Are HD collections a thing of the past?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

I love the HD collections of some of the classic PS2 games, and am looking forward to Kingdom Hearts Collection #2. With PS Now coming out, it seems useless for them to make any more of these, which saddens me a bit. I like the remastered graphics and sound on some of my favorite older games. What do you think?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

depends on who owns the game what they want and if they are willing to use the resources to remake the game. also a good emulator could do the same thing

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

I think we'll see HD Collections coming out as not all 3rd party companies would be on board Playstation Now on day one. Would love to see Capcom do a Onimusha HD Collection like they did with DMC.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I have a feeling we will see less and less of these HD collections. I know it sucks.

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

I hope they still make them

I'm not a fan of streaming games

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I think we will see a good bit them. The majority of consumers still would like a hard copy of certain classics, so I do not see the collections going away. PlayStation Now only offers to play games through digital methods, and it will most likely allow trophy support for older PS titles. Depending on PS Now's price point, it could be a good service. Hopefully the service is $15 at the most per year.

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#7 thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

The last time Sony significantly supported collections and HD collections was back in 2012. Ever since 2013 and onwards, they didn't or barely care for it so it's suggesting that HD collections might be a thing of the past unfortunately.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I still want HD collections personally, and i don't think they will stop. It's easy for them to do it and doesn't cost them a lot of money and they could potentially get a lot of money for it

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I would like to have HD collections on the PS4. Or at least on the PSN store for download. PlayStation Now is cool and I would love to have it as an option but it does not look like you get to "own" any games.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#10 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@pillarrocks said:

I think we'll see HD Collections coming out as not all 3rd party companies would be on board Playstation Now on day one. Would love to see Capcom do a Onimusha HD Collection like they did with DMC.

I'd just love a new Onimusha game…