Any news on SO4 possibly getting a PS3 port?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
I hope it does. I have a 360 so I guess its not a big deal for me, but I'd rather play it on my PS3 because of the JRPG drought it's been going through. I'm still baffled by SO4's exclusivity to the 360 when the series has primarily been on Sony consoles. Anyone know anything on this subject?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
I don't know. SO4 could not be exclusive for the 360, otherwise it would have the green exclusive symbol on the 360 box, which it doesn't have, I don't think.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
you have a 360 eh......*blinnnnnnnng - the sound of sharp metal*
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

From Wikipedia:

When asked whether the title would release on the PlayStation 3, Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi replied "We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not. "Square Enix and The Last Hope's development team have since stated that currently there are no plans for a PS3 version.

Seeing as this is a third-party developer during these don't-bet-on-exclusives times, I feel that a PS3 port is not out of the question.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts
Guess it will be ported to ps3 sooner or later cuz most of the Xbox 360 users doasnt appreciate JRPG games and it wont do any good sales at that console,
sigh thats really sad ( dont get me wrong iam owner of both consoles but iam only saying the truth )
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

From Wikipedia:

When asked whether the title would release on the PlayStation 3, Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi replied "We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not. "Square Enix and The Last Hope's development team have since stated that currently there are no plans for a PS3 version.

Seeing as this is a third-party developer during these don't-bet-on-exclusives times, I feel that a PS3 port is not out of the question.

i think due to the potential lack of support for jrpg's from xbox owners, Square will eventually port this over.....not that i care unless it gets a 9+ on reviews...im not a fan of jrpgs that much, only a fan of FF and chrono series...
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kashiwaba
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

From Wikipedia:

WutTimeIsIt

i think due to the potential lack of support for jrpg's from xbox owners, Square will eventually port this over.....not that i care unless it gets a 9+ on reviews...im not a fan of jrpgs that much, only a fan of FF and chrono series...

LOL belive me even if it got 10/10 it wont do good sales there after all most of Xbox 360 users are FPS games babies.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
this game has to come to ps3 sooner or later. B/c as we all know 360 is pretty much done in Japan and by keeping it exclusive they will be alienating there home audience who go crazy for these types of games. A PS3 port is a must!
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hazelnutman

LOL belive me even if it got 10/10 it wont do good sales there after all most of Xbox 360 users are FPS games babies.

Kashiwaba
Hey man, not cool.
Nodashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Nodashi
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts

Guess it will be ported to ps3 sooner or later cuz most of the Xbox 360 users doasnt appreciate JRPG games and it wont do any good sales at that console,
sigh thats really sad ( dont get me wrong iam owner of both consoles but iam only saying the truth )Kashiwaba

I don't know what's about console owners and excusives - this is bullcrap. if your console is "better" your version will be better, otherwise why not wanting other people to have fun AND give money to the developers of a game you love (thus making them more inclined to make more good games like that)?

I don't have either last gen consoles but I'll grab a PS3 because of Street Fighter 4. The only reason is because Xboxes tend to melt (and to a lesser extent having a blue ray player) but I could not think worst of people that want heir gaming platform to have "exclusives".

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="WutTimeIsIt"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

From Wikipedia:

Kashiwaba

Generalization fail.
xBLACK-MAGEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 xBLACK-MAGEx
Member since 2006 • 826 Posts

From Wikipedia:

hazelnutman

that could not be any further from the truth. ive been with sony ill my gaming life becuase of all the rpgs, which are basically the only games i play (except for other games with deep stories) but after ps2, what system am i going to get? ps3 which has 1 or two exclusive jrpgs or 360 which has:

lost odyseey

blue dragon

infinite undiscovery

last remnant (for now)

star ocean 4

tales of vesperia

offerings from atlus like operation darkness (which i enjoyed at least)

and games like eternal sonata that we had years before.

its common sense.so dont say that 360 games cant appreciate, when lots of people went from ps2 to 360for that very reason. you fail at generlization.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

From Wikipedia:

xBLACK-MAGEx

that could not be any further from the truth. ive been with sony ill my gaming life becuase of all the rpgs, which are basically the only games i play (except for other games with deep stories) but after ps2, what system am i going to get? ps3 which has 1 or two exclusive jrpgs or 360 which has:

lost odyseey

blue dragon

infinite undiscovery

last remnant (for now)

star ocean 4

tales of vesperia

offerings from atlus like operation darkness (which i enjoyed at least)

and games like eternal sonata that we had years before.

its common sense.

Calm down buddy. I merely said that a SO3 port was not out of the question. That's it. Plus, I'm getting my JRPG fix from my PS3 perfectly fine thanks for asking.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kashiwaba
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

its common sense.so dont say that 360 games cant appreciate, when lots of people went from ps2 to 360for that very reason. you fail at generlization.

xBLACK-MAGEx

Well ya many people went from ps2 to 360 for rpg games and i also bought 360 for rpg games but take a look at 90% of 360 owners and you will know iam saying the truth and Xbox 360 forum is a good example it just make me feel bad all these JRPG games are going for people who doasnt appreciate them.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

So far, no Tri-Ace game managed to make it to PS3 in any form (not even news)

So I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I'm a big Star Ocean fan, so it's a major bummer to me. Only way I get by is just remembering how terrible Star Ocean 3 was.

Also I'd be willing to give up Star Ocean if it means Valkyrie Profile sequel is coming to PS3.

If 360 gets that one exclusive too, then I will have no choice but to cave in.

and I REALLY really don't want to cave in.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

Kashiwaba

Well ya many people went from ps2 to 360 for rpg games and i also bought 360 for rpg games but take a look at 90% of 360 owners and you will know iam saying the truth and Xbox 360 forum is a good example it just make me feel bad all these JRPG games are going for people who doasnt appreciate them.

Wait, I never said that... >_> Please tinker around with the quoting code thing before using it.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kashiwaba
[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"][QUOTE="xBLACK-MAGEx"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

hazelnutman

Wait, I never said that... >_> Please tinker around with the quoting code thing before using it.

Who cares whoever said it know himself :P

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Who cares whoever said it know himself :P

Oh wow, I just realized that one accidental name inclusion has created a chain of mis-quotings. Sorry, it's just that I had an incident where this guy used my name accidentally to quote some incredibly untrue person. Of course, all the hate was mis-directed at me due to this simple mistake.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

most obvious they were paid to shut up until the effective day of release of the game on PS3, so magically they'll say "the game will release on PS3 and the following day it will be in the shops

sad thing that developers, who are 100% sure a game will sell well on PS3, will still get Microsoft's dirty money and release the game on X360 where it will sell wayyy less but as they got lots of money for nothing but screw the players, they'll get a benefit anyway

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you TC. I also own a 360 but i dont intend to purchase the game for my 360 in hopes that it'll come to the ps3. I think the reason why SE doesnt admit to a ps3 version is b/c it might convince people not to purchase the 360 version if they know a ps3 version is on the horizon. Makes sense right? Anyhow i'll wait and see and if it doesnt come then i'll jus pick up the 360 version used or something. Also i notice that a lot of people dont seem to enjoy SO3 but it was my first in the series and i had a great time with it. The active battle system is the best i've ever played in an RPG. The only thing i didnt like about it was the twist they put on the storyline toward the end and how fayt (sp?) seemed kinda girlish.