Are you going to get a Vita now that the PS4 is out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

Topic^

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im debating on buying one after Christmas.

I was going get the amazon deal (Vita plus 4 games for 179.99) but it wouldn't ship to my area.

So I lucked out of that one. But owning a ps4, it makes me want to get a vita.

I was in the middle of a fifa game and my dad wanted to watch tv, and I thought, "hey wouldn't it be nice to continue playing on a vita."

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If anyone is going to grab one I suggest the old school model instead of the newer ones

The screen takes a hit in the newer ones

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

I have a vita some good games but still kind of lacking in terms of them 3DS seems to be where it's it at and i i love the vita don't get me wrong but i keep anticipating the next big thing

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Is the PS4 that influential on people buying Vitas? I guess there's remote play, but is it really worth it to have a Vita just to mainly use it as an accessory to the PS4? I guess it's a win for Sony if the Vita does see any sort of rise in sales because of the PS4, but I'm still waiting for some big game announcements. There's a fair chunk of decent titles out there for it, but the future looks very questionable and I have no interest in using mine to play PS4 games once I get a PS4.

ZeusCannon087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 ZeusCannon087
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I am debating about getting one after purchasing my PS4, but if I do get it I might wait until summer.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Probably not. I haven't owned a hand held since my Game Gear. I have no need or desire to have one now. It's a nice bit of tech, but that's it.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

I would be happy if I can find a PS4 till the end of the year

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Nope not getting one but I would like a PS4 but I don't see that happening before xmas.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

already have one... completely worth it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i got it back when the price dropped, i still miss a few games i want to get it, but i am not dissapointed

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i'm actually thinking of getting one just for the remote play. it mite not interest any of you lot and the reason why anyone would but for me with a wife and kid, this is a great solution, i mean i have a ps4 and all i've played is knack and i've played what about 4hours of it if that and most of that time was mucking around with the features and the UI, and my mrs watches alot of the soaps here in the uk and we have a tivo box which records everything so it's the only room she can watch it and i don't want to take out the ps4 from the room because it's where my 60in tv is so remote play would work wonders for me. i will be getting one maybe end of next year hopefully then i'd be able to pick one up very cheap and more games would be on it.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Getting one at Xmas as I'm not looking to get a PS4 until late next year once the better games and any glitches are ironed out.

Will keep me tided over until then. Lots of deal on at the minute as well so definitely worth picking one up (HMV had the 3g model for £99 but are sadly sold out)

PS+ makes having a Vita very worthwhile. I've not got mine yet but have downloaded 8 games so far for free. Not just shit titles either. Got Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, Jak 1-3, GTA liberty city stories, Strangers Wrath and Sonic All Star Racing. Not bad for £2.50p (monthly cost of +)

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Never will. Don't need it.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#15 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Well, it's rather the other way round: owning the Vita contributed to my PS4 purchase now. At least for Europe Sony confirmed also PS4-Vita bundles around Christmas already, but I don't know if this includes the new Vita "light" yet.

Besides using the Vita as remote playing device it is also AR that is being supported, as likewise for some PS3 games before, it is however up to developers to make use of this option in their games, I reckon.

chiro4life06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chiro4life06
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

Been on the fence for awhile now. Having recently bought PS4 I have wanted one even more, so I jumped on the Amazon deal. Cannt wait to try remote play.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Yea I'm waiting to see when they release the LCD model with better battery in the US. If they do (I assume they will) I hope they do it by February, not March. It also depends on when they release Vita TV in the west. If its $149 Vita TV with DS3 controller vs $199 Vita 2000 I might go with the TV unit. I'd like to play my PS4 anywhere but realistically I graduate next year so I'd only be using that feature for a few months before I get stuck at either work or home with no time to play handhelds in between.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

No, none of us are handheld gamers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I did have plans at one point to get a PlayStation Vita, but now I will never get one. I feel like the PlayStation Vita is too much like the PlayStation Portable; I feel there is not enough support for the PlayStation Vita and I am not interested in most of the video games for it, besides maybe Japanese exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Been there, done that. It was a nice handheld, but that killer-app was nowhere to be found. There were a few games with nice potential, but no fully-featured adventures. And most of the downloadable titles started to straddle the line between app games and handheld games.

If you want a wide variety of indie games that you can quickly switch between to keep you entertained, and you want to take advantage of PS Plus on a handheld, then the Vita might be a decent choice. But don't go into it expecting console-quality gaming experiences on a handheld like I did.

In the end, not to make this into a system wars thread, but I feel that the 3DS offers a much better selection of handheld games and is the better handheld gaming system. I think the sales and trends speak to that statement. The Vita, like it or not, is a very experimental game device.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

Remote play feature certainly made the portable very appealing, but it's more than just a pricey accessory for the PS4. The Vita has a solid library across all genres and is backwards compatible too.

Also, I would rather have games unique to the Vita rather than what Sony touted it to be. She doesn't have to go extra lengths copying her home console sisters if she can make an identity of her own. At least that's what I think.

Syncotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Syncotic
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

nope I got a Wii U already for remote play and a DS Lite and PSP GO for on the go entertainment. I might consider it when price drops ridiculously low like the PSP's did but right now I already have remote play for certain titles.

ConorHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ConorHat
Member since 2013 • 141 Posts

lolno, I'm not even buying a Playstation this time around. Gonna upgrade my rig and get ready for 4K gaming.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

why would i buy a 2nd?