Any way to stop screen dimming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

Ok i have found an absolutely fatal flaw that may ruin the vita. it could even be the reason for sluggish sales. :P. j/k

is there any way to stop the screen dimming itself after about 40 seconds? im playing FF9 and in some longer cutscenes the screen goes into a power saving mode without so much as a by your leave. i have checked and set the power saving mode to 10 minutes in the settings and i have set the screen to full brightness but after 40 seconds or so it still dims.

i have to press something or move a stick to get it to come up to full brightness again. its a bit annoying.

google turned up zilch so i just wanted to double check.

thanks.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Not as far as I know. I'd like to know as well for the same reasons you do. Having to fumble around with the controls every now and then to correct the brightness is a constant (if minor) irritation. Hopefully Sony correct this in a firmware update.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I have not, but I will let you know if I find anything. I haven't even really noticed it to be honest.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Go into settings and should be something in there to change it.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts
Go into settings and should be something in there to change it.Rattlesnake_8
thanks for the suggestion :). i double checked and set the only option there to 10 minutes. i think that setting sets the amount of time before the system automatically goes into standby though.

I have not, but I will let you know if I find anything. I haven't even really noticed it to be honest.

lild1425
its grand if your playing something where you are constantly interacting with the game. dynasty warriors next is never a problem :P. its just games like FF9 where there can be longer cutscenes that it comes up.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]Go into settings and should be something in there to change it.osan0
thanks for the suggestion :). i double checked and set the only option there to 10 minutes. i think that setting sets the amount of time before the system automatically goes into standby though.

lild1425

its grand if your playing something where you are constantly interacting with the game. dynasty warriors next is never a problem :P. its just games like FF9 where there can be longer cutscenes that it comes up.

Ah! Good point.