are there any good ps3 releases in the future?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts

Hi guys, so I haven't really been on gamespot in awhile, but I was wondering if there are any upcoming games on the ps3. Right now I am deciding if I should sell or trade in my ps3 for a ps4 or xb1. I would only consider it if there are no good games coming out in the future. The last game I played was south park, and I have never played a MGS game before so ground zeros is probably a no go for me.

Thanks

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Depends on what you define as good games? For me I have Dark Souls 2, FFX HD, Blazblue, and KH 2.5 HD which will last at least a year before I jump on the PS4.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bizzy420

@DivineSword said:

Depends on what you define as good games? For me I have Dark Souls 2, FFX HD, Blazblue, and KH 2.5 HD which will last at least a year before I jump on the PS4.

Divine, well that's the thing. I am not super picky about games, but I don't play a lot of games. Dark souls looks interesting, and I did play a game called demon souls which I liked. I think that may be similar to dark souls. I do play fighting games like street fighter, but those I usually play at a friends house. I enjoy some rpgs like dragons dogma & FF13 ( I know the reviews aren't great for those games, but I had fun). Don't really care much for Gta games. I played GTa5 but it was borrowed from a friend. I normally don't buy gta games, and I know I am in the minority when it comes to that. I would have to say that my favorite games in the last generation are The last of us, bioshock infinite, and red dead redemption.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Most of the upcoming games for ps3 could be bought for ps4.

I think Dark souls 2 and South park was the last games made specifically on last gen consoles. Someone correct me if im wrong.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bizzy420

thanks marcheegsr. the ps3 has been good to me and I am thinking that it's about that time to grab a ps4 or xb1. just wanted to make sure that I am not missing out on some good games in the future.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

@bizzy420 said:

Hi guys, so I haven't really been on gamespot in awhile, but I was wondering if there are any upcoming games on the ps3. Right now I am deciding if I should sell or trade in my ps3 for a ps4 or xb1. I would only consider it if there are no good games coming out in the future. The last game I played was south park, and I have never played a MGS game before so ground zeros is probably a no go for me.

Thanks

Why don't you pick up some older great PS3 titles? The PS3 has a huge library of great games and I doubt you played the majority of them. Don't dismiss some older great PS3 titles because it is a couple years old. There were a ton of great highly rated games that were released in 2012 and 2013 so you should have plenty to choose from. As for future released games.... I would say "The Evil Within", "Murdered", "Until Dawn" and especially "Dying Light".

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bizzy420

Bh14,

I went through the list of games here at gamespot, and pretty much played the ones that I thought would be interesting. I do play some online, but I've been really enjoying single player games for the past year or so. What are some of the games that you really enjoy? I don't mind playing older games at all, actually a few months ago I played batman arkham city for the first time and really liked it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yeah don't worry about the future for now, look back at a tonne of great games you probably missed or never got around to. I traded in my PS3 for the next-gen consoles and now I'm going to buy another PS3 (they're so cheap) because I missed and never finished a lot of great games

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@bizzy420 said:

@DivineSword said:

Divine, well that's the thing. I am not super picky about games, but I don't play a lot of games. Dark souls looks interesting, and I did play a game called demon souls which I liked. I think that may be similar to dark souls. I do play fighting games like street fighter, but those I usually play at a friends house. I enjoy some rpgs like dragons dogma & FF13 ( I know the reviews aren't great for those games, but I had fun). Don't really care much for Gta games. I played GTa5 but it was borrowed from a friend. I normally don't buy gta games, and I know I am in the minority when it comes to that. I would have to say that my favorite games in the last generation are The last of us, bioshock infinite, and red dead redemption.

Dark Souls is a spiritual successor, they play basically the same.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bizzy420

based on the games that I listed such as the last of us, red dead redemption, bioshock infinite, dragons dogma, and ff13, what would you guys recommend based on those games?

edit: thanks sk8ter7, I checkout some videos and the style looked similar but I wasn't sure or not.

taciturnboy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 taciturnboy88
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Castlevania lords of Shadow 2 is all i can think of

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

Persona 5 and Tales of Xillia 2 for me

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Persona 5, Mighty Nr 9, FFX HD, Tales of Xillia 2, and many games that come out yearly will continue to come for PS3

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Persona 5, Mighty Nr 9, FFX HD, Tales of Xillia 2, and many games that come out yearly will continue to come for PS3

Persona 5 is only coming out for ps3 not ps4?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#16 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Persona 5 is only coming out for ps3 not ps4?

As far as i know, but there are still cross gen games coming from the west

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Persona 5 and Tales Of Xillia 2. Though I'm starting to wonder when we'll see Xillia 2, as it was meant to be released "early 2014" but theres still no sign of a release date.