Anyone using a codebreaker on PS3??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
Does it still let you use the microphone?  I noticed when I was playing socom 3 the other day with my gameshark that I can't even use my USB headset to listen to the audio and such.  Just wondering if it's the same with the codebreaker.  And I know for a fact that it's the gameshark because if i play without it, i can hear the lady just fine on there.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
mmm i suggest just not using game shark since games are funner without it.
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shuriken_ninja
Member since 2006 • 1161 Posts
im not.
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tonyandsteff
i just want an answer to my question, not get lectured.  its not like im goin online with it or anything, i'm just screwin around with artificial ai codes and such.  i already beat the game, now its time to manipulate it.  but i dont feel like i need to justify myself.
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shuriken_ninja
cool thats cool.
Avatar image for __King_Laharl__
__King_Laharl__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 __King_Laharl__
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
I believe that that screws around with the emulation chip, a blue tooth headset would work well though its a great investment that you will eventually partake on! [Hoped this helped]
shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shuriken_ninja
really?
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tonyandsteff
bluetooth headsets dont work with ps2 games yet.  i already have one of those.  you still have to use the wired usb headset  for the ps2 games for now.  according to a playstation support associate, it's going to be in an update in the near future.  hopefully march
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts
So, does this mean that the PS2 Codebreaker DOES work on the PS3 while playing PS2 games???
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tonyandsteff

I'm not positive thats why i'm asking.  Here's what i know and dont know -

Action Replay Max - does NOT even load in the ps3.  you get a flashing red screen

Gameshark 2 Version 1.1 - loads, will let you do everything.  but when it spits the cd out and says "load game disk and press x" it will freeze.

Gameshark 2 Version 1.2 released in September '06 - Works, but will not allow communication through the USB headset

Bluetooth headsets - do not work on PS2 games.  Sony claims they "didn't have time to get that in there" before shipping.  I heard this information first hand from a Support representative when I called the 1-800 # about the problem trying to get answers.

Codebreaker - someone on here told me it worked.  I have one, but i bought it the same time i bought the gameshark 2 V1.2 in case THAT didnt work. and im going to return it since it hasnt been opened and its 3 days old - assuming it doesnt work. if someone will just load their ps3 with codebreaker, go on socom and tell me if the headset works, then my question will be answered.  then I'll keep the codebreaker and sell the gameshark on ebay.  you cant return opened packages to gamestop where i bought it at, so if i can return it in optimal shape, i'll get full credit back.

i forgot to mention that i didnt have ANY of these things prior to buying my PS3.  I sold my PS2 with all the games except Socom 3, CA, and GTA San Andreas. 

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tonyandsteff
bump
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tonyandsteff
ok come on now i KNOW some of you guys have tried this out, so someone let me know if you've gotten the codebreaker to work on PS3!!!!!!!
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tonyandsteff
bump         AGAIN
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

I'm not positive thats why i'm asking.  Here's what i know and dont know -

Action Replay Max - does NOT even load in the ps3.  you get a flashing red screen

Gameshark 2 Version 1.1 - loads, will let you do everything.  but when it spits the cd out and says "load game disk and press x" it will freeze.

Gameshark 2 Version 1.2 released in September '06 - Works, but will not allow communication through the USB headset

Bluetooth headsets - do not work on PS2 games.  Sony claims they "didn't have time to get that in there" before shipping.  I heard this information first hand from a Support representative when I called the 1-800 # about the problem trying to get answers.

Codebreaker - someone on here told me it worked.  I have one, but i bought it the same time i bought the gameshark 2 V1.2 in case THAT didnt work. and im going to return it since it hasnt been opened and its 3 days old - assuming it doesnt work. if someone will just load their ps3 with codebreaker, go on socom and tell me if the headset works, then my question will be answered.  then I'll keep the codebreaker and sell the gameshark on ebay.  you cant return opened packages to gamestop where i bought it at, so if i can return it in optimal shape, i'll get full credit back.

i forgot to mention that i didnt have ANY of these things prior to buying my PS3.  I sold my PS2 with all the games except Socom 3, CA, and GTA San Andreas. 

tonyandsteff

Thanks for that mate! :D

My crappy Action Replay Max had that pink screen and wouldnt do anything. Now i know what to get! Thanks!:D

Side Note: Codejunkies suck anyway, they take an eternity to update their code list and even then they may not even finish. Codebreaker will have over 100 codes for one game while codejunkies will have like 20, its ridiculous!

negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
Code Breakers do not work on the PS3. :( I tried using mine and everything works well until you eject the cd and put in the PS2 disc, it will not start says there is a problem and you can retry but the PS3 won't restart with a new disc in without turning off I guess.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
So, does this mean that the PS2 Codebreaker DOES work on the PS3 while playing PS2 games???DSPX

Yes Code Breaker 9.3 does indeed work on the PS3 but any CB version earlier than 9.3 doesn't.
ahhdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ahhdeath
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts
I hope action replay works for europe and if not make a similiar product because i enjoyed certain changed ps1 games. 
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jdt532
Code Breakers do not work on the PS3. :( I tried using mine and everything works well until you eject the cd and put in the PS2 disc, it will not start says there is a problem and you can retry but the PS3 won't restart with a new disc in without turning off I guess.
negtegra

Which version CB do you have?
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DSPX

[QUOTE="DSPX"]So, does this mean that the PS2 Codebreaker DOES work on the PS3 while playing PS2 games???jdt532

Yes Code Breaker 9.3 does indeed work on the PS3 but any CB version earlier than 9.3 doesn't.

Sweet!! I just happen to have version 9.3. Now I just need to get a PS3 before they start removing the Emotion Engine from the console. Do you think that the Codebreaker will work if the PS2 games are running on a software emulator? 

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jdt532

[QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="DSPX"]So, does this mean that the PS2 Codebreaker DOES work on the PS3 while playing PS2 games???DSPX

Sweet!! I just happen to have version 9.3. Now I just need to get a PS3 before they start removing the Emotion Engine from the console. Do you think that the Codebreaker will work if the PS2 games are running on a software emulator?

I highly doubt it, Sony will make an emulator for each game similar to how M$ does BC on the 360. There's no way Sony will make an emulator for a cheating device.
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 negtegra
[QUOTE="negtegra"]Code Breakers do not work on the PS3. :( I tried using mine and everything works well until you eject the cd and put in the PS2 disc, it will not start says there is a problem and you can retry but the PS3 won't restart with a new disc in without turning off I guess.
jdt532

To be honest I don't know what version I have...does it tell me on the cover or do I have to put it in to find out?  It is in a blue folder like thing if that's any help.  It should be at least 9 point something. 

Are you saying that newer versions will work on the PS3?  If it does start the cd when you click start I might have to get a new version to play PS2 games with cheats again.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jdt532
[QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="negtegra"]Code Breakers do not work on the PS3. :( I tried using mine and everything works well until you eject the cd and put in the PS2 disc, it will not start says there is a problem and you can retry but the PS3 won't restart with a new disc in without turning off I guess.
negtegra

To be honest I don't know what version I have...does it tell me on the cover or do I have to put it in to find out? It is in a blue folder like thing if that's any help. It should be at least 9 point something.

Are you saying that newer versions will work on the PS3? If it does start the cd when you click start I might have to get a new version to play PS2 games with cheats again.

CB version 9.3 has a yellow label on the disk and it say version 9.3 on the bottom of the label. Also 9.3 is the only version confirmed to work on the PS3.
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 negtegra
CB version 9.3 has a yellow label on the disk and it say version 9.3 on the bottom of the label. Also 9.3 is the only version confirmed to work on the PS3.jdt532

Hmmm, mine's yellow but it doesn't say 9.3 on the bottom. In fact it doesn't say any version number and doesn't load the PS2 game when I put it in the PS3, so I'd have to assume I don't have 9.3 eh?
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DSPX
Does anyone know when they will start leaving the Emotion Engine out of the PS3? I have to have $2000 worth of dental work done, and I have massive credit card debt, so it will be a long time before I can get a PS3. My only option is to charge it, which will make my debt much worse.
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DSPX

negtegra

Yep, I'm having the same problem, and I'm using Codebreaker version 9.3. I wish they would make a PS3 Codebreaker. It would work since the console doesn't reboot when you eject a disk like the XBox 360 does.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tonyandsteff

[QUOTE="negtegra"]Code Breakers do not work on the PS3. :( I tried using mine and everything works well until you eject the cd and put in the PS2 disc, it will not start says there is a problem and you can retry but the PS3 won't restart with a new disc in without turning off I guess.
DSPX

Yep, I'm having the same problem, and I'm using Codebreaker version 9.3. I wish they would make a PS3 Codebreaker. It would work since the console doesn't reboot when you eject a disk like the XBox 360 does.

True, but a simple update would fix that in a hurry if it was brought to sony's attention.  Well, so far folks all we have that works is a Gameshark 2 V1.2, and Codebreaker V 9.3.  I honestly don't know what sony's standpoint is on situations like this, but i am assuming that because of the horrible cheating on Socom online, they are trying their best to not let that happen to games in the future like Resistance and such.  Which I totally agree with!  However, it's really nice to have that vote=boot code in socom for both cheaters, and the little kids that swear all day long and never shut up and just keep talkin smack.  But aside from that I don't see needing to use any other codes online.  Mainly because if you get caught, you can get banned from online play based on the serial number of the system you are playing on. 

foreverzero89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foreverzero89
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
ok has anybody have this problem: the disc loads but before it to the part that says loading my controller disconects from the system and my ps3 tell to press the ps button then all my controller does is flash all four red lights and gets stuck. anyone have this kind of prob?
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

I wasn't even aware they still make those

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

ok has anybody have this problem: the disc loads but before it to the part that says loading my controller disconects from the system and my ps3 tell to press the ps button then all my controller does is flash all four red lights and gets stuck. anyone have this kind of prob?foreverzero89

doyouhavesomeotherUSBdevicesconnectedtoyourPS3?d/cthem

bryanj2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bryanj2006
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts
how can i get my ps2 codebreaker 9.3 to work online, my internet is coming from my router. i put in the dns server code and the ip address and anthe subnet code whatother code do i have to have. my internet is dsl. and YES version 9.3 does work on PS3
chooca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chooca
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts
it worrks! 9.3 even on ps3's newest firmware with EE inside. what you need to do is TURN OFF automatic eject tray in code breaker and take out the CB disc and put your game disc in before you hit start game! let it load like 3 sec, and hit start! it'll go without a hitch!