anyone irked by uncharted 3 title ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

realblood33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 realblood33
Member since 2010 • 752 Posts

"drake's deception" kinds gives away that either drake deceives or gets deceived, by who ? obviously only ND knows. but if the high point of the game is going to revolve around this scenario wouldnt it make sense to kinda keep it under the rug ? and catch everyone by surprise, coz everybody is going to pop the disc and wait for that moment alluded by the title. they got away with "among thieves" as it was rather vague, but this one is kinda in your face.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#2 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I think it's a pretty lame title to be honest.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
So there is a twist in the game... Not spoiling much.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I don't think the name is that bad... I mean, the first one was Drake's Fortune, now this is Drake's Deception, does it matter that much?

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
I personally like the Title. It gives you something to think about.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

my guess is sully going to deceive him..you gotta remember, sully would do anything for fortune.

and the title is way better then the 1st game, thats for sure.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

It sounds to similar to Drake's Fortune IMO.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really hope Drake's doing the deceiving... like he's pretending to help some bad guys when really he's throwing them off the treasure trail while he gets it himself... :P I know maybe dumb idea but I think it would be cool. More interesting in my opinion than being deceived by Sully, which would just be lame in my opinion.

realblood33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 realblood33
Member since 2010 • 752 Posts

I really hope Drake's doing the deceiving... like he's pretending to help some bad guys when really he's throwing them off the treasure trail while he gets it himself... :P I know maybe dumb idea but I think it would be cool. More interesting in my opinion than being deceived by Sully, which would just be lame in my opinion.

Vari3ty

im with you. it would be refreshing to see the main protagonist doing the deceiving for a change, how many movies, comics, tv shows, games are there where the hero gets deceived by his friend ? a whole lot! and btw my favorite title is "among thieves", followed by drake's fortune and drake's deception, i got goose bumps in the scene where elena says "honor among thieves huh" and nate replies "something like that". simply epic!

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The last name is Drake just like before he was look for Drake's fortune. He is finishing quests his family never did. It could be how in the past the Drake's deceived someone and now he is on the run who knows for sure.
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
it has assonance, i like it... :P
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm actually okay with the title, deception can play out in different ways.

Now I thought Among Theives was pretty bad, which was just completely lifted from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. IIRC Uncharted 2 was called Honor Among Thieves for a while too.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

I think this should answer your questions:

According to Naughty Dog's creative director Amy Hennig, the theme of deception plays out in multiple ways throughout the threequel, from Drake doing the deceiving to Drake being deceived to some mysterious deception about Drake's very identity. The story focuses on the hero's relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor "Sully" Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub' al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter.

Entertainment Weekly

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#14 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I have no problems with the title to be honest

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

I have no problems with the title to be honest

Venom_Raptor
^Same for me.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

What irks me is people who use the word "irk".

When I first heard the title, I wasn't bothered by it, but I just felt it was somewhat lackluster.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I think Sully will deceive him. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. That would suck because I like sully.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

"drake's deception" kinds gives away that either drake deceives or gets deceived, by who ? obviously only ND knows. but if the high point of the game is going to revolve around this scenario wouldnt it make sense to kinda keep it under the rug ? and catch everyone by surprise, coz everybody is going to pop the disc and wait for that moment alluded by the title. they got away with "among thieves" as it was rather vague, but this one is kinda in your face.

realblood33

Yeah I know. It's already been said in a couple of things that I read that Nathan does get deceived, and then Nathan himself deceives someone. Its also been said that Nathan finds out about his ancestory. So maybe he gets deceived by Sir Frances Drake. Can't wait, November 1st is a long time away.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Doesn't bother me.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

my guess is sully going to deceive him..you gotta remember, sully would do anything for fortune.

and the title is way better then the 1st game, thats for sure.

LP4EVA2005
Sully Deceiving Drake has already been played out in the first Uncharted. Im sure people will be expecting it to be Sully again but I reckon it's going to be something no one saw coming, like Drake deceiving everyone :o Heck I doubt the whole premise of UC3 will be about a character deceiving another. Im sure there is a deeper meaning to the title that we wont know until we play the game Nov 1st.