Amazon UK also reporting PS4 50% failure rate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mausingen
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

/ed

punisher328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By punisher328
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

the problem is you don't have to actually buy from amazon to leave a user review on the item

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mausingen

@punisher328: Yes, I understand this.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@Mausingen:

completely untrue. if there was really a 50% failure rate.... it would seriously be all over the net and there would have been a gigantic stink.... and it is not. i havent heard anyone complaining about broken consoles on any of my forums in over a week.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mausingen

/ed

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yeah, there would be far more media coverage and legit posts about a 50% failure rate. I'm guessing this is mostly troll reviews. Time will tell though.

Either way, the whole Foxxcon scandal won't bode well for that company's future. If I owned a large business and millions of dollars rested on having a reliable manufacturing company, I wouldn't be re-hiring Foxxcon.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

So the "50%" is coming from reviews on Amazon? That has to be the worst way to come up with a statistic, especially regarding the PS4's failure rate...

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#8  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

So the "50%" is coming from reviews on Amazon? That has to be the worst way to come up with a statistic, especially regarding the PS4's failure rate...

Imho, Microsoft should convince through quality rather than making up the truth...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@VintAge68 said:

@SoNin360 said:

Imho, Microsoft should convince through quality rather than making up the truth...

What are you talking about?

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#10  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@VintAge68 said:

@SoNin360 said:

What are you talking about?

Internet democracy

dujubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dujubear
Member since 2013 • 104 Posts

Also, you can order an out of stock item like PS4, leave a review, and you will still be a "VERIFIED BUYER". Then cancel said order soon after. Im sure a lot are doing that.

To actually believe its 50% failure rate is either trolling or ignorant.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@dujubear said:

Also, you can order an out of stock item like PS4, leave a review, and you will still be a "VERIFIED BUYER". Then cancel said order soon after. Im sure a lot are doing that.

To actually believe its 50% failure rate is either trolling or ignorant.

Beat me to it, it's easy to mess with the figures. Plus about half those reviews are more than likely idiots or trolls, the failures have been realized as "suspiciously high" from Amazon. So it seems there's definitely a problem with those numbers.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Geminon said:

@Mausingen:

completely untrue. if there was really a 50% failure rate.... it would seriously be all over the net and there would have been a gigantic stink.... and it is not. i havent heard anyone complaining about broken consoles on any of my forums in over a week.

lol....don't you guys remember this clown from a few weeks ago, he made a similar thread for the U.S launch, he's lucky I don't know how to do the linky thing on this site!

Like I said to the TC before, his user picture(RAT) says it all! lol

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geminon

@MarcRecon said:

@Geminon said:

@Mausingen:

lol....don't you guys remember this clown from a few weeks ago, he made a similar thread for the U.S launch, he's lucky I don't know how to do the linky thing on this site!

wat? i have never made a single thread claiming a high failure rate.... ever. you are mistaken dumbass. get your facts straight before trying to act cool on a forum.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Use some common sense please. The most vocal people on there would be the people with faulty systems. If 500 people bought systems from Amazon, but only 20 of them posted reviews (with 10 of them being faulty), that wouldn't account for the other 480 non reviews.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I don't believe it's anywhere near that high, but I know people irl that had to return dead PS4s. There must be some truth to the high failure rate, so that's why I'm waiting until some time in 2014 to get mine.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

All my friends that bought it seem to have no problems so far.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

One troll helping the cause of other trolls. . . . sad actually, that someone could be bitter enough at a company's success that they would want to spread false information to taint that success, it's a weasely, low-life thing to do.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I live in the UK and yes my PS4 is made in china and double yes it has been working without any hitch or whatsoever.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarcRecon

@Geminon said:

@MarcRecon said:

@Geminon said:

@Mausingen:

wat? i have never made a single thread claiming a high failure rate.... ever. you are mistaken dumbass. get your facts straight before trying to act cool on a forum.

Dumbass....Hmmmm? I think it's fair to say that you can apply that name to yourself because I was talking about Mausingen.:)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MarcRecon

Nobody is doubting that there are some bad systems out there...which is to be expected with new hardware, it's just that people should try to use some common sense when hearing the reports....especially when undercover trolls with low forum post create topics about them. :)

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Since it's a new product, i suggest everyone to get a warranty, unless you can easily afford a replacement in the case it broke. It's like 50$ on the PSN.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MarcRecon

@Mausingen said:

Naturally, you cannot discard trolls and naysayers, but I still think this has weight to it. Amazon UK stocks from warehouses dotted around Europe and has a completely different packing and supply-line from the Amazon US system.

Some users are reporting made-in-China-Foxconn consoles, so this might narrow down the problem, but this still doesn't fall in line with what Sony had to say, ("We are investigating these claims but believe them to be false").

Any UK customers in general on these forums? Your experiences so far? I'm really interested, my country might have small surplus stock next Tuesday, and though I canceled my own pre-order, thinking about getting one for my bro for Xmas. It would be very hard to get a replacement where I'm from, hence my hesitation.

P.S. And just in case you're rolling around ready to cry and spaz out with your worthless two cents, MarkRecon, on another yet another thread you really feel the need to be included in - please don't bother.

I feel honored to be singled out sir and I see you missed me!! lol...and I'm more then freakin happy to disappoint you by including my two cents!! :)

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Geminon

this thread is just one giant trollbait and is completely ridiculous. the PS4 does not have a 50% failure rate....even the idea is preposterous.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

This thread is bullshit, and the "info" contained in it is more of the same.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@punisher328 said:

the problem is you don't have to actually buy from amazon to leave a user review on the item

This...end thread.