Anyone getting Tom Clancey's ENDWAR

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Pro
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts

Real Time Strategy

A prominent feature of the game is the MMO real time strategy feature. Players choose a faction and engage in combat with players from opposing sides in roughly 40 battlefields spanning North America, Russia, and Europe, contributing to their side's overall success and changing the front lines on the global map. In a game ractor interview, it was revealed that players will have a personal character, and each day the front lines of the overall war will be reset based on smaller battles that have taken place. A briefing before each match will inform the player of his or her previous actions and the current global situation, as well as the possible effects of the battle that they are about to fight. There can be hundreds of battles that last an indefinite amount of time in a single territory, with the victor being the side that was the most effective; there are plans to include game play recordings of the best players' battles. There will be multiple ways to initiate new combat on a continent that's already been captured by the enemy, some examples that were given were a "D-day" ****invasion of France, amphibious landings in southern or northern Europe, and a mass invasion of Siberia through Alaska. there will be several different types of gameplay like Attrition, Siege, and Sabotage. If one faction completely defeats the others, the developers can create a new scenario based on the previous outcome and start the war over again. Also, according to Erik Brudvig, "Ubisoft didn't rule out a little 'interference' on their part if one faction was getting a little overambitious."

De Plater hinted at the game being "streamlined" with regards to units, resource management, etc. He stated that "every time [they] cut features out, it just made the game better." For example, only 12 groups are allowed under control at once, creating a "Madden at war" ****of battle. Also, the resource system will be stripped down compared to other RTS games. Each unit costs the same amount of resources, which are gained by capturing strategic points on the battlefield. There will also be "no magic" in EndWar, meaning all new units must be transported onto the battlefield by a transport vehicle.

Voice

The game will feature optional voice commands so that the player may use a headset to give orders to his troops, although the troops will only react to valid and game-related orders in certain languages, but are able to understand many accents of those languages. Hearing enemy soldiers communicate gives the player a strategic advantage to counter their attack with one of his own.

anyone thinking of buying it

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a awesome FPS, I was pretty disappointed to hear it was a RTS (I'm not big on RTS especially on consoles) but EndWar does sound pretty awesome.

Might get it.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a awesome FPS, I was pretty disappointed to hear it was a RTS (I'm not big on RTS especially on consoles) but EndWar does sound pretty awesome.

Might get it.

Timmeus

Agree. I'm didn't think it was rts. I'm not getting it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
I'll get it.
Dawson82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Dawson82
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
im not a fan of tom's
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Depends upon how well the voice commands work. And, even then I'll probably only get it on the 360 because I don't have a headset for my PS3.
huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts
Sounds interesting and it would be great to finally have an RTS on my PS3; but I'll wait until the game is out to know more about the gameplay before making a decision.
thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts

Apparently it isn't coming to any console, don't hold your breath.

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
it looks interesting but im not sure an rts is right for a console. It might work but ill wait for some reviews.
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

Apparently it isn't coming to any console, don't hold your breath.

thekodaman

your right... Oh wait, no your not... its coming to 360 and PS3...