anyone remember the FF7 rendered video from before the PS3 launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
wasnt there speculation over whether an actual remade ff7 game was being created...whatever happened to that?
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

wasnt there speculation over whether an actual remade ff7 game was being created...whatever happened to that? slvrraven9

Topics like this died a long time ago. It was just to show the ps3's power and is not going to be an actual game.

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
Did you ask if anyone remembered the video? Hang around the ps3 boards a while and you will see there is at least one topic created every single day about someone "demanding" a ps3 remake of FF7. They are "demanding" it because of the tech demo shown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]wasnt there speculation over whether an actual remade ff7 game was being created...whatever happened to that? MusashiSensi

Topics like this died a long time ago. It was just to show the ps3's power and is not going to be an actual game.

Blasphemy. Madness
rhyumavampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rhyumavampire
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts
That video has pretty much been burned into the retinas of any FFVII fan dude. As for a remake, nothing has been confirmed, but there have been plenty of hints toward it to give some hope. Don't listen to all these people that say "Just let it go, it's never going to happen." Yeah, they know that about as much as we know that a remake WILL happen. (which we don't.) While I don't sit around all day making "DEMAND" posts about it being remade, I'm confident that it will be eventually. Just wait patiently man, and let Square Enix finish up with FFXIII first.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

I was curious.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/928303/6124987/final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slvrraven9
im always hopeful for this one...hopefully right after XII well see or hear something about it
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
Everyone knows FFXIV is the actual FFVII remake. Its gonna be twice as good as FFVII because seven times two equals fort-teen.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Everyone knows FFXIV is the actual FFVII remake. Its gonna be twice as good as FFVII because seven times two equals fort-teen.Zidaneski

Lol, good analogy. And yet that game is so far down the road.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
If you search, there is also a video for the PS 2 introduction done with the Waltz scene in Final Fantasy VIII, yet, FF VIII was never remade for the PS 2.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts

Given the demand for a FFVII remake for current gen consoles is extremely high, given that SE hasn't had that stellar of a financial year in 2007 they may just do this.

Then again this will probably be considered a new game based on what will need to change: Updated script (translation updates ex. FFVI on PS1 and FFVI on DS) voice actors, graphics, animations, music, etc etc. So if they do this it probably won't be till FFv13 is out.

Steve_ps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Steve_ps
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

I read an interview that said most people on the final fantasy team are working on XIII and versus etc. so not to expect a remake soon but he did say that we could start speculating a few years down the line.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slvrraven9
dangit, a few years down the line we could be on the PS4 or xbox 720 or god know what console by then.....well mabey not the PS4 given how long sony systems last
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]wasnt there speculation over whether an actual remade ff7 game was being created...whatever happened to that? avataraang1

Blasphemy. Madness

idunno but i lov eyour sigs lol

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

If you search, there is also a video for the PS 2 introduction done with the Waltz scene in Final Fantasy VIII, yet, FF VIII was never remade for the PS 2.kenshinhimura16

Yea, and if you ask me... the PSX version was better.

Anyways, that's besides the point. It will not happen until they can bring all the original developers back to the drawing board. And when it happens, fans will be dissapointed. It's that simple.

I honestly expect the developers to find their graves before a remake is ever produced. Sure, you can go on about Final Fantasy I - VI and their respective remakes... but those are relatively low tech, not even their remakes can hold a candle to the original Final Fantasy VII in terms of graphical quality.

I would be a great deal happier to see the Final Fantasy XIII than a remake of Final Fantasy VII. We've already been through the story... is a graphical revamp really that important to you guys?

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]If you search, there is also a video for the PS 2 introduction done with the Waltz scene in Final Fantasy VIII, yet, FF VIII was never remade for the PS 2.TrueProphecy22

Yea, and if you ask me... the PSX version was better.

Anyways, that's besides the point. It will not happen until they can bring all the original developers back to the drawing board. And when it happens, fans will be dissapointed. It's that simple.

I honestly expect the developers to find their graves before a remake is ever produced. Sure, you can go on about Final Fantasy I - VI and their respective remakes... but those are relatively low tech, not even their remakes can hold a candle to the original Final Fantasy VII in terms of graphical quality.

I would be a great deal happier to see the Final Fantasy XIII than a remake of Final Fantasy VII. We've already been through the story... is a graphical revamp really that important to you guys?

so according to what you say, what would exactly make you more happy about the remake of VIII over VII?

I get this feeling FFVII has a much bigger legion of fans than the VIII, there must be a reason to it... and yes, i'm one of them :P

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]Everyone knows FFXIV is the actual FFVII remake. Its gonna be twice as good as FFVII because seven times two equals fort-teen.KamuiFei

Lol, good analogy. And yet that game is so far down the road.

Yeah, first we need FFXIII :)

I need FFXIII NOW Square :cry:

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]wasnt there speculation over whether an actual remade ff7 game was being created...whatever happened to that? avataraang1

Blasphemy. Madness

Madness??

This...

is...

GAMESPOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

*kicks j00*