx and New Jersey and other places so I'm pretty sure I was right when I said that. Oh yea sure the places will be anmed different and it wont be exactly NEW YORK CITY but its ENTIRELY based on NYC so you lose

Where did you read this? In your mind? Link it. Nobody has linked any info yet that they're claiming is the gospel right from Rockstars mouth. When they call the city in the next game NEW YORK and not Liberty, then I lose. 

Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts

[QUOTE="Takiwara"]I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.XL83

lmao and you sound like you're offended by me saying i dont care that planes are out of GTA. it was just a thought so you can pipe down. maybe you should check out the Game Informer you'll see that Rockstar said that they'd be modeling this game after New York and New Jersey parts. 

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XL83
[QUOTE="XL83"]

[QUOTE="Takiwara"]I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.Takiwara

lmao and you sound like you're offended by me saying i dont care that planes are out of GTA. it was just a thought so you can pipe down. maybe you should check out the Game Informer you'll see that Rockstar said that they'd be modeling this game after New York and New Jersey parts.

I've read all kinds of stuff in Game Informer that didn't turn out to be true. This is my point. You don't KNOW anything until the game rolls out. Stop speculating and calling it fact. 

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 acidBURN1942
[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="XL83"]

Where did you read this? In your mind? Link it. Nobody has linked any info yet that they're claiming is the gospel right from Rockstars mouth. When they call the city in the next game NEW YORK and not Liberty, then I lose.

Comencing OWNAGE
Avatar image for TheActionFigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheActionFigure
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
After hearing that there would be no planes my hopes for this game has gone waaaaay down.  There damn well better be more than just motorcycles that seperates GTA IV from the likes of Saint's Row, or I won't be buying it.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
It is like introducing gameplay and then stripping it away in the sequal...oh wait..
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XL83
[QUOTE="XL83"][QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="XL83"]

[QUOTE="Takiwara"]I'll sayit again, the game is called Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Theft Aero. Sure planes created realism and what not but there's not much point i guess. they should include helicopters though. however dont you think that rockstar would be in deep doo doo if they included planes and some insane parent sues them when she sees her child crashing planes into buildings. just a thought.acidBURN1942

Comencing OWNAGE

Ownage? Wow. Set the bar a little higher.

Anyway, what I gathered from that article is that a "leaked scan" of a Game Informer issue told them that the new game would imitate NY, not "clone" it, nor is it called New York. It will be similar to NY in that it will have several boroughs and almost no open space, but it doesn't say they are directly recreating it, a la True Crime. Being based on something and directly "cloning" it are two completely different things.

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

W8. Is that the official word? No planes? And it's smaller than SA? Nope im not getting it. This is the next gen of gaming. I believed it's gonna be like oblivion. Huge map  and filled with things to do.

BrideInDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 BrideInDream
Member since 2006 • 2262 Posts
don't care GTA is always fun :D
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 acidBURN1942
[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="XL83"][QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="XL83"]

Comencing OWNAGE

Ownage? Wow. Set the bar a little higher.

Anyway, what I gathered from that article is that a "leaked scan" of a Game Informer issue told them that the new game would imitate NY, not "clone" it, nor is it called New York. It will be similar to NY in that it will have several boroughs and almost no open space, but it doesn't say they are directly recreating it, a la True Crime. Being based on something and directly "cloning" it are two completely different things.

" In news that will not please Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the new Liberty City is directly modeled on four of New York's five boroughs and part of suburban New Jersey. Each section has been renamed--Brooklyn is now Broker, for example--as have the iconic city's various landmarks".

YES yes I know that doesn't mean street for street like The Getaway did with London. Maybe my use of the word cloned was ....missused....but thats all I was trying to get across. They are modeling it much MUCH more after New York than they ever even touched in GTA3's liberty City.
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
how do you know no airplanes?
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 acidBURN1942
[QUOTE="espoac"]Smaller gameplay area, no airplanes, semi-new location=meh?Bladex2k
how do you know no airplanes?

Read This!