Any one Else thought 07 was microsoft's year and 08 will be Sonys?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Assassinslay
Member since 2007 • 1366 Posts

Not An System War Topic!

But, who else thinks that 07 was microsoft's "good year" and 08 will be sony's "good" year is it only me?

FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I disagree. 2007 was Nintendo's year. They absolutely dominated everything - consoles and handhelds. 2008 will be Sony's year though. Microsoft has been crossing around the middle, nothing really exciting or great in my opinion. I just don't think the Wii will be able to last forever.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts

just because you start the topic with "Not A system war topic" doesn't make it a non-system wars topic ;)

GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
I also agree that it was Nintendos year with the wii being sold out till this day. But I gotta say PS3 with its high price tag and limited first party games did well in my opinion.
marterikster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marterikster
Member since 2007 • 934 Posts
CUPCAKES!:D
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts

just because you start the topic with "Not A system war topic" doesn't make it a non-system wars topic ;)

zeforgotten
i'm quoting just so he can see it again. because, yes, it is a system wars topic.
Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Assassinslay
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]

tgschmidt
i'm quoting just so he can see it again. because, yes, it is a system wars topic.

Well my intention for creating the topic wasnt for people to have an war of the systems...
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
2008 is definetly the year to own or get a PS3. So many games I don't know how I'm going to have the time or money for them all.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts

2008 is definetly the year to own or get a PS3. So many games I don't know how I'm going to have the time or money for them all.EmperorSupreme

lol: To get the money: GEt a Job! ... to get the timer: Get fired from said job :P

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
I agree with the above ,07 was more the year of the Wii. "Played Galaxy last night. Was cool."

Game wise it was Micros year. But Micro had a year vs no one. And I feel Game wise 08 is a big year for Sony. But I still think 09 may be better "graphics wise" once the BS is thrown to the side. And they start to use the PS3.

Want to do a little move called "Input Lag" on the conspiracy theory behind that. Should be funny as sh^&!
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

well I don't see the Wii going much further next year, most peoples who wanted one already has one. Well not so true since Nintendo can't produce fast enough for the demand, but you have to think that the demand is higher during the holidays, parents already bought the gifts for their kid. I see another sellout for Nintendo next holiday season...

While peoples have to upgrade their X360 with each new and improve version, most peoples who wanted a X360, already has one as well. And imo, so far they doesn't have many quality games (but it's only my opinion).

So it's left up to Sony who'se doing better and better over time, the Ps3 got even a better start up then the Ps2! The Ps3 is a better system overall and as developpers gets to work with the specs, we'll see more games being released on the system, attracting more peoples... it's hard to believe Sony could go wrong...

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
I champion the idea that the Wii is not directly comparable to the PS3 and 360. The 360 captured the true gaming console market last year, and will continue its success into this year. However the PS3 has great games coming that will push them closer to being equal...Baby steps people, Sony has to catch up to Microsoft before they can pass them. This gen is far from over.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
08 and beyond is Sony's year as opposed to 08 alone,
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

well I don't see the Wii going much further next year, most peoples who wanted one already has one. Well not so true since Nintendo can't produce fast enough for the demand, but you have to think that the demand is higher during the holidays, parents already bought the gifts for their kid. I see another sellout for Nintendo next holiday season...

While peoples have to upgrade their X360 with each new and improve version, most peoples who wanted a X360, already has one as well. And imo, so far they doesn't have many quality games (but it's only my opinion).

So it's left up to Sony who'se doing better and better over time, the Ps3 got even a better start up then the Ps2! The Ps3 is a better system overall and as developpers gets to work with the specs, we'll see more games being released on the system, attracting more peoples... it's hard to believe Sony could go wrong...

LordReithgar

I agree with the Nintendo statement. I think You'll be able to get Wii sometime by spring/summer, but I can see them becomeing in in short supply again by november 08 unless there is a palethra of backstock. I still don't have a Wii yet and I want one, but the fact is that most people do have one. But then again, 120mil PS2 systems sold worldwide, and only 15mil Wii in the states so far. Hard to say - There probably still are people who want the wii.

Once Nintendo drops the tag to 199.99, they'll once again gain control. As for PS3, it will continue to successfully produce excellent exclusives throughout the new year, and third party support will ultimately continue to grow. I am personally aPlaystation supporter for the most part, but I will get a Wii at some point or another.

Assassinslay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Assassinslay
Interesting opinions =P