Are COD4/MW2 worth it still with all the multiplayer hacks?

spiffyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spiffyj
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I have an extremely dated PS3 game library and am looking to buy some new games. I have done some research and COD4 and MW2 keep coming up in the lists of must own games that are in my price range ($19) but recently I have seen people complaining that the multiplayer is worthless with all of the hackers that are on there now. I do not have the budget to buy brand new games for those that would suggest a PS4 or the brand new fancy games. The reviews of both titles keep saying that the campaign is ok but the multiplayer is the real selling feature but these reviews were all made prior to all of the god mode hacks going around. Any thoughts?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

cod 4 isnt working properly. You have to do disconnect the internet completely (not just signed off but disable wifi or unplug ethernet cable) just to be able to access the single player campaign. mp has been dead because of that. but sp campaign is awesome.

mw2 is ok on the single player wise, but mp is a whole other story. You would be lucky to get into a legit lobby.

why dont you just buy used games? there are plenty of good games to be had for less than $20.

spiffyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spiffyj

@spiffyj: I am hesitant to buy used games because I have never bought one before and would be concerned about bringing one home or buying one online only to find it scratched and unplayable.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@spiffyj said:

I have an extremely dated PS3 game library and am looking to buy some new games. I have done some research and COD4 and MW2 keep coming up in the lists of must own games that are in my price range ($19) but recently I have seen people complaining that the multiplayer is worthless with all of the hackers that are on there now. I do not have the budget to buy brand new games for those that would suggest a PS4 or the brand new fancy games. The reviews of both titles keep saying that the campaign is ok but the multiplayer is the real selling feature but these reviews were all made prior to all of the god mode hacks going around. Any thoughts?

I've been playing COD4's MP all weekend with no problems, I ran into a couple of hacked games but the rest where clean! The graphics look a little dated, but the game is still fun as hell and there was no long wait times in the lobby....can't believe the community is still very strong.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@spiffyj said:

@spiffyj: I am hesitant to buy used games because I have never bought one before and would be concerned about bringing one home or buying one online only to find it scratched and unplayable.

go to gamestop....ask to see the disc before buying it. Ive done it a million times. but if you dont like gamestop because of their practices, then just look at amazon. they have plenty of deals for games under $20

spiffyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spiffyj

@MarcRecon: Thanks a ton MarcRecon! I have been dying to get COD4/MW2 since they came out but between financial constraints and free time constraints I was not able to get them.

spiffyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spiffyj

@jsmoke03: Thanks JSmoke03, I have never bought a used game before and I just remember renting PS1/2 games (am I dating myself much?) and being all kinds of pissed off when I got the games home and they wouldn't play.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MarcRecon

@spiffyj said:

@MarcRecon: Thanks a ton MarcRecon! I have been dying to get COD4/MW2 since they came out but between financial constraints and free time constraints I was not able to get them.

No problem, I'm sorry I couldn't really say anything about MW2 because it's been years since I've played it.

eBOOM_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By eBOOM_88
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

As far as I know MW1 isn't playable at all in MP because of a problem with the PS3's WIFI and MW2 is full oh hacked lobbies so it's not easy to find a legit one.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarcRecon

@eboom_88 said:

As far as I know MW1 isn't playable at all in MP because of a problem with the PS3's WIFI and MW2 is full oh hacked lobbies so it's not easy to find a legit one.

Serious bro, I've been playing COD4 for the last few weeks and the only real issues that I've had where a few hacked games and some occasional lag.....everything else has been ok.

spiffyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spiffyj

Would I be better off getting some of the older Battlefield games? Are they hacked?