Anyone disappointed with the new Second Son trailer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

This is in relation to the following gamespot article :-

Infamous Trailer

After watching the E3 trailer all those months ago I've been expecting big things from Second Son, the game was actually one of the reasons I wanted to get my PS4 ASAP as opposed to waiting a year or two like I did with previous generations.

However after seeing the new trailer and the light power in action I've come away from the trailer thinking the powers seem almost identical in their attacks, the only major difference seems to be how you travel either via vents or just by flying around like a neon sign.

Maybe I expected too much but right now I'm hoping they have at least one additional power set that has a fundamental difference in gameplay mechanics as opposed to shooting purple projectiles or fiery projectiles.

Any thoughts?

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

Way to early to get bent out of shape. You have not even seen all the different attacks each power offers. I will admit that the ground pound attack for both powers looks almost identical and that is stupid.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

That footage shows only a very small portion of the overall game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

It doesn't bother me. The gameplay looks very fluid and enjoyable from what I've seen.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

@cooolio said:

Way to early to get bent out of shape. You have not even seen all the different attacks each power offers. I will admit that the ground pound attack for both powers looks almost identical and that is stupid.

I'm hoping that this is just a case of me reading into the trailer too much and suckerpunch are still holding a lot of the game's mechanics back as opposed to showing us a the chunk of the gameplay in trailers. However while I agree there isn't enough content to go off it would be a shame to only have two powers in play for a character who can essentially steal powers.

And while I get that this is once again only a fraction of the game, I expected different gameplay mechanics or a different style of combat for the neon powers (something along the lines like flashbangs or a flash teleport) as opposed to it being more aiming and firing. For example in Infamous 2 the powers have different mechanics depending on your choices in the game.

That said if you look at the trailer there seem to be differences between the two slams, while the fire slam just seems to be explosive in nature, the neon slam leaves trails of neon light (around the edges of the slam) after the slam ends which hints at mechanics they haven't released to the public yet.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Hmmmmm it does just seem like he does actually what cole did to get around tho except he using smoke and fire attacks, still getting it tho,

i'm just not convinced with the destruction part, that bridge just looks awful when it crumbles, just not very good to be honest but we'll see.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

can't wait for this infamous:SS and Driveclub to get released.. As regards the video they showed some gameplay elements of the game, it looked smooth and fun !!