Are there any good zombie games for the PS3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lrsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lrsp
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts
...besides Resident Evil 5 or top down view PSN downloadable games out there? I really want to play a good zombie game on my PS3 but Left 4 Dead games for example are xbox and pc only. I really don't know why. They would probably make more money including the PS3 too. Right? Oh well.
Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Left 4 Dead wont come to the PS3 because Valve fear the PS3 and can't be bothered learning about any new technology. Just saw the boss of that company for the first time f**k he's disgusting.....anyway when I need a zombie fix I go for Nazi Zombies in World at War but really there isn't much else in the way of zombie games. Dead Rising 2 comes out this year though.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Dead Rising 2 is coming out for the PS3, though the prequel was 360 only, so no demo to try.

Sorry to hear you're missing out on L4D2, try to get it for PC, amazingly fun game.

lrsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lrsp
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts

Left 4 Dead wont come to the PS3 because Valve fear the PS3 and can't be bothered learning about any new technology. Just saw the boss of that company for the first time f**k he's disgusting.....anyway when I need a zombie fix I go for Nazi Zombies in World at War but really there isn't much else in the way of zombie games. Dead Rising 2 comes out this year though.

Prince-Noctis
I still don't get Valve. They learned enough about the PS3 to make The Orange Box. Why not The Left 4 Dead Box?
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

borderlands DLC? its pretty fun but only lasts 3-6 hours haha

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Prince-Noctis"]

lrsp

I still don't get Valve. They learned enough about the PS3 to make The Orange Box. Why not The Left 4 Dead Box?

I've wondered that same thing.

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Burn Zombie Burn and Zombie Apocalypse on PSN are good.

Skull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Skull3000
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

Not Many good Traditional zombie games for ps3. there are games with another form of zombie. For example, alone inthe dark and dead space. If you're looking for traditional slow moving zombie games, then you're basically out of luck. Most games now involve a different breed of zombies, so that it actually gives the gamer a challenge. most games along the "old fashioned zombie" motif are usually boring and droning. people will disagree, but if you wan't to waste your money on a game likedead rising, go ahead. A game that involves having to kill hordes of zombies with little storyline doesn't sound that appealing. I guess wewill just have to see what the future holds in store for us.

uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
Just buy Left 4 Dead 2, that's all you'll need.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

not much really. nazi zombie is all i could think of. and RE5 lol

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
Meh, I tried Left4Dead 2 and I got pretty bored of it early on.

[QUOTE="lrsp"][QUOTE="Prince-Noctis"]

Phoenix534

I believe it was EA who ported it, not Valve.
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

maxx1458
which one do you think is better?
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Well for one Valve didn't port it...One of EA internal studios ported it. Secondly have you played The Orange Box...it's an god aweful port. Frame rate drops(in Halflife and Portal), constant freezing(in Halflife), and TF2 didn't even work when it first came out(nor do i know if it even works now).
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#14 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

Prince-Noctis
So you choose to believe. VALVe has been trying with the ps3. But the convoluted nature of the ps3 SDK (and even more with the open-source linux versions available out there without having to pay Sony $33k for a commercial SDK), coupled with the relative lack of support from Sony for their purchase and effort... and the fact that they simply don't have as large a staff as a company like EA could hire, meant that they decided it was not worth their time to hassle with it further. For Orange Box, they passed the labors of porting the finished build to the ps3 to EA, as well as the rights to publish (read: put on disc) the PC, 360 and ps3 version respectively. However, EA made numerous changes to the oiginal build to make it function on the ps3, many of which make it binary-incompatible with VALVe's own post-release updates. They have yet to release post-release patches and updates for the 360 version (as far as I know) because Microsoft would rather these become pay-for DLC which is something VALVe does not like. Another zombie game was Zombie Apocalypse on the PSN. It's a rather amusing thing at least from the demo.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="maxx1458"]

Arctic_Grillz

I personally liked Burn Zombie Burn more because of the weapons and zombie types.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Arctic_Grillz"][QUOTE="maxx1458"]

aznfool07

I personally liked Burn Zombie Burn more because of the weapons and zombie types.

I'll second what he said. Burn Zombie Burn is one of my favourite PSN titles.

Nate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Nate_
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

Well theres Dead Space :D You could make the aliens look like zombies using your imagination :D

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

Phoenix534

Valve didn't make The Orange Box on PS3. EA ported it from the 360 to the PS3.