Any good TPS games for PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I'm thinking about getting Vanquish after checking out a few vids. Any other good TPS out there worth considering? I'm not really into the COD, BF3 craze.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Socom 4 is so-so just dont pay too much for it. RE5 is ok too co-op wise. Enjoyed Amry of Two 40th Day as well.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
Try Uncharted, MGS isn't really a shooter but Peace Walker has a lot of cool guns in it and can be played like one. Warhawk is fun but not for everyone. RE5 sucks nuts but Army of Two can be fun (try the demo first)
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HipHopBeats

Thanks for the suggestions.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Vanquish is feckin' epic. Uncharted is pretty awesome but that goes without saying, as is red dead.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I loved Vanquish.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Vanquish is a must buy. Bloodstone is fun, albeit brief (super cheap now).. Worst multiplayer I've ever played tho. :P
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I played the Vanquish demo and it's really fun. Lost Planet 2 is also a good one, I just picked it up and it really has me hooked (so much that I'm taking some time away from playing Skyrim for it, which is difficult since Skyrim is basically amazing).

Qurb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Qurb
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

Dead Space series and Uncharted series are the best TPS's I've ever played. Oh and can't forget about GTA IV.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts
  • The whole Uncharted series
  • The Dead Space series is kind of a TPS, but also a survival game
  • Mass Effect 2 is a TPS/RPG hybrid
  • I've heard good things about Vanquish too
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I actually really liked Kane and Lynch 2. It has fairly interesting multiplayer aswell as human vs bot games.

And yeah Vanquish was pretty good. Don't forget the weapon pack DLC which you can get for like a buck, it's worth it. :)

But don't get it until later in the game or it will be too easy xD

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Dead space games are great.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HipHopBeats

I just purchased Vanquish and this game is the s***. Corny voice acting and a cliche story but this is the perfect game to play if you are looking for pure action. I hope they make a sequel eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

If you are interested in TPS, there are many different genre to choose from. If you are interested in science fiction, Dead Space 1 and 2 would be a good choice. It is in the survival/horror genre. I would also consider Assassin's Creed. EA currently has four console games released. Each version of the game goes more in depth with the story. The character development is compelling to say-the-least, but it always seems to draw in the player with each game. I would highly suggest playing Uncharted 1-3. Think of Drake (Ucharted's main character) as a cross between a male version of Tomb Raider, Indiana Jones and the lead character from the Mummy. If you are interested in RPG's, I would highly, highly suggest Mass Effect and/or Fallout! Mass Effect has a very good story. The ME universe is very detailed. You could even become engulfed with the book series just to find out what happens with particular characters before or after one of the games. Mass Effect 3 is set to be released in March. The only downside is if you don't own a XBox 360, you can't play Mass Effect 1 because it was sold as an exclusive when it was released. Fallout is also a good RPG. If you are interested in a story of what happened if we did in fact participate and were destroyed because of a nuclear war, this is a game game. Granted, you don't have to play the entire game in TPS, you can also enjoy it in FPS. I hope this information can give you some help while trying to choose a new game!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The Uncharted games are brilliant. Uncharted 1 is great, play through that before 2&3 though, as the gameplay was ironed out quite a bit. Uncharted 2 is probably THE experience of this entire generation. Uncharted 3 actually improves the gameplay in areas--the shooting isn't as good, but the fist fight combat is very very fun.

TanukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TanukiNinja
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

Uncharted and Socom 4 for multiplayer shooters.

Wet is a pretty cool, gritty, and action third person. Should also check out Lost Planet 1&2, those are great don't listen what most reviews give 2. I thought 007 Bloodstone was a pretty good TPS game. Those games are good if your in it for an action campaign.

Dead Space games are good for Survival and horror, so is Resident Evil 5 especially with co-op.

Mass Effect for RPG with TPS gameplay and maybe Fallout, you can play that on TPS mode? lol

Saints Row 2&3, Red Dead Redemption and GT4 for open world games with good some good third person action.

Valkyria Chronicles? It's a SJRPG where you can move your characters on the field in TP, but it's mostly strategy....

That's all I can reccomend, haven't played any other TPS games. I've played Ghost recon advance warfighter and that's a pretty cool military TPS, never played it on the PS3, but might be worth looking into. Don't know if anyone still play that online.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Vanquish is epic, can't go wrong with that.

Others:

• Dead Space
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dark Sector
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla
  • Uncharted series
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Try Army of Two: the 40th Day if you have a friend wiling to put up with the dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

In my personal opinion, I would suggest trying to stay away from the hype of military shooters. The majority of military shooters anymore are the same thing with different character names, location(s) and/or name.

I was curious towards your comment "TanukiNinja" in regards to the TPS mode on Fallout? Are you referencing that comment I made when I gave my suggestion? You can change from first person to third person at any point during the game. I am just curious only.

Mass Effect for RPG with TPS gameplay and maybe Fallout, you can play that on TPS mode? lol

TanukiNinja

Avatar image for BattleforAzerot
BattleforAzerot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleforAzerot
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts

I would say Infamous and Just Cause 2, both are great open world games.

Also consider buying mafia 2 if you like good SP story, altrough its too short but its still very fun.

Dont waste time or money on DLCs, they are medicore at best.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HipHopBeats

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. If anyone has anymore suggestions, let me know.