anyone else collect store bought UMD games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

I used to collect xbox 360 and ps games. i dont know if its my old age or im just getting cheap, but im enjoying collecting the umds just as much as the 360 games. its nice because many new titles are only 20 bucks. I know there is no way you will be able to buy games for the 3ds for less then 20 bucks. they wont be able to build up a library of games at that cost for a long while.

Have folks givin up on UMD games and gone all digital? Am i alone collecting store bought UMDs

anyone got screenie shot of thier UMDs

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Reason why I don't have a Go.
SpartanWannabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpartanWannabe
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have a giant collection of psp games but most of them are back home so I dont have access to them.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#4 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I don't buy digital, only hard copy. and 3DS will most certainly spawn a large amount of low cost products, just like they're doing now.
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

It fills the purpose of having the game IMO, having the Cover, Box, Instructions, and then the Game itself. :D

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I used to collect xbox 360 and ps games. i dont know if its my old age or im just getting cheap, but im enjoying collecting the umds just as much as the 360 games. its nice because many new titles are only 20 bucks. I know there is no way you will be able to buy games for the 3ds for less then 20 bucks. they wont be able to build up a library of games at that cost for a long while.

Have folks givin up on UMD games and gone all digital? Am i alone collecting store bought UMDs

anyone got screenie shot of thier UMDs

lost_cheeto

yeah i just got TDU for $12 and i think i'll get Gran Turismo on UMD when I find it for under $20. It might be a slight hassle to keep all the umds, but i refuse to pay so much $$$ for a digital psp game. I'd rather have a umd version. I might download some PS1classics, but thats because they arent available on umd, and they are pretty cheap.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Yep. In fact, I don't even have a single game digitally purchased.

mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

I buy both digital and umd. I have 108 umd games and 181 movies. My PSN collection is even bigger.

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lost_cheeto

wow 108 is a nice collection. AS for the movies i hadnt realized they has such a selection. you shouldnt have told me that now i will end up collecting those too

SpartanWannabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpartanWannabe
I thought I had a lot of games, right now im guessing i have 25 games and about 10 movies.
thud4man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thud4man
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts
I also like touching my game media, booklet, and case. This is one of the big reasons I will not being owning a PSP Go. Being that I have only had my PSP 1000 for the past 3 weeks, I have been able to pick up a lot of games for what I consider bargain prices.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

most of my psp games are UMDs and a few are digital

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lost_cheeto

i just checked one of the stickys where folks have posted their UMD collections. holy crap man some of you guys have enough retail games to open a gamestop. i have about 60 and i thought that was alot but some of you guys are hardcore!

peteyglad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 peteyglad
Member since 2010 • 174 Posts

I have a "few" games also. Right now I am at roughly 225 UMD's give or take a couple.

Animorganimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Animorganimate
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts

I don't like to contribute to the waste already building up on this planet, so I go digital whenever I can.

I don't need a plastic case with a cheap cover print-out, and then a book that works the same digitally, as well as an actual disc that will take 100's of years to break down in the environment just because I don't have any real friends or family or life love, and feel like plastic belongings are a sum worth of my life's "value".

That's just my opinion though...and I come from the old-school generation of gamers that use to buy floppy disc PC games and then sell them back to shareware shops, because...again...I'm not a hoarder.

peteyglad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peteyglad

Not to turn this into a UMD vs. Download debate, but I like the benefits of the UMD vs the benefits of a downloaded game.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

I don't like to contribute to the waste already building up on this planet, so I go digital whenever I can.

I don't need a plastic case with a cheap cover print-out, and then a book that works the same digitally, as well as an actual disc that will take 100's of years to break down in the environment just because I don't have any real friends or family or life love, and feel like plastic belongings are a sum worth of my life's "value".

That's just my opinion though...and I come from the old-school generation of gamers that use to buy floppy disc PC games and then sell them back to shareware shops, because...again...I'm not a hoarder.

Animorganimate
Wow, that's one offensive post that could have been shortened to "I'm not a hoarder." I like plastic. It's only waste if I threw it away.
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

contribute to the waste already building up on this planet,

because I don't have any real friends or family or life love, and feel like plastic belongings are a sum worth of my life's "value".

Animorganimate

So, you mean we love contributing waste to this planet, and that we have no real friends or family and feel like plastic belongings are a sum worth of our life's value?

Fine, if that makes you sleep well tonight ;)

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I planned on never buying a digital copy of anything(always was a collector, until I met Steam). But I've gotten to the point that having games on a memory stick is a lot more efficient and downloading games is a lot easier and quicker than getting a ride to a place I hate to get games.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I planned on never buying a digital copy of anything(always was a collector, until I met Steam). But I've gotten to the point that having games on a memory stick is a lot more efficient and downloading games is a lot easier and quicker than getting a ride to a place I hate to get games.

Phoenix534
Yes, but steam actually makes digital worth it. 60 bucks for one game or buy the Valve pack every valve game for about 69 bucks if I remember right.
JacksonsGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 JacksonsGames
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

I just got a psp 1000, and I have a 16Gb memory stick. I chose, to purchase Little Big Planet as a UMD, I collect video games, and I will never change.:P

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lost_cheeto

i really went nuts today. dropped 150.00 in UMDs. got some games i really wanted. like grand tourismo umd brand new for 20. i bought prinny since i like platformers. i bought that other metal slug too. the one that isnt anthology. i hope its as funny as anthology. i cant even remember them all.

still want to pick up lunar silver star harmony and crimson gem saga

peteyglad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 peteyglad

One thing that is nice about the PSP is the number of inexpensive quality games.

Do you have a link or list of your collection?

Kakjens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Kakjens
Member since 2010 • 70 Posts

Well, i bought a PSP GO, the reason was that it's so Slim and to be honest I play rarely and only when I fly with the plane or go on trips.

So I prefered Digital stuff, not to carry UMD's with me.

But I Collect X360 games too, never touched a game on demand.

And on my PSP GO I have only like 6 games on it, I don't play that much as I said before, so I love to download them from PSN.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
For a handheld, I'm starting to dig digital distribution. For an upcoming trip, I'll have 10 PSP games and 4 PSOne games all on one device. I wont have to fumble through a pile of UMDs on the plane (and 10 PSP games + cases takes up quite a bit of space) to play the game I want every time I want to change, which tends to be somewhat often. For consoles, though, I still prefer hard copies, though. I have no idea why, but I just do.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

I buy both digital and umd. I have 108 umd games and 181 movies. My PSN collection is even bigger.

mralspsp
Whoa, that's pretty impressive. Are they all good games, or just purchased for the sake of collecting?
jmg128thinfrgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jmg128thinfrgt
Member since 2006 • 793 Posts
I collect them in the sense that I keep all my UMD's and wont trade them in for other games etc. But I still play them from time to time.
njdevilsfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 njdevilsfan85
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

I collect them in the sense that I keep all my UMD's and wont trade them in for other games etc. But I still play them from time to time. jmg128thinfrgt

Same here. I won't trade any of my games in or sell them to friends. I keep all my games. There are times where I may want to pick up a game I haven't played in a while.

SpartanWannabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpartanWannabe
Recent UMD purchases MGS PW God Of War Chains of Olympus (2nd copy other ones at home) MLB 10 The Show UMD Movies SLC Punk$10 Pursuit of Happyness$10 8 Mile $5 Mr. and Mrs. Smith $5 28 Days Later $5 Xmen $5