Anyone Like Me Not Excited For Final Fantasy XIV (14)???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Valkyriareaper1
Valkyriareaper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Valkyriareaper1
Member since 2009 • 526 Posts

I was a bit excited at first when Sony announced it. But once they showed it I said you know what, Im not getting this. As you can tell Im not a fan of MMOs. I also cannot figure out why people (oh and the fanboys which are seperate from the people) are excited for this game. Oh and I do not see how this is a mark for the PS3, its an MMO. Not really groundbreaking. However do I think it will sell well... yes... will it do well critically... yes. But I do not want to play an MMO without a story, which is why Phantasy Star is not a big blockbuster series anymore. But Final Fantasy 14 personally I am not at all excited for it. But Im sure most of you are. I am hyped for XIII, I am excited for Versus XIII and Agito XIII. But not XIV. Anyone Like Me Not Excited For Final Fantasy XIV (14)???

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I'm not. Not a fan of MMORPGs and I honestly do not think the Final Fantasy franchise needs to venture there (as it just doesn't fit). But that's just me..

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I don't get excited for any MMO, especially not P2P. Final Fantasy XI and XIV are no exceptions.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
im not excited and i dont think it will sell well.
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
if you dont like mmorpg's i dont except you to be excited. Final Fantasy XIV is for people who love the Final Fantasy series AND the mmorpg genre.
randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

hmm i havent really looked into it but now after reading ur post ima do my reserch. it sounds like a cool concept cuz i do like FF and i do like MMO's so if done right this cud be perfect for me. ill let u know

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58395 Posts

How would an MMO work on a console?

not being a smartass, I am genuinely curious.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Denji

Didn't XI dwindle off quickly?

Avatar image for Valkyriareaper1
Valkyriareaper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Valkyriareaper1
Member since 2009 • 526 Posts

How would an MMO work on a console?

not being a smartass, I am genuinely curious.

mrbojangles25

Well usually it does work, ever heard or played Phantasy Star. That is usually how it works.

Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts

FFX was the last good FF imo. I dont liek them now.

jacky531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jacky531
Member since 2007 • 1121 Posts

I'm not. Not a fan of MMORPGs and I honestly do not think the Final Fantasy franchise needs to venture there (as it just doesn't fit). But that's just me..

Denji
randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

hmm i havent really looked into it but now after reading ur post ima do my reserch. it sounds like a cool concept cuz i do like FF and i do like MMO's so if done right this cud be perfect for me. ill let u know

randino84

ok i think ive seen enough. FF14 seems like its going to be to complicated and boring of an MMO so this games a no for me. ill stick to FF13 and WoW

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Denji

[QUOTE="randino84"]

randino84

ok i think ive seen enough. FF14 seems like its going to be to complicated and boring of an MMO so this games a no for me. ill stick to FF13 and WoW

Well, you could always check and see how well FF11 turned out :lol:

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Denji

Um, no? FFXI experienced quite a bit of success. Didn't surpass WoW or anything, but it's still going strong, and still has a large fanbase in the 4-6 million range.

I for one am really looking forward to FFXIV. The class system is far superior to WoW's, as is the graphics. The whole game is scored by Nobuo Uematsu (drool) and a strong story is present. The weapon growth system is going to work really well, especially with all of the classic available equipment and abilities in the FF universe. Now, MMO's aren't for everyone. That's fair enough, but FFXIV is gonna be pretty successful. There's already a large cult community following every piece of info they can find, as well as pre launch guilds forming.

Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Yeah I'm probably not gonna get it since there's going to be a monthly fee to play. I'm not a huge fan of MMORPG's either.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
nope, not excited at all.. but what i am excited for is the DC Universe MMO
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Khadaj32

Um, no? FFXI experienced quite a bit of success. Didn't surpass WoW or anything, but it's still going strong, and still has a large fanbase in the 4-6 million range.

I for one am really looking forward to FFXIV. The class system is far superior to WoW's, as is the graphics. The whole game is scored by Nobuo Uematsu (drool) and a strong story is present. The weapon growth system is going to work really well, especially with all of the classic available equipment and abilities in the FF universe. Now, MMO's aren't for everyone. That's fair enough, but FFXIV is gonna be pretty successful. There's already a large cult community following every piece of info they can find, as well as pre launch guilds forming.

The last I've heard of it, it was on the fail path. But I guess I was wrong:P

uyiop0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uyiop0t
Member since 2009 • 615 Posts
I loved FF 11 when it came out, and would love to get this, but the monthly subscription fee will probably put the damper on it. I would if I could, but I probably won't be able to.
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

Ehhh yeah im not too excited about buying a game and then having to pay monthly to continue to play it.

_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
why do they make the characters cute, and unreal ?
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
How much would the monthly fee be?
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Personally I'm not excited for anything that has Final Fantasy anywhere in the title :?

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 marcl18123

Personally I'm not excited for anything that has Final Fantasy anywhere in the title :?

Ospov

:shock:

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm excited. I liked XI a lot, but I joined the party too late so it was rough getting anything going for me. I'm looking forward to being in the first wave of players this time around.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

I'm excited. I liked XI a lot, but I joined the party too late so it was rough getting anything going for me. I'm looking forward to being in the first wave of players this time around.

yokofox33
Same here. Played until level 12 and it was really fun but then it got really difficult to find parties to level any more so I stopped playing the game. And since they want to make it more like WoW I guess that means you can do some stuff on your own so I might give the game a try :P
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

MMO on console? Pass.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

marcl18123

:shock:

I know I know...I'm a weirdo. I've just never been able to get into any of them and it's very hard for me to like them. :(

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 marcl18123

MMO on console? Pass.

Gxgear
its not like you cant plug a mouse and keyboard up to the ps3 so i don't see what the problem.
Sparda_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 Sparda_13
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

I have no idea what to think about FF14... only FF I ever played was FF10-2 and I hated it, purely for the combat and having to level up all the time.

IF FF14 has the create-your-own-character feature I MAY consider it, just MAY. I just really like the create-your-own character and do quests/missions with him thing like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

If it doesn't have that feature then I won't even consider it. I could check if it does but I'm downright lazy....

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I agree. I'm not excited for XIV at all

I'm not really into MMOs

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

MMO on console? Pass.

Gxgear

on ps3 AND computer

EDIT: 11 handled mmo on consle pretty good

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Never was, and never will be, i dislike the genre

Box_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Box_Fresh
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts
I'm anxious as to see what FF14 plays like. XI was fantastic, a struggle to start but it was worth it for everything that it did so well. Teamwork in parties and alliances actually felt like every individual was making a difference, the story and cut scenes were beautiful and intriguing and actually made you fight that much harder in your quests to see what happened next. Even to date i still haven't played another MMO that comes near it.... WoW is poo. And XI was controlled easily with a keyboard (for chatting) and gamepad (for everything else). I played it on PC and 360. I just hope that in trying to find a broader audience with FF14 that they don't dumb everything down. I hope voice chat is implemented so i can actually talk to other english speaking ppl but they should still keep how XI had auto translated words and phrases which made playing with foreigners easy.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

When they first showed the footage, I'll admit, I was excited because I loved the way it looked. Then, however, they announced that it was an MMO, and my enthusiasm quickly disappeared as I have no interest in MMOs.

Oh well, cool for those that want it, but I won't be buying FFXIV

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Not me although my brother probably is, i just cant get myself into rpg games' maybe fallout 3 is the only one i enjoy.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

Well I am existed. I've signed up for the Beta. I can't wait.

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

I like FF but I don't like monthly fees to play a game this is the same reason I didn't play the last online one.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I've never played an mmo before...

I have mixed feelings... I signed up for the beta, I want to like it, but I'm not sure if I'm totally into it.

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
I just don't like MMO so I really don't care about XIV, obviously not anyone is excited about this game like it happens with any, and for the guy that said it won't sell is ridiculous, in Japan everybody loves FF and everybody loves MMORPGs, make your own conclusions, anything that makes Square make money is good for me as it will end up on the next KH, Versus Development and every RPG that I love, still for me XIV is just the reason Versus development is so slow
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

I have no idea what to think about FF14... only FF I ever played was FF10-2 and I hated it, purely for the combat and having to level up all the time.

IF FF14 has the create-your-own-character feature I MAY consider it, just MAY. I just really like the create-your-own character and do quests/missions with him thing like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

If it doesn't have that feature then I won't even consider it. I could check if it does but I'm downright lazy....

Sparda_13
well my friend the reason you hate Final Fantasy is because you played the most awful title in the series, maybe you weren't informed anyway, FFX-2 is a very bad spin off, and it's designed for crazy fans of FFX I played it and I found it horrible, If you wan't to be called a a true RPG player you should try FFVII or if you are too lazy to play an old game you can just consider trying FFXIII though I don't know how it will turn out, FFs tend to be awesome no matter the number btw I'm sure you'll be able to create your character, we are talking about a modern MMORPG aren't we?