Any way to get data from my ps5 game to my ps4?

honaichas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 honaichas
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

Long story short a very small storm fried my ps5 (and my internet) while I was playing a game (stranded deep). I was getting into the game while it happened and I still want to play it badly so I booted up my dusty ps4 and am downloading it now (through hotspot). Ik this is a long shot but do I have to start over? or can I somehow retrieve the data, like does playstation store it in a cloud?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

You might get lucky with that. The cloud is kinda hard to find. If you have Playstation Plus Membership go straight to the main page and under I think it's "options" or "settings" There you should find cloud storage. If the game automatically saves to cloud (Some don't) you might find your ps4 game save files there.

Obviously you can't play ps5 games on your ps4 so I hope it was a ps4 version.

davidoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 davidoliver
Member since 2023 • 3 Posts

No, there is no official way to transfer game data from a PlayStation 5 (PS5) to a PlayStation 4 (PS4). The PS5 and PS4 are separate gaming consoles with different hardware and system architectures.

Game data, including save files, progress, and settings, is typically tied to the specific console on which it was created. The PS5 uses a different file system and software architecture compared to the PS4, which makes direct data transfer between the two consoles unsupported.

If you want to continue playing a game on your PS4 and access your progress or save files from the PS5 version, you will need to manually recreate or start anew on the PS4. The game data is not interchangeable between the two consoles.