Anyone else annoyed about what PS did with mafia 2 demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

I was looking forward to this demo for a few weeks because its that point in the year when no good games come out and i just get bored looking at all my old games.

So 2k said the demo would be released 10th of august....its the 10th now but i searched everywhere in the playstation store, and guess what. It's Playstation plus only. WHAT THE F**K! how petty is that, sony trying to get people to subscribe to plus for a demo, and ruin peoples fun in the process. what is the point.

but i checked it and it said release date is tomorrow, so i dont know if its like a 1 day exclusive.

anyone else annoyed by playstations bull lately?

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

We've known since the start that PS+ subscribers would be getting early demos, so I can't say I'm annoyed.

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

Imagine how annoying it is for PS+ subscribers then.

All that money, and we get the demo ONE DAY EARLY! is that it?

Of course Sony are going to do it, i don't think it's "bull" i think it's all part of the marketing, it's just been handled badly IMHO

I understand your point, but it was said from day one that PS+ would include early access to demos and betas. It's not like it wasn't expected.

My argument is, after spending all that money, i want my demos a week early, not a day or two like MafiaII and Kane and Lynch!

Luckily, no demo's have been released that interest me too much, so i don't care too much!

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

We've known since the start that PS+ subscribers would be getting early demos, so I can't say I'm annoyed.

BZSIN

But the fact that the demo is out on xbox live shouldnt annoy people? Especially those who are paying for psn+?

Either way i dont care much for the game so.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

MassiveKaos

But the fact that the demo is out on xbox live shouldnt annoy people? Especially those who are paying for psn+?

Either way i dont care much for the game so.

The Mafia II demo (like many others demos) is available only to Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers, the Silver (free) accounts will have access to it next week. So Sony isn't really doing anything new here.

jakecufc8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jakecufc8888
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
Boohoohooo! That's really all I have to say about it. I have PS+ though, so I'm going to download that.
SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Im not annoyed at all, probably because I am a PS+ subscriber. However I do have a 360 so if I wasn't a PS+ subscriber I would have just played the demo on Xbox. The demo is available to ALL tomorrow.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

PS+ subscribers aren't getting anything early, the rest of us are just getting it late. Pretty lame if you ask me. If it had been a demo that I cared about, I might be slightly ticked.

TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TroubleMaker411

it's like complaining that movies are available on PPV before they are available to rent.

the solution o both problems is simple.

Pay for it!

if you're not willing to spend the money, you can't complain about not seeing the benefits.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If a publisher releases a demo on August 10th, then being able to play it on August 10th is not a "benefit". Having to wait until August 11th is a penalty. Demo's are a type of advertising for the game - making people pay to experience the advertisement as soon as it's available - lame.

TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TroubleMaker411

it doesn't matter when it's released.

PSN gets updated tomorrow, thats when non-PS+ users get it.

If it was released yesterday,or over the weekend, you would still be waiting until tomorrow to play it. That's just how PSN works

So yes, it is a benefit. PS+ gets stuff outside of the standard PSN updates.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

Nope, cause I haven't played it and never will. :)

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

I was looking forward to this demo for a few weeks because its that point in the year when no good games come out and i just get bored looking at all my old games.

So 2k said the demo would be released 10th of august....its the 10th now but i searched everywhere in the playstation store, and guess what. It's Playstation plus only. WHAT THE F**K! how petty is that, sony trying to get people to subscribe to plus for a demo, and ruin peoples fun in the process. what is the point.

but i checked it and it said release date is tomorrow, so i dont know if its like a 1 day exclusive.

anyone else annoyed by playstations bull lately?

Getix-01

Come on you have to wait till store updates in later afternoon as usual...

Oh in UK it happens tomorrow right? One day, at least PSN+ has some cool things.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#15 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

If the demo was supposed to come out today, the playstation (including playstatiion plus) doesnt update till like 6 pm or even 9pm. When it used to be on fridays it update at 12 midnight. Its a wonder why they changed it