Are PSN users truly Rude & Ignorant?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for british02081979
British02081979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 British02081979
Member since 2015 • 57 Posts

I've had bad experiences with PSN users in 2015 & in my PS3 years & in the past on the the Unofficial PlayStation Forums which resulted in a permanent ban from them Forums. I'm don't have any personnel grudges against any PSN user. I'm undecided wether to renew my PlayStation Plus on Christmas morning on a new account & to readd my friends on my new account or not? In 2015 i don't think i got my £40 worth on PSN as it was always down for maintenances

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#2 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

What?

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

I guess theres just no way to meet people on PSN when you play rpgs, actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Well I'm not a big user of online gaming ... so take my 2cent for what it is... I played my share of Borderlands 2, Bloodborne and some Little big Planet online and everytime it was great, with very helpful gamers and some of the chat I had were very interesting and not always about games.

But it is the internet and it is full of assholes. I know that in shooters, a lot of people scream very insane shit thinking they are tough or whatnot.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Why create a new account? Just delete those you don't want on your friends list and block those you no longer want communication from.

Also, jerks on the internet is far from exclusive to PSN. My experience with Xbox Live on Halo 2 was by far my worst online gaming experience; so bad that I sold my at the time new Xbox and never bought another. Aside from in game interactions, if you want the lowest common denominator for horrible online interactions, look no further than on Gamespot's very own system wars forum.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Telekill said:

Why create a new account? Just delete those you don't want on your friends list and block those you no longer want communication from.

Also, jerks on the internet is far from exclusive to PSN. My experience with Xbox Live on Halo 2 was by far my worst online gaming experience; so bad that I sold my at the time new Xbox and never bought another. Aside from in game interactions, if you want the lowest common denominator for horrible online interactions, look no further than on Gamespot's very own system wars forum.

That seems like pretty drastic over-reaction relative to what is taking place.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@nyadc: Call it what you want but this wasn't one or two users. Literally 90% of the matches I played for the month I owned the system had multiple ass**les and because every Xbox came with a mic, everyone got a voice... unfortunately. Couple that my brother not having a compatible gaming schedule with me (reason I bought the system) and not having much fun, getting rid of the Xbox was a logical move.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Never demonize a group of people because of your interaction with a few. I have friends on both the PSN and XBL....some good, some bad.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

All networks are filled with jackasses, just don't pay attention to them or report them.

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

I think it's really that young kids and teens are really rude in general. Parents don't parent anymore and don't teach their children proper public behavior. They forget that online gaming is the same as being in public and that just because you do not see a person doesn't mean they deserve to be mistreated. Kids have this "i can do and say whatever I want" attitude because parents don't correct the behavior. I always make my children act as though they are in public and use proper manners or they are banned from the machine. I don't think it's the PSN players and it's world-wide too.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@british12252015: Way to generalize.

All the networks, including internet forums, are filled with rude people.

@MarcRecon said:

Never demonize a group of people because of your interaction with a few. I have friends on both the PSN and XBL....some good, some bad.

QFT.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Mainly the little kids who get on COD and say they're MLG when they finish out a team deathmatch at 1-20 yeah that's MLG alright. I hate running into the trolls on psn or people who speak in a different language you can't understand.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#13 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Such a stereotypical stance can sum-up any online community. But the truth is different people equals different attitude. I'm apart of 6 big PS dedicated communities, some since the PS2 and we're friendly and look out for each other. Mostly use GFAQs to discuss but with the new PSN Community feature we're all moving to that slowly. It won't be long till I ditch these forums altogether lol :P

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Rudeness on the internet isn't exclusive to PSN users. It's everywhere online.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#15 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Welcome to the Internet, pal.

fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

@british12252015: Stereotyping people isn't a good thing. Choose the people you interact with. Pretty simple.

ukcrazyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ukcrazyguy
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts

Mute button, problem solved

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Every network has people like that in them. The best thing to do is just block and ignore them.

Seanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Seanh
Member since 2015 • 203 Posts
@MarcRecon said:

This.