Analog Stick Problems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d12487r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 d12487r
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts

I've noticed that whenever I'm using the internet browser and sometimes during game play, my cursor/character will start drifting across the screen from the left to the right. I'm assuming this has something to do with the analog stick, and was just wondering if anyone here had ever encountered this problem, and has any solutions?

If it helps, I've never modded it at all, and haven't had many serious drops..

Thanks for the info.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

Yeah. Mine did that too. It's pretty simple to take off the faceplate and then take out the analog nub. There's a tutorial on faceplate removal at www.pspcrazy.com. Just remember to check the edges for screws. That must have been added later in the PSP's life.

Then take the analog control out. The analog stick is easy to take apart. It's held together by this metal band. You can pry it off with a sharp knife. The bottom is the circuit board. Just clean the circuit traces and the spring contacts on the inside. I never removed the springs. Put it all back together (make sure you put the circuit board in right) and screw the faceplate on. My PSP has worked fine since.

2 things to remember:
- This will void your warranty
- You'll probably have dust in your screen when you reassemble it.

davidiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 davidiam
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts
Removing the faceplate and analog nub is not a good idea. That's how my problems started.