Another YLOD topic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hedgie931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hedgie931
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts

Yup, another topic on the horrid yellow light. My launch 60GB PS3 finally got it about a week ago. The warranty expired in 2008. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me m options as far as fixing or getting a new one, as well as what happens with anything I have saved. Is there nothing I can do with my hard drive at this point? Thanks for all replies, smart ass or not/

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

You could try a temporary fix and quickly save all your data otherwise its lost forever :(

Also if you plan buying a new PS3 buy it brand new as you don't want to riskget YLOD again buying used.

Hedgie931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hedgie931
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts

Damn, that sucks. What about my PSN data? If I were to end up getting another PS3 I sign in on my PSN, what would be on it?

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

Either get it fixed at a Gameshop or do a quick fix yourself and quickly make a backup of your HD (lots of movies about how to do this on youtube).

Do not, and I repeat, do not remove your HD and insert it into another console under any circumstances. Don't insert a different HD in your current console either cuz both will result in a permanent loss of your data.

Just do some research if there are any gameshops near you that are able to fix it. I know a few near me that fix YLODs and RRODs for only 50 euros and have it done in 1 day so its not expensive or time consuming like sending it off yo Sony or whatever is. I would recommend you to do this.

Quick fixing it is also an option but you have to do it yourself so its risky, and you will need to buy a new console since your waranty has expired.

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

Damn, that sucks. What about my PSN data? If I were to end up getting another PS3 I sign in on my PSN, what would be on it?

Hedgie931

Sucks indeed :S

Well your account still exists so all you have to do is create a new user account on your (potential) new PS3 and then just log in on your current PSN account when signing in. Though if you havent synced your trophies with the server in a while it could be possible that your recently earned trophies are gone, just because it hasnt been updated with the server yet...

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

you should try fixing it your self so you can back up the data, its really not that hard. I've already opened up my ps3 7 times, just youtube how to fix it.

as far as the psn thing goes all your trophies are gonna be saved and all the games you downloaded and any add ons can be redownloaded again

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
[QUOTE="custerke"]

[QUOTE="Hedgie931"]

Sucks indeed :S

Well your account still exists so all you have to do is create a new user account on your (potential) new PS3 and then just log in on your current PSN account when signing in. Though if you havent synced your trophies with the server in a while it could be possible that your recently earned trophies are gone, just because it hasnt been updated with the server yet...

Yeah and you can also re-download all the stuff you bought on PSN,but I'm not sure about the movie store.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Check Google for some tutorials about fixing it,could be helpful